Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Good guys with guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ews-conference

It's Wayne's terminology, not mine.
    Can you Possibly say anything stupider? How many times you got to be told the Good Dude that HAD a Gun was several buildings away when this happened.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Can you Possibly say anything stupider? How many times you got to be told the Good Dude that HAD a Gun was several buildings away when this happened.
    Maybe Wayne shouldn't say such stupid things.

vCash

Maybe Wayne shouldn't say such stupid things.
    Let me type this real slow so maybe you can grasp the idea ok?
    #1 If im armed and in a store say ok? with me so far? Now some lunatic comes in the SAME store and starts shooting folks, Then Ima pull and return fire. ya still with me here? i dint go to fast now did I?

Now say Im in a store on ONE end of a giant Mall and Im armed, Ya hanging in there sport? Now way the **** and gone to the other end of the Mall some Lunatic comes in and starts shooting Folks. I need to hold My position and attempt to protect those around me!. Ya see how that works?
    Now If I pull Iron and go running towards the shooting No one knows who I am and they Liable to think Im a bad guy also

Ya see Brightness We as armed Citizens are NOT the PoPo. Nor are we in uniform. so does that get thru yer cast iron skull?

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Unless they are shoplifting. Then you chase after their car emptying your gun at them...

http://m.wayneindependent.com/articl...009895/-1/news

What a stupid bitch...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Unless they are shoplifting. Then you chase after their car emptying your gun at them...

What a stupid bitch...
    Too bad she missed, then a stink'n *** thief would be dead and her dumb *** would be locked up.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

What a stupid bitch...
    Which just Claifies the Points we've been making.
    yes the broad was dumb as SN.

vCash

Which just Claifies the Points we've been making.
    yes the broad was dumb as SN.
    But...is she as big a b*tch?
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 10/8/2015 at 08:04 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    But...is she as big a b*tch?
    Heh

Check out my new Open carry holster

vCash

What a beauty!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Let me type this real slow so maybe you can grasp the idea ok?
    #1 If im armed and in a store say ok? with me so far? Now some lunatic comes in the SAME store and starts shooting folks, Then Ima pull and return fire. ya still with me here? i dint go to fast now did I?

Now say Im in a store on ONE end of a giant Mall and Im armed, Ya hanging in there sport? Now way the **** and gone to the other end of the Mall some Lunatic comes in and starts shooting Folks. I need to hold My position and attempt to protect those around me!. Ya see how that works?
    Now If I pull Iron and go running towards the shooting No one knows who I am and they Liable to think Im a bad guy also

Ya see Brightness We as armed Citizens are NOT the PoPo. Nor are we in uniform. so does that get thru yer cast iron skull?

I thought you were part of the well regulated militia.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

The college was a gun free zone with a security guard armed with mace. So everyone who didn't have a gun was following the rules. Got 9 of them killed. Notice these guys always go for places that are gun free zones like schools and military recruiting stations. They never go to a gun show or a skeet shooting tourney? At least my school has armed security and police to protect me. The cops did a good job getting there in 7 minutes but in 7 minutes with just a couple of hand guns and reloads, you make a lot of dead bodies.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

btw.. the Second Militia Act of 1792 established that the militia would be compromised of all free able-bodied white male citizen between 18 and 45. Later this was expanded to all free able-bodied male citizens (race was removed) between the ages of 18 and 54. It required that each man provide himself with a musket, bayonet, and belt. If you owned a rifle, you were required to keep 20 rifle balls and a 1/4 pound of powder. And ironically congressmen were exempted from these requirements. So I would say that shows what the Founding Fathers considered the militia to be. EVERYONE who can fight is the militia.

These laws were superseded by the Militia Act of 1903 with the establishment of the national guard but between the original act of 1792 and the Federalist/Anti-Federalist papers, we can tell that our Founding Fathers didn't really trust a centralized government. The only one of them who liked the idea was Hamilton and well, let's face it, he wanted Washington to be King of the United States.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TVKaleen View Post
    The college was a gun free zone with a security guard armed with mace. So everyone who didn't have a gun was following the rules. Got 9 of them killed. Notice these guys always go for places that are gun free zones like schools and military recruiting stations. They never go to a gun show or a skeet shooting tourney? At least my school has armed security and police to protect me. The cops did a good job getting there in 7 minutes but in 7 minutes with just a couple of hand guns and reloads,b you make a lot of dead bodies.
    Except that any concealed carry holder could carry their their firearm on campus. High schools and colleges are targets because troubled young people are there. I don't think it has anything to do with "gun free". I don't get elementary schools.

vCash

I thought you were part of the well regulated militia.
    Keep trolling Moran

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I read somewhere that guns were allowed on campus but not in the buildings (ie. you could have a gun in your car on campus but might get into trouble if you had it on your person). So troubled youth. Guess that explains the recruiting station in Tennessee, Sandyhook, or the movie theater. But based on that wouldn't you see mass murders occurring at church camps and basically anywhere 18 year old kids congregate?

Regardless, knowing that people who have CC permits are trained to protect themselves but not to go looking for the bad guy (my mother has had a CC since it was possible in this state), you are making a good argument for having a CC person in every classroom.

All this being said, I'm for keeping guns out of the mentally insane. How do you that in a country where there are literally millions of unregistered firearms? Realistically? Do we are all Gun Nazi on everyone and have the FBI/police/ATF/military sweep door to door for the guns? Because I'm sure all four of those groups have the appropriate soft touch and people skills to pull that off without a bunch of dead people (Ruby Ridge/go search the internet for cops doing bad thing videos/Waco/Kent State). And until you can track most of the guns, you are just blowing smoke. And to get there you are going to have to stop being the US of A and become something different. I don't see that happening.

So instead of passing gun bills that haven't worked and won't work, why don't we start dealing the root causes.. I dunno.. like maybe mental illness and possibly in this last case insurgency. Definately a home grown terrorist in the Tennessee and at Fort Hood (workplace violence my ***).

vCash

Oregon state law stipulates that no local rule or law will disallow concealed carry licensees from carrying their firearms.

vCash

Maybe we could hold people accountable financially for providing a firearm to someone who won't pass the background check. We've done it with drunk driving. People don't do it like they used to. The penalties are severe now.

vCash

Maybe we could hold people accountable financially for providing a firearm to someone who won't pass the background check. We've done it with drunk driving. People don't do it like they used to. The penalties are severe now.
    If they are caught being a straw buyer they are Prosecuted and tossed in the clink on a Felony charge.Thats a pretty severe Financial penalty dont ya think? Unless your Obammy and Holder doing the "Fast an Furious" dance.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Section 922(g) of the Brady Bill prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
    Is a fugitive from justice;
    Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
    Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
    Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
    Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
    Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
    Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

And yet Holmes' defense attorney Tamara Brady asked Beggs if there is a legal process to keep from selling these items legally in Colorado to a "severely mentally ill person." Beggs answered that there is not.

These two statements do not jibe. James Eagan Holmes was EXACTLY who the Brady Bill was supposed to stop. But it is so difficult these days to get anyone declared a mental defective. You look through almost all of these cases and you see broken people on antidepressants and anti-psychotics and yet pass the background check. Why is that? We don't need more gun control, we need a system to add people who are on these heavy meds for mental illness to the do not sell list. Obviously a person who is mentally ill does not pass the "abled bodied" check of our Founding Fathers.

And one more question.. Does your stance mean that all the victims and the families of the dead murdered by Patrick Sherrill should be able to hold the provider of his weapons financially responsible? Or should the government fine the institution that gave him his 2 .45's and 200 rounds of ammo?

vCash

I don't think gun manufacturers should be liable.