Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Shooter intent on Killing "Christians". Obama focus on gun control.

big debate on FB with friends...some who are very liberal socially and have supported dufus in the office.

One lady actually said..in general..."we need to quit making guns, take and destroy the ones we have then in 20 years there won't be any guns so my kids won't get shot at school".

Love her as a friend..but #1 ain't going to happen, #2 her kids will all be well out of school by then.

I post this because this is the exact attitude that is prevailing with these suburban moms...and it's spreading.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Okay, CB, the thought is that someone who acquires 13 weapons over a 2 or 3
    year period of time ought to be looked at by someone, just out of curiosity. Hell,
    his mom probably had more than that...2-3 mags for her Glock, multiple mags for
    her AR and AK's....

This kid (I'm 70 so I can say that) sent out all kinds of signals that he was damaged.
    Nobody did a dayum thing about it. I believe that there should be some way to get
    a handle on these folks that have issues. Seems to me that some who want to have
    an arsenal should be, at least, checked out. Now, certainly, upstanding folks such as
    yourself would be just fine. But, c'mon, this kid, the one in Mass, the one in AZ, at
    Va Tech, etc. were issues...surely you can agree to that! I don't want to take any one's
    guns away but, fer cryin' out loud there MUST be oversight/checks & balances!
    If you're talking about mental health, that's a separate issue than you shouldn't have over X amount of guns.

But back to rationing rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights - should we at least check out someone who maybe exercises their 1st Amendment rights too often, or to too great an extent?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    big debate on FB with friends...some who are very liberal socially and have supported dufus in the office.

One lady actually said..in general..."we need to quit making guns, take and destroy the ones we have then in 20 years there won't be any guns so my kids won't get shot at school".

Love her as a friend..but #1 ain't going to happen, #2 her kids will all be well out of school by then.

I post this because this is the exact attitude that is prevailing with these suburban moms...and it's spreading.
    Sounds like you need to sh*tcan some friends!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    If you're talking about mental health, that's a separate issue than you shouldn't have over X amount of guns.

But back to rationing rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights - should we at least check out someone who maybe exercises their 1st Amendment rights too often, or to too great an extent?
    Well, those who exercise their right with the 1st Amendment are normally
    right out front for everyone to see/hear.

Mental health and an excessive gun "collection" are at the very root of this crap
    and, I'm sure, you know it. Closing some loopholes (gun shows) and some sort
    increased reporting/awareness might catch some folks who otherwise "slip through
    the cracks" (as Trump so famously asserted).

vCash

Mental health and an excessive gun "collection" are at the very root of this crap
    increased reporting/awareness might catch some folks who otherwise "slip through
    Explain how your proposed solutions would have stopped any of these mass shootings. The anti-gun astronaut with the big ears couldn't do it. The liberal chick on Morning Joe couldn't do it, but maybe you have the answer? And please, provide details beyond: "we have to do something!"

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

...and I missed that part in the Bill of Rights where we have to be "up front" about exercising our rights? If you could, point out where I can find that - I'd like to take a look at it.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

...and I missed that part in the Bill of Rights where we have to be "up front" about exercising our rights? If you could, point out where I can find that - I'd like to take a look at it.
    I surrender, you are locked in....sorry....

vCash

Rock Explane this Gun show LOOPHOLE you and the rest of the Libs spout off about!
    Excessive Gun collections? By who's standard are they excessive?
    At one time I had Mine insured for 80K and that was back in the early 80s
    Who is going to do the reporting and to whom are they going to report?

I'll post this again in case you missed it
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

I value my 2nd Amendment rights as much or more than any of the others. From a historical perspective I know what happens to a people when they are left defenseless.

It just resonates with me that when people want us to forfeit some or all of our 2nd Amendment rights, how much of the other ones are they also willing to give up, or take away?
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 10/6/2015 at 09:27 PM.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Vet, see post #47....

vCash

Vet, see post #47....
    Thats my Point bro. Those in favor of MORE gun control dont want to debate the issue and Those against More control dont either.
    My issue is that Gun shows dont offer any more opportunity for Crazy folk to buy guns than say Craigs list or even FB
    Very few sellers at Gunshows are individuals wanting to sell 1 or maybe 2 weapons the rest are FFL holders who are required to do the checks. So regurgitating the Gun show Loop hole Mantra just tells me folks aint got a clue.
    There are MORE than enough laws on the Books to stop this Crazy shat, Most are not enforced to the extent they need to be ,IMHO
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I gotta question...how come nobody got excited over a 26 year old that
    had THIRTEEN guns (plus a trade in)? Seems to me that anyone who
    has that kind of firepower orta be on someone's radar...clearly, there should
    be flags in the system, after,oh, I dunno, 3 or 4...somebody help me out here..!
    Nope... Nothing wrong with that, as long as he is legal...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Okay, CB, the thought is that someone who acquires 13 weapons over a 2 or 3
    year period of time ought to be looked at by someone, just out of curiosity. Hell,
    his mom probably had more than that...2-3 mags for her Glock, multiple mags for
    her AR and AK's....

This kid (I'm 70 so I can say that) sent out all kinds of signals that he was damaged.
    Nobody did a dayum thing about it. I believe that there should be some way to get
    a handle on these folks that have issues. Seems to me that some who want to have
    an arsenal should be, at least, checked out. Now, certainly, upstanding folks such as
    yourself would be just fine. But, c'mon, this kid, the one in Mass, the one in AZ, at
    Va Tech, etc. were issues...surely you can agree to that! I don't want to take any one's
    guns away but, fer cryin' out loud there MUST be oversight/checks & balances!
    TO your first paragraph, not a darn thing wrong. May be a new collector, hobbyist, gun range enthusiast... Not a bit wrong here.

To you second paragraph, ding, ding, ding... somewhere along the line there should have been a check. But as he may not have been committed or done a crime, he was not on a "list" fine line here between public right to know and HIPAA reporting.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

I surrender, you are locked in....sorry....
    I will never surrender my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, granted to me by my FOUNDING FATHERS.

see #47, gotcha.... I pity this country and the slaves left when no one can defend their rights or enforce the constitution as it stands today...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

I have heard the only potential one that could have been stopped was South Carolina (at least until he found another gun). He had been arrested and had drugs in his possession which is an automatic disqualification.

As for me, I own 3 guns at the present and will be getting more (some competition level stuff). I have 5 mags for each gun simply because I don't like to reload the mags in between as much and I can usually shoot enough with those plus 2 more at a sitting. It is difficult to set something up definitive for denial of weapons. My son has some of the same disorders the Oregon shooter did, but he is unlikely to ever go off like that. It is about knowing who your son is (but I keep my guns locked up anyway just because there is always a chance he could hurt himself). Mental illness maybe should be a disqualification (but what kind since each diagnosis is not equal to the person), but there is really no centralized way of putting this out there. I would like to know it is unlikely I will get shot somewhere, but there is just no way to close this hole. I carry both because of that and also because I will become a target as I get older.
    Metaphors be with you!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Rock Explane this Gun show LOOPHOLE you and the rest of the Libs spout off about!
    Excessive Gun collections? By who's standard are they excessive?
    At one time I had Mine insured for 80K and that was back in the early 80s
    Who is going to do the reporting and to whom are they going to report?

I'll post this again in case you missed it
    The loophole means that Lee Harvey can go to buy a gun at a reputable dealer. That dealer has a duty to perform a proper background check to verify that Lee Harvey is eligible to purchase a gun. Maybe Lee Harvey is denied due to the fact that he was a patsy who's got a presidential assassination on his record. However, if Lee Harvey goes to a "gun show" there is no duty by that dealer to perform a background check. The same can be said about private gun sales. Personally, I think if John Doe sells a gun to Lee Harvey and Lee Harvey goes all "Lee Harvey" and Mr. Doe didn't perform his due diligence, I think Mr. Doe is liable for any damage performed by Lee Harvey.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    The loophole means that Lee Harvey can go to buy a gun at a reputable dealer. That dealer has a duty to perform a proper background check to verify that Lee Harvey is eligible to purchase a gun. Maybe Lee Harvey is denied due to the fact that he was a patsy who's got a presidential assassination on his record.
    However, if Lee Harvey goes to a "gun show" there is no duty by that dealer to perform a background check.
    The same can be said about private gun sales. Personally, I think if John Doe sells a gun to Lee Harvey and Lee Harvey goes all "Lee Harvey" and Mr. Doe didn't perform his due diligence, I think Mr. Doe is liable for any damage performed by Lee Harvey.
    And again we have a Moran spouting off about things he has not a CLUE about.
    A Dealer is Bound by the Background checks where ever he sells a weapon be it at a Gun show or his living room. Learn some FACTs Snyphilis Nose!

I recently bot a 22 revolver with a Mag cylinder from an individual who needed some money they came to my Shack at night. Are you trying to say I should have waited until Day time and went to the PoPos before I bot?
    Again yer a ****in Moran.

vCash

Some people are such handwringing p*ssies they'd be okay with having to ask Obama for permission to take a p*ss!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Some people are such handwringing p*ssies they'd be okay with having to ask Obama for permission to take a p*ss!
    Yup and they eating so much **** from the Gun control crowed they spewing the same **** with out knowing WTF they talkin about.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What check do you have to buy a gun out of the trunk of a car?----or to steal one