Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

It appears Huepel may be catching some fan heat out in Utah

I don't know what he's got to work with out at Utah State, and I know they've lost their QB Keeton again, and they gave a darn good Utah team all they could handle, but the journalist seems to think he's a top-notch OC and seems to be trying to quiet the grumblings of some of the fans. He didn't seem to offer any insight to their fan base of our offensive problems during the last several years --meerkat, time-out management resulting from the plays not being sent to the field in a timely manner (still don't know if it was his fault with that ridiculous offense chain of command play-calling plan which may have been ordered from higher up), QBs not improving during his step up from QB coach to OC, etc, so the article appears, at least to me, to be somewhat sunshine-pumping.

With our off-week, if HCBS and LR didn't pull some sort of Fairbanks/Switzer when they changed to the wishbone to quick-start our running game especially from the opening KO, our HC and OC may be in the same boat come next week, or the next couple of weeks, because it gets real against W.Va and the Whorns. Yes, the whorns too, because no matter what their record which may be 1-4 after next week, they'll bring it all to the RRS/RRR like they did 2 years ago). W/O BM (and perhaps LR) we would've probably been blown out in Knoxville and might have coughed up the Tulsa game as well, imo.

A quarter of the way into the Aggie season, there is a pocket of Aggie fans convinced Heupel, in a few short months in Cache Valley, has consigned to oblivion all he learned coaching quarterbacks at the highest level of American college football.
    We have talked offensive football with Heupel, whose grasp reminds us of past Aggie coordinators like Wells and Brian Billick (who became a Super Bowl winner as Ravens head coach) and Jim Zorn (an 11-year NFL quarterback and veteran of 16 pro football coaching years, including two as head coach of the Redskins.)

Josh is in that league.
    http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/col...d4a05b0ec.html
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 9/28/2015 at 09:35 PM.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Re: It appears Huepel may be catching some fan heat out in Utah

He has struggled pretty big time so far.. Chuckie is a pretty darn good QB and this offense turned him into a subpar QB.. You look at his numbers and the decline from his last season to this one..The backfield isn't bad..Honestly, there just isnt any reason for that team to have struggled on offense as much as they have had..
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It does not help that rival Utah is now ranked in the top 10. Aggy schools tend to have unrealistic views of themselves, and Utah State literally is "Aggie," so... yeah.

I wasn't a huge fan of Josh's offense, nor a lot of his play calling. Lets be real though - the offense certainly wasn't the weakest side of the ball last year. Unfortunately we may see the same thing this year. We'll get a good look tomorrow but our pass defense is concerning to this point.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Thanks for the post.