SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Dalton Wood to enroll in Jan

whether he plays ball or not...who knows.
    don't know much about the kid..hopefully he's where he needs to be. Too many young people just are moving through life...and put too much pressure on themselves. Life is a gravel road...enjoy the ride.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Dalton Wood to enroll in Jan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	725a03ecd72bc9c5c794f50440cdb1d8.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	2891

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

osted: Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:00 pm
    By Adrian O'Hanlon III | Sports Editor
    Former McAlester standout and University of Oklahoma 2015 signee Dalton Wood confirmed via text on Thursday to the News-Capital that he will return to the Sooners in January, but he will do so without a scholarship.
    “I (have) to walk on and earn it back,” Wood texted.

Wood changed his Facebook cover picture to a Sooners-themed graphic on Wednesday and was asked in the comments section if he was still playing for OU. He replied that he would start in January.
    This means Wood has essentially been grayshirted, delaying until the spring to keep the NCAA five-year eligibility clock from starting.
    The former McAlester quarterback was removed from the Sooners' official 2015 football roster in August after failing to report with the rest of the team. He reported to campus in early June, but left less than 24 hours after his arrival.
    He is still listed as an enrolled freshman in the University of Oklahoma student database.
    As a senior at McAlester, Wood had 1,961 yards and 29 touchdowns through the air, 1,617 yards and 25 scores on the ground, and added three touchdown catches.

"I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Somewhere I read that he's enrolled and currently in class, but that he'd not join the team until Jan. Whatever I read seemed to indicate he had already talked to the coaches and there would be a scholly at that time, so apparently this story is still evolving.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, Wood is a unique athlete. Even after seeing him play in person, it's hard to believe a guy that big can have his speed and yet be so fluid. Whether we will ever be able to enjoy his football exploits while wearing the crimson and cream very much remains to be seen.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Talked to his mom and dad at parent teacher conference last night..Everyone seems to be in a better place than they were a couple of months ago.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Talked to his mom and dad at parent teacher conference last night..Everyone seems to be in a better place than they were a couple of months ago.
    good luck to the kid. Hope everything works out for him.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Talked to his mom and dad at parent teacher conference last night..Everyone seems to be in a better place than they were a couple of months ago
    Our resident McAlester man with the inside scoop!

And yes, best of luck to Dalton. I'm always happy to see in-state kids succeed at the best in-state program

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Our resident McAlester man with the inside scoop!

And yes, best of luck to Dalton. I'm always happy to see in-state kids succeed at the best in-state program
    Ditto
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member