Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Why do Libs Condem Christians, and Support Mooslums?

I saw a CBS reporter wide-eyed and gushing about the "Holy Father" yesterday on the national news. I hadn't seen that sort of media fanhood since the early days of BHO. It made me tired when they had some Mexican child earnestly talking about making contact with the pope regarding immigration reform. Great. We see a Mexican kid and an old man from Rome doing their best to influence US immigration policy. The libs just love that sort of Christianity.

I turned off the TV with the comment that he needs to go back to Rome and quit helping ruin our country. Lib college daughter huffed off to her bedroom.

The ironic twist is: I had turned on the news wondering about the horrific stampede in Mecca, wondering what had caused it, that safeguards had been put in place, etc. CBS didn't lead with that story.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I saw a post actually explaining the 5 fallacies of the comments of the Pope taken out of context and the translation...was kind of "made to fit the agenda".

The 5 were gay marriage, capitalism, abortion, priest marrying and annulments. What the liberal mainstream media DIDN'T report was that the Catholic Church AND the Pope are still against gay marriage, that the Pope said basically capitalism ALONE won't help the poor...the rest are not as hot a topic.

Anyway...for me, it's a wait and see...He's not as bad as some say. MOST priest are fairly non-verbal judgmental...it's their nature.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

A few yrs ago Newsweek ran a cover story that was truly shocking (pretty sure it was Newsweek). The cover featured a beautiful young lady...that had had her nose cut off. Seems like the title said The Face of Radical Islam. I remember reading criticism of the magazine for using that photo because it supposedly fed into the west's Islamophobia.

Btw, Soonerjeepman, how's your school year going so far? I'm enjoying another good one. Gonna miss it in a few years when I retire.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Hey wasp,
    Good...getting ready for class now. I've got 3 more. If my current assignment changes (might due to budget) I'm going to finish up at middle school...hopefully social studies. Then I get back into coaching basketball.

Glad to hear your year is going well.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Dont really have a dog in this but it is curious to me.
    It's simple. The left is against Judeo-Christian values, the Muslims are against Jews (and by association Christians). The enemy of my enemy is my friend, of course.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Dont really have a dog in this but it is curious to me.
    I support nerdy kids with science projects. I don't support 20-somethings that think they're going to bring on the end of the world by killing innocent people.

I support all the good works Christians do. I don't support murdering abortion doctors.

In both (in all) religions there are a great number of people in between the extremes. None of us know what's in all of their hearts.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!