SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

driving into work and seeing another obama overreach

saw a mowing crew, minority, mowing the projects housing area. Damn, they had a nice new over-sized pick-up...but made me think, since the one dude was sitting in the truck while his "crew" mowed...just how the executive order on min wage was really going to work. I'd bet $100 his "crew" isn't getting paid the fed minimum wage.

On February 12, 2014, President Obama signed Executive Order 13658, “Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors,” to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for all workers on Federal construction and service contracts. The President took this executive action because raising wages will improve the quality and efficiency of services provided to the government. Boosting wages lowers turnover, increases morale, and will lead to higher productivity overall on Federal contracts. The Executive Order directed the Department of Labor to issue regulations to implement the new Federal contractor minimum wage. The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking issued by Secretary of Labor Tom Perez is an important milestone in raising the minimum wage for workers on Federal contracts.

and just WHO is going to pay? we are...the taxpayers.

Does he actually think the contractors are going to "eat" the increase in costs? what an idiot. Guess this is what you think when you're a community organizer and never ran a business.

weird the date says 2014, I thought it was more recent....

Oh, and I can't wait to see the abuse...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Re: driving into work and seeing another obama overreach

Any minimum wage is governmental over reach.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Any minimum wage is governmental over reach.
    wage and or price controls are leftist horsesh*t.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

guess I was thinking to the newer executive order giving x amount of sick days...making it mandatory. Then googled this...

anyways, it's still all crappy
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!