Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Baylor coach on Tulsa sidelines this Saturday; against NCAA rules

Quote Originally Posted by mainline13 View Post
    And if there isn't any extra insight to be gained, then why is it a rule at all?
    My guess is, that it was a rule put in place a loooong time ago before technology and stuff.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

What he said..Before every game was televised and sharing film wasn't such a universal thing as it is now between coaches..
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    What he said..Before every game was televised and sharing film wasn't such a universal thing as it is now between coaches..
    Did the King really Hide in a tree or have some one hide in a tree to spy on Saxet? LMAO
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Did the King really Hide in a tree or have some one hide in a tree to spy on Saxet? LMAO

I like to think that he did.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Just the same, I hope that we change all our hand signals for each game. Just sayin'.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I like to think that he did.
    Why? so Briles and the rest of his staff dont appear to be such a doosh then?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

jeff lebby. holy cripes 2001 recruiting class i believe

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    jeff lebby. holy cripes 2001 recruiting class i believe
    Yup, Read he got injured and spent 4 years as a GA coach here.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I don't care who may or may not have gained anything from it, it's chickensh!t. How can any coach not know this is against the rules? Lebby was reportedly in the area for a wedding which means it wasn't a last minute trip. How hard would it be to pick up the phone and let your old coach know you want to bring your wife to the game? And for Montgomery to also claim such ignorance of the rule that he left them sideline passes? Pure chickensh!t.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan88 View Post
    I don't care who may or may not have gained anything from it, it's chickensh!t. How can any coach not know this is against the rules? Lebby was reportedly in the area for a wedding which means it wasn't a last minute trip. How hard would it be to pick up the phone and let your old coach know you want to bring your wife to the game? And for Montgomery to also claim such ignorance of the rule that he left them sideline passes? Pure chickensh!t.
    I pretty much agree with most of that. Honestly, I'm getting kind of tired of defending this crap. This **** needs to stop. I don't know what the hell is going on but ever since the Michigan State game last year and then the whole SU rape assault...the big green and gold ship of awesome just don't seem to be on an even keel.

I said just before the season started that I thought we'd drop two regular season games. I'm starting to think it might be 3 or even, god forbid, 4. This staff is the epitome of distracted.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

#1 he knew the rules...bull crap move
    #2 if he graduated from OU why not use his connections to stand on OU side?
    #3 even with all that...the game was on tv...sure there is plenty of tape to scout
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I pretty much agree with most of that. Honestly, I'm getting kind of tired of defending this crap. This **** needs to stop. I don't know what the hell is going on but ever since the Michigan State game last year and then the whole SU rape assault...the big green and gold ship of awesome just don't seem to be on an even keel.

I said just before the season started that I thought we'd drop two regular season games. I'm starting to think it might be 3 or even, god forbid, 4. This staff is the epitome of distracted.
    I haven't waTched bu...but after watching Tulsa burn the secondary even if bu isn't up to their standard from the last few years you'll be fine against us. The difference is we have a decent offense this year
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Briles is one helluva coach and mentor...dad....

He suspended his son the week before for recruiting violations this last spring...now his son in law does this.

Lol, great example. YES, he is held to a higher standard...just like Stoops...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

If head coaches are responsible for their players' misdeeds, then they should also be responsible for the assistant coaches! NCAA better take a HARD look on the Baylor program....it just doesn't "smell" right!

vCash

dunno, but J D Runnels doesn't seem to think it's that big of a deal.

He was roommates with former OU fullback J.D. Runnels, who said he saw and spoke with Lebby on the sideline at Saturday’s game.

Runnels called the situation a “non-story.”

“I know fans want there to be something, but there’s just not,” Runnels said. “Quite frankly, Baylor’s beat us the last two years. For him, there’s nothing to scout, sad to say. There wasn’t any note-taking. There was none of that.

“I don’t like Baylor, OK? I do not like Baylor. I don’t like that they’re having success. I’m glad he’s doing well, but I don’t like getting our a-- kicked at home or losing two years in a row to who used to be a bottom-feeder in this conference.

“If it was something, I would tell it. Trust me, but there’s nothing to tell.”
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Well hell, let's just have Art Briles stand over there next time supporting his former offensive coordinator, if this is not a big deal and there's nothing to this He just likes to visit Norman, probably (given how often he's won here recently, argh). He's just supporting his friend and colleague. There's no advantage to him being on the sideline.

Let's invite all Big 12 coaches to stand on the opposing sideline whenever their teams have byes. They can also wear the opposing team's shirts too so that they blend in better.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    If head coaches are responsible for their players' misdeeds, then they should also be responsible for the assistant coaches! NCAA better take a HARD look on the Baylor program....it just doesn't "smell" right!
    Is it a bad fishy odor? Especially noticeable when in some state of undress?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    Speaking of Baylor, their game with TCU should be a little more interesting this year:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/college-football/story/_/id/13717991/gary-patterson-tcu-horned-frogs-says-mike-tuaua-arrest-not-even-close-happened-south-here
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Welp, he hung out in a motel in Hooks, TX for 77 days/nights to get
    Sims so I wouldn't be surprised if he clumb up a tree just to pi$$
    Darrell Royal off....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerMom2's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerScoop has close in pictures of the wife on the 25 yard line with what looks to be an I Phone just out her purse. That purse which I have for travel is meant to be across the body and hands free but hers is at the side and you can tell the hands are in odd position. She is ten yards away from her husband which destroys they were there with friends not to mention the so-called wedding was Friday night, and reason he left after 1st Quarter was OU Compliance asked them to leave. BTW OU cancelled talks with Tulsa on future games according to radio. Would say Stoops is livid after he kept Lebby on scholarship after getting hurt and then was a grad assistant for a year and he stabs him in the back. Wedding was in OKC -- no reason to come to Norman. Briles is lying as usual.