Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Baylor coach on Tulsa sidelines this Saturday; against NCAA rules

Art Briles... or Art Belichick?
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...ea76be352.html

Baylor assistant coach Jeff Lebby was on the Tulsa sideline during Saturday’s game at Oklahoma. Bob Stoops, during his Monday press conference, said he wasn’t aware of his presence until after the contest.

Lebby’s attendance would break NCAA bylaw 11.6.1 which prohibits off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents.

“I didn’t find that out until after the game,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty fundamental rule. That’s not allowed. I don’t know what he was doing here.”
    Bob Stoops will downplay it today because he's teaching his team to not have excuses, which I've always enjoyed. The rest of us should cast the first stone immediately

Cheaters. There. I said it. I think they were cheating. I think they were hoping to not get caught and I think they knew exactly what they were doing. Good riddance to not being able to schedule Tulsa again until 2020 at the earliest. I love TU, but the Baylor Belichicks need to get penalized for this.

Let's suspend their quarterback for four games

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Baylor coach on Tulsa sidelines this Saturday; against NCAA rules

I have a hard time believing Briles wasn't involved to some degree

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

of course he knows....thats exaclty the kind of **** he would do
    this is bull****

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Hmmm... the fact that Lebby was on the sidelines means one of two things
    1) Tulsa invited Lebby and he said "yes", knowing it's against the rules
    2) or Lebby/Baylor called Tulsa and they said "ok", knowing it's against the rules

Either way, both schools broke the rules. I don't expect much in the way of a penalty. You really have to wonder why he was even there. I can't see a competitive advantage for Baylor at all... I mean the game is 2 months away. I like Tulsa, but is it possible that Tulsa was trying to gain an advantage by having him there?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    of course he knows....thats exaclty the kind of **** he would do
    Big 12 needs enema to rid itself of sh** called Hypocrite U! What a scumbag pretend institution!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Baylor assistant coach Jeff Lebby was on the Tulsa sideline during Saturday’s game at Oklahoma.
    While I would be more concerned if we played Baylor next week or in the next couple of weeks, I think the bigger question is, did Lebby fleece our Athletic Dept out of one of those free concession vouchers as well ? That would really pizz off our season ticket holders.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Wonder how loud the cry would be if one of OUr assistants was on an
    upcoming opponent's sideline?.......

vCash

He shouldn't have been there. That was absolutely a mistake, but the idea that he was 'scouting' to gather information and report back is absolute nonsense. Monty and CAB routinely talk to one another, they're close friends, and obviously Monty is going to hand over every bit of film and information that may be valuable to us when we play OU. We don't need an assistant to risk that much for absolutely no gain.

He was there to support Monty and the TU coaching staff. He's an OU alumni and played for OU and my understanding is that he wanted to show his wife around Norman and the campus. Briles called Stoops and personally apologized. Much ado about nothing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Probably depends on the upcoming opponent. Most would respond about like Stoops. Disapproval, but not ballistic. Baylor themselves would have crapped their shorts, wrapped themselves in the flag and begun praying (loudly and checking first to make sure they were on camera) for Bob's immortal soul. Texas and Kansas would probably have just sighed wearily and continued preparing for whoever was scheduled to kick their azzes next week.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Texas and Kansas would probably have just sighed wearily and continued preparing for whoever was scheduled to kick their azzes next week
    That's what they do Mondays. Sunday's the day of rest

Also, I am not outraged about this. They cheated, but they may very well run circles around our defense regardless. My holiday plans no longer revolve around what bowl OU goes to, so whether we go 8-5 or 14-0 is of no consequence to me. I would really like to see the NCAA and NFL enforce their rules a little better, however

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Also, I am not outraged about this. They cheated, but they may very well run circles around our defense regardless. My holiday plans no longer revolve around what bowl OU goes to, so whether we go 8-5 or 14-0 is of no consequence to me. I would really like to see the NCAA and NFL enforce their rules a little better, however
    Serious question, aside from the actual violation, what sort of information do you think he was getting by personally being on the sideline that our staff wouldn't get anyway from Monty directly? Everything he could possibly tell CAB about the game will be told to him directly from Montgomery, so I can't see what anyone thinks the guy got out of being there.

It is as I said -- he was supporting the TU staff and showing his wife around campus.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

There is no benefit to Tulsa for him being on that sideline..None.
    Bazinga

vCash

There is no reason for anyone to be present to scout in an age were any of us can scout the next game from our own toilet..
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    There is no benefit to Tulsa for him being on that sideline..None.
    There's no benefit for us either.

vCash

Lebby was an OU athlete and student coach who roomed with Runnels btw.
    Bazinga

vCash

It was very poor judgement, but it wasn't cheating.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It may have even been cheating, but meaningless, Hillary style cheating for cheating' sake more than actual results oriented cheating.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

I wasn't implying there any benefit to anyone..Just most of the people talking said he was there to help Tulsa, not scout for Baylor.

Because you know, you can just show up at a field, and another team's players will start taking direction from you on the fly.
    Bazinga

vCash

Aye. If they could prove he was giving direction to the players then I'd have a huge ****ing problem with one of our coaches coaching another team. That's a fireable offense if there ever was one. But, I don't think Montgomery would allow that. It would undermine his own coaches, for one thing, and I don't think he'd have much to contribute beyond what existing TU coaches can do.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    That's what they do Mondays. Sunday's the day of rest

It does kind of remind me of the PI towards the end of the Tennessee game. Their fans say "uncatchable," and we say "we don't know that, since he never had the chance to jump."

Baylor has kicked us pretty good lately, but if there is any possibility of gaining extra insight, unavailable on film, by attending the game - then we may never know if they would have kicked us around anyway. And if there isn't any extra insight to be gained, then why is it a rule at all?

Other than that, I do wish that rules (pretty much all of them, everywhere) would either be applied universally or be dropped / cancelled / deleted / whatever.