Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Re: 11:00 am kickoff for West Virginia

on my route in, they are usually around the North end of the stadium east of the Armory/Price hall

i've also had people hand me free tickets as i was walking past where the tour buses drop people off on Asp, on the east side of the stadium just north of Lindsey

people are usually selling on Campus Corner at Boyd and Asp or Jenkins as well, but they always seemed more high end prices

but really you can just walk around and look for people holding up tickets. try to find a regular guy holding an extra vs. some professional looking guy with a stack of them

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

11am starts make me feel like an alcoholic, having to drink beer at 9:30 am at the tailgate.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Thanks for the advice, yermom, appreciate it.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Will not make the game this time. My Grandson likes late games in order that he can sleep in. West Virginia coaches like the 11AM game. It is 12 noon in Morgantown. I think it will be a good game and I think the Mountaineers are pretty much injury free. We do have a defense this year. This game will be a great test for us.
    Good luck from a born Okie, but I do have a WV Grandson football player.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Good luck to your grandson and may he never be bothered by having to trot out there for those silly extra point attempts.

vCash

I detest 11am kickoffs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    11am starts make me feel like an alcoholic, having to drink beer at 9:30 am at the tailgate.
    No, i'm pretty sure you would have to start drinking by 8:00 a.m. to be considered an alcoholic, maybe even 7:30.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Also, striping the stadium. Even sections red, odd are white. Alternate uniforms for the occasion. UGH!! I saw the WVA vs Maryland and WVA looked like bananas running around. Let's hope that is they way they will look...not knowing what hit them when OU's defense shows up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

The biggest problem with game is probably not the 11 AM KO, but how many drive momentum killing commercial TV TOs Fox will try and squeeze in early. It's just my non-scientific observation from having games on multiple TVs, but it seems that network is notorious for squeezing in as many commercials as possible from the game itself and not from their talking heads commentary time, half-time commentary, or injury/official review TOs.

Looking at that networks CFB listings for Sat they probably won't have many eyeballs on their afternoon and prime-time games due to the competition from ABC/ESPiN's better games (on paper), so they'll probably try maximize their take in this early game.

I read some article this week that said that this season there have already been 66 CFB games that lasted over 3:30 (hrs:min) in length with 6 games over 4 hrs with the average being 3:23. The division 2 games average last year was only 2:45 with Div 3 -- 2:41 and NFL games lasted only a little over 3 hrs (geez I don't know how with all the commercial breaks on Thurs/Sun/Mon night FB, but that's what the article said.

It would be interesting if some DO/TW/NT journalist, instead of just getting his/her columns from the CFB message boards , would actually do some homework and put a stop watch on our games and even count the TV commercial TOs (not team TOs) that came during critical drives or in critical situations and if these TOs had any consequences for the team with the momentum. Also put a stop-watch to some of these "official reviews" that take forever when any fan watching can see the results immediately.

I don't know if the coaching staff actually prepares the team for this commercial TO game "down time" in practice or if they could even somehow prep the players for these numerous TV TOs, but if they could, then it may give that team some advantage over the competition because it doesn't appear that the NCAA/Conferences/teams-on-the-field have much say. Also, I would imagine that this has some effect on whether the fans that have tickets actually show up (or stay) especially when their team has boring performances like we had from last year's EOY offense or inexplicable coaching brain-spasms.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24 View Post
    Early kick again.
    ugh