Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Eagles offense looks worse than our offense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    That was a tough game to watch. Obviously Bradford played terribly but no worse than the o-line or receivers. (I'll excuse Murray as he simply had no chance.)

The situation didn't allow Bradford to get in any rhythm. The receivers dropped the passes that were there to be caught. Often Dallas had pass interference or holding calls whenever a receiver did have a chance to make a play. It resulted in a first down but kept everyone out of sync. (I wonder if that wasn't a plan.) Then Bradford missed a few throws he should have made.

When one player is off, you hope the other players can pick him up. In this case everyone was off and nobody was able to pick anyone else up.

I'm not giving up on the Eagles just yet. Football is a game of momentum. The Eagles could turn this around next week. (Not an Eagles fan but definitely rooting for Bradford and Murray.)
    There are several teams that still look like they are in the preseason - the eagles, the seahawks, and the saints. the question is whether they can get into midseason form before the vets quit.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I think the CBA has hurt, specifically, the NFL Olines..
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    There are several teams that still look like they are in the preseason - the eagles, the seahawks, and the saints. the question is whether they can get into midseason form before the vets quit.
    Yeah, the saints look horrible..

Surprisingly the defense has played ok despite all the injury's, but the offense is just sad. Payton is so predictable and does'nt want to run when we are actually running the ball well.

Oh yeah, lets pass on 3rd and 2..
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Just finished the Jets-Eagles game.. Luckily for Sam, the Jets linebackers have skillet hands.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Just finished the Jets-Eagles game.. Luckily for Sam, the Jets linebackers have skillet hands.
    Unluckily for Sam, the Cowboys lb Lee made a career interception in the endzone.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

That play in itself was awful from the start..and open guy underneath on the mesh play, throws to the only guy covered up in the endzone.
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think the CBA has hurt, specifically, the NFL Olines
    I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I do wish the NFL salary structure was more like the NBA's, but as it is now, a quarterback easily commands $20 million of a $143 million salary cap for a team, about one-seventh... on a team that needs at least 23 players (11 offense, 11 defense and a kicker)

The max deals NBA teams can offer is one-quarter of the salary cap... on a team that needs at least five players.

More and more, teams seem to be throwing money at a few key guys (QBs especially, even mediocre ones like Flacco and Cutler) and throwing scraps at the linemen that are the backbones of every team's offense and defense. Without a line, you can't have success running or throwing (or success stopping either).

vCash

You have 1 of my 2 points..

1. Money on linemen
    2. Practice limits, practice with pads limits etc..
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I would love to see rosters expanded and a "max deal" for a single player as a percentage of total team cap. This would result in more players being able to maximize their short career earnings and more players having careers to begin with.

I am not sure players want to spend more time in practice, in pads and not