Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Eagles offense looks worse than our offense last year.

Sammy looks lost out there. Only 3 points thru 3-1/2 quarters, not sure what he was thinking when he threw that pick in the EZ, center snaps the ball back when no one including the QB is ready causing a fumble. They've had some chances today and blown them all. All that preseason/exhibition-game hype is gone. The Eagle fans are going to quickly get nasty on Chip and probably Sammy. There must be some locker-room dissension/bad chemistry to play that chitty especially against Dallas.
    Chip will probably make a QB change just to try and satisfy the masses. Just a team with absolutely no chemistry, no fire, no urgency and going thru the motions. And now another pick and then Weedeater throws a TD pass to seal it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Eagles offense looks worse than our offense last year.

Absolute trainwreck.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Welp, I vbet on the Iggles because of Sam and DM, even though I've been
    a Cowboy fan since forever...dunno...

vCash

Geeez, that on-sides kick looked like they've never practiced it before or something out of a soccer-scrum. fitting end.
    Aikman's right. Feels like nobody won this one with Romo out, but the Cowboys are 2-0. Nice subtle comeback by Aikman about the Cowboys looking at the waiver wire for a BU QB, and Tebus being mentioned by Buck.
    Welp, I vbet on the Iggles because of Sam and DM, even though I've been
    a Cowboy fan since forever...dunno...
    What was that stat on Demarco? Something like 12 rushes for 22 yards or 22 rushes for 12 yards thru 2 games. I guess Chip is saving him for the playoffs.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 9/20/2015 at 06:50 PM.

Eagle's o line is trash. Doesn't help when they are running practically the same run play almost all game.

vCash

Their O-line is terrible. They can't run block at all and Sam's time is limited. They still have hope this year because all NFC east teams have problems and Kelly can right the ship and get a winning streak going, but it looks pretty grim now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Receivers dropping balls doesn't help.

It also comes down to the fact that they had no preseason since Chip basically sat the starters so now they are still in preseason mode. They have no timing, miscommunication from that. A lot of teams still look like crap (but not Eagles bad) that sat their starters. The owners are the ones that push for the preseason because that TV money, tickets and all goes to them. If they aren't going to use those games for anything more than a back end of the roster player review then they need to get rid of it and just start the season like college does.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Receivers dropping balls doesn't help.

It also comes down to the fact that they had no preseason since Chip basically sat the starters so now they are still in preseason mode. They have no timing, miscommunication from that. A lot of teams still look like crap (but not Eagles bad) that sat their starters. The owners are the ones that push for the preseason because that TV money, tickets and all goes to them. If they aren't going to use those games for anything more than a back end of the roster player review then they need to get rid of it and just start the season like college does.
    Agree about the NFL preseason being about as much as a predictor of the regular season as a college spring game. However, last spring, I thought that the NFL owners wanted to take 2 games away from the preseason and position them in the regular season, which the NFLPA nixed. Don't know the facts, but it seems like I read this somewhere.

In any event, to have 4 weeks of preseason games which, besides perhaps the 1st qtr aren't really worth wasting any time watching or attending, and with 2 or 3 weeks of 24/7 practice and skull sessions of preseason practice, imo, most NFL teams look like crap early this year. Sheesh, if the colleges had that much time to prep for the season as well as 24/7 at the start of the regular season, they'd probably look a lot better coached than all but a couple of these NFL teams.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Not much Demarco can do when he is hit 4 yards behind the LOS. As for Sam, I've never seen a QB have so many dropped balls in the NFL.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Doing some film breakdown of Bradford for a weekend article/radio show.. At some point, he just has to make plays..

What I see so far is Bradford wants to complete every pass behind G-C-G like Brady-Manning..The issue is that you have to be exceptional at reading defenses to play that way and unfortunately he isn't.

Drops yes, pressure yes..But every QB in the league sees pressure and has to make plays.. Some of the worse passes he threw were with clean pockets.
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Every year when I lose at fantasy football it's because I take players that I'd rather see do well than ones that actually will do well. It worked to my advantage with DeMarco Murray last year, but who's my starting quarterback this year?? Sam Bradford. Decent first week, barely got 10 points on that final drive Sunday

Regardless, I wish Sooner alums the best. If I could be guaranteed first pick of them all, I'd make an entire fantasy team of them... but someone else took DeMarco before I could this year

vCash

Here is the underlining issues with him..He wants to make every play behind G-C-G ala Brady and Manning..He left the tackle box twice(sack and scramble). So Pass protection was actually pretty solid for the most part .. To be that kind of QB, you have to be a level 5 wizard at reading defenses and be supremely accurate.. And he isn't showing either..Missed some key opportunities to step up and make the play a bit longer for coverage to breakdown.

The problem with his style is every play must work to near perfection for him to execute..And that's just not the way it works in the NFL. You just can't make every throw in perfect progression.. I would guess that the Eagles must not do a single scramble drill.

He's been at 2 places and the line is the same at both..WRs not getting open and o line.. A QB that won't move up or left-right to extend plays will make WRs and Oline look worse than they are..Not saying they are great, but he isn't helping.
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Soooo... do they have a prayer next week against the Jets, defeaters of Andrew Luck and the Colts on MNF, or are they playing for the No. 1 draft pick next year, whoever that might be, just three weeks into the season

He's been at 2 places and the line is the same at both
    Third time's a charm? I hear da bears need a quarterback

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Here is the underlining issues with him..He wants to make every play behind G-C-G ala Brady and Manning..He left the tackle box twice(sack and scramble). So Pass protection was actually pretty solid for the most part .. To be that kind of QB, you have to be a level 5 wizard at reading defenses and be supremely accurate.. And he isn't showing either..Missed some key opportunities to step up and make the play a bit longer for coverage to breakdown.

The problem with his style is every play must work to near perfection for him to execute..And that's just not the way it works in the NFL. You just can't make every throw in perfect progression.. I would guess that the Eagles must not do a single scramble drill.

He's been at 2 places and the line is the same at both..WRs not getting open and o line.. A QB that won't move up or left-right to extend plays will make WRs and Oline look worse than they are..Not saying they are great, but he isn't helping.
    What I saw was that he started trying to make the ball too perfect after the initial batch of drops (especially that miles austin drop on 3rd down). When he does that he starts staring people down instead of slinging it.

vCash

The interception in the endzone by Sean Lee is a perfect example of that..Had Huff coming across the middle open and at no point took his eyes off of a covered up Ertz.
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Not much Demarco can do when he is hit 4 yards behind the LOS. As for Sam, I've never seen a QB have so many dropped balls in the NFL.
    Didn't they drop passes by Sam a lot(excessive) in St Louis?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I agree about reading the exact same descriptions of the WRs dropping passes and the OL being chitty in St. Louis as it appears it is now in Philly. Hard to believe when all the player press in the preseason was that he throws the most beautiful catch-able ball and was the most accurate QB they'd ever seen. At some point, if Sam wants to remain an NFL starting QB, he's just got find some way to make the plays regardless of the eagles WR/OL situation.

Luckily for Sammy with all that $ he's got bankrolled, he can kiss it off at any time and be an immediate CFB QB coach, or an investment banker and just sit on a beach banging hot babes and earning a %, probably whatever he wants to do..... and maybe that's that's also the problem in that there's no "Lee Trevino type financial urgency" in him to win.
    I personally think fwiw that C Kelly's got this team so wound up in his system that they're not having a lick of fun or playing with any kind of emotion, and he wants his system and not the players to be the star on all the Monday FB talk shows.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 9/22/2015 at 03:57 PM.

(delete this please)
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 9/22/2015 at 04:55 PM.

Yeah he had a number of errant throws, but those drops geez.... They probably would have beaten Atlanta without that tipped pass too. I just wish he had any kind of run game to help him

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

That was a tough game to watch. Obviously Bradford played terribly but no worse than the o-line or receivers. (I'll excuse Murray as he simply had no chance.)

The situation didn't allow Bradford to get in any rhythm. The receivers dropped the passes that were there to be caught. Often Dallas had pass interference or holding calls whenever a receiver did have a chance to make a play. It resulted in a first down but kept everyone out of sync. (I wonder if that wasn't a plan.) Then Bradford missed a few throws he should have made.

When one player is off, you hope the other players can pick him up. In this case everyone was off and nobody was able to pick anyone else up.

I'm not giving up on the Eagles just yet. Football is a game of momentum. The Eagles could turn this around next week. (Not an Eagles fan but definitely rooting for Bradford and Murray.)