SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

WALT DISNEY 2 part biography on PBS

Anyone else watch it? It was 4 hours total. As expected, they tore into him regarding the company artists' strike, and on the production of Song of the South. and that tainted the show IMHO. BUT, the rest of the show was very good I thought. What energy and spirit that guy had! The drive for success, coupled with his creativity and understanding of human behavior was phenomenal, and unsurpassed in my mind.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: WALT DISNEY 2 part biography on PBS

unfortunately the gay community has taken over his company...so sad.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Walt seemed absolutely stunned that the union was trying to tell him what to pay his employees, and rightfully so IMHO. The strike occurred when the company wasn't in good financial shape, and that made it doubly bad and difficult. Walt was shaken. He persevered though, and pulled through and prospered, but never again had the same relationships with his employees that he originally had.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Watched part 1, he was good example of persevering. I'll have to find part 2 online and finish it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by winout View Post
    Watched part 1, he was good example of persevering. I'll have to find part 2 online and finish it.
    It's an excellent show, and he always has been one of the major American icons and hero figures to me. PBS got on their collectivist kick regarding the strike, and oh so politically correct regarding Song of the South, but other than those 2 subjects, the show was very well done.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 9/17/2015 at 12:54 AM.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

So, about all those BS anti-semitism allegations against him...