Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

OU - Tennessee A different perspective

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to watch the game Saturday.

Instead I "got" to sit at my Wife's nephews wedding which started at 5pm Saturday in St. Louis, Mo.

Fortunately with 200 people there I could blend in with my fully charged cell phone and "watch" the game on one of
    those apps that shows a small green field with stripes and scrolls a "play by play" text summary of what that current down and distance is and what happened.

With that as my window to the game, it looked ugly, very ugly for us.

I don't think I saw the Vols start anywhere shy of their 45 yard line and if we weren't inside our 10 yard line when we got the ball, we quickly rectified that with a penalty of some sort. Off sides, holding, chop block, cursing Mother Teresa, whatever it took to ensure we had extra yards to cover for that 1st down we did it.

So the only impression I could draw was that we were seriously stinking up the joint and had to look very inept in doing it.

The vols go up 17 on us early and then it stops. They aren't doing anything anymore. They still continue to start at damn near mid field everytime but nothing. We on the other hand seem to continue the key stone cops routine. Start deep in our own territory then proceed to move the chains backward.

The 4th quarter rolls around and then we managed to wake up and score a touchdown and pull within 7. We get the ball back after a 3 and out by the Vols and move down the field then technology strikes in all it glory and the @#$@#$@% app fails to update any of the plays from the last 2 minutes of the game.

I finally managed to locate something else to give some updates on the game and found out we had tied and it was in overtime and that we had won it! What the hell? How did this seemingly inept bunch of clowns pull this out? Didn't matter I suppose a win is a win but the impression from reading just a play by play wasn't favorable.

So I get back late yesterday and 1st priority is to watch the taped game.

I didn't see what I expected to see. Yeah I knew the outcome obviously so that helped probably, but what I saw was far different than what I expected. Yes we made some mistakes and the o-line isn't very good yet, but our defense is something! Sure they scored some points on us so what. We should have been a grease spot on the expressway given the field position they had everytime they got the ball. Their offense only scoring 17 points is a pretty embarrassing IMO.

They wore out. Their conditioning is crap and our boys were still going hard at the end and in overtime. Great job by that part of our program.

They are a D1 program with a couple of top 5 recruiting classes under their belt. A very good test and though we didn't put our best foot forward on offense until the very end, the defense kept us in the game until we could and that is a good thing.

Given how our defense was late last year this is a huge improvement across the board IMO.

There is still plenty of room for improvements to be made but IMO we are going in the correct direction and best of all, these young men showed depth of character and that it the extra ingredient which separates good teams from the better teams.

Boomer!

Oh, if there are any Seahawks, "haters", here. Apparently Pete Carroll was complaining about a loud raucous wedding party at a downtown St.Louis hotel that kept is players up late with the noise.

Your Welcome.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: OU - Tennessee A different perspective

The 1st 3 qtrs. didn't seem like we could catch a break and the penalties and dropped passes really hurt field position. The 4th qtr was amazing, we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. The look on the Tennessee fans faces after Sanchez picked off that pass was golden. But I'm not gonna gloat...well, not much anyway.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

2 Questions fer ya
    #1 If its yer WIFEs nephew aint it Yers also?
    #2 WGAF whos gettin married, Its OU FOOTBALL, tell em to **** off dip ****s

Well I guess #2 aint really a question
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Oh, if there are any Seahawks, "haters", here. Apparently Pete Carroll was complaining about a loud raucous wedding party at a downtown St.Louis hotel that kept is players up late with the noise.

I live in the Lou so great job. Although, not much of a Rams fan since Bradford left. Everyone in STL hated Sammy anyway so good for him. Not an Eagles fan either, but I sure hope he has one h*ll of a season.
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    2 Questions fer ya
    #1 If its yer WIFEs nephew aint it Yers also?
    #2 WGAF whos gettin married, Its OU FOOTBALL, tell em to **** off dip ****s

Well I guess #2 aint really a question
    Answer to #1. Disowned due to scheduling a wedding at the same time as a Sooner Football game.
    Answer to #2. Happy wife, happy life. I think...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Answer to #1. Disowned due to scheduling a wedding at the same time as a Sooner Football game.
    Answer to #2. Happy wife, happy life. I think...
    Heh.
    Tell her she shoulda been makin ya sammiches while YOU watched the game LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I tell people over and over again. NEVER and I mean, NEVER schedule a wedding, baptism, house warming party (unless TVs are involved), etc on a Saturday in Football Season. Ever! No one will come, lol.

That said, glad you were able to catch part of it there and actually view it after the fact. Great win, lucky win. Don't care, sometimes you gotta be lucky and have a little Sooner Magic on your side

vCash

Yep, you summed it up pretty well. Luckily I added an extra hour on the DVR so I got to see the whole thing again yesterday.

Look, our defense played lights out. I keep looking for ways to say that it was just against a bad offense, but TN’s skill position guys are legit, we saw that even last year. Our linebackers are just great! I don’t know why Butch insisted on keeping his QB as an ineffective passer all day when he should have turned him loose to run more, but I’m glad he did. Maybe it was because we played pretty much straight man coverage all day, and dared him to keep trying to pass. Glad that kid hasn’t developed much as a thrower yet.