vCash

Honor Thy Saturday - Fox Sports commercial with the Boz

This season, nearly 100 college football games are scheduled on FOX Sports’ national and regional networks, and if you miss one, you risk angering the college football gods.

Gridiron legends Brian “The Boz” Bosworth, Eric Dickerson and William “Refrigerator” Perry star as college football gods in FOX Sports’ new ad campaign launching this week. The television spots decree that fans “Honor Thy Saturday” by watching college football games on FS1, risking serious consequences if they don’t.

“These spots, combined with our Opening Drive tour which features a bus dressed in Jim Harbaugh’s khakis, represents the largest college football initiative in our history,” said Robert Gottlieb, FOX Sports Executive Vice President, Marketing. “These television spots, in particular, use the gravitas of some of the most legendary figures in the sport to call attention to the enthusiasm fans have for college football, as well as their rituals and superstitions, and are a fun look at what can happen to fans that are less than devout.”

The television spots featuring Bosworth, Dickerson and Perry, in which they rebuke so-called fans for their disobedience, run on multiple FOX properties, including FOX broadcast network, FS1, FS2, FOX Sports Regional Networks, FX, FOX News and more. The gods are featured in outdoor billboards, including a wall-scape along the I-405 freeway in Los Angeles, and have their own Twitter account, @CFBGodsonFS1, which interacts with fans throughout the season and encourages conversation using the hashtag #HonorThySaturday. Additionally, game telecasts throughout the season on FOX and FS1 feature several Big 12 and Pac-12 players answering the question, “What would you ask the Football Gods?”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Honor Thy Saturday - Fox Sports commercial with the Boz

Epic!!!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder if Mr. Gottlieb will hire anyone with the vaguest clue of how to run cameras or mix video feeds. It'd be an upgrade from years past on Fox.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....outstanding!

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"