Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: We Can Do Better

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Radical Islam has always been there. If it was a small brush pile fire, we did our part to make it a dumpster fire. Take an 18 year old, place him in a country that has the infrastructure blown to bits and then have one of his innocent family members killed by "shock and awe" and it becomes less about a religious sect and more about revenge.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

As a chicken hawk, I wouldn't expect you to believe anything less than "We are America. We are great. It says it on my hat. They will greet us like liberators."
    I think our involvement in the Middle East since WWII has certainly destabilized the political dynamics of that part of the world but let's not forget why the Middle East became so important in the first place....the discovery of oil and the ever increasing demand of said resource by the rest of the world.

But even before the world sought to control this important resource Islam has been a source of instability to both the countries in the region and those outside of the region. The sectarian war between the Shias and the Sunnis has been going on for centuries and when they weren't at each others' throats they were attacking other countires. In fact if not for the Franks defeating the Muslims(Moors) at the Battle of Tours, Europe may well have fallen under the sway of Islam. Thank God(literally) for the Franks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

The point being, Islam is not the religion that stable societies are built on. If the US and the West had not initiated the current unrest with the overthrow of Mossadeq and continuing until the current Iraq/ISIS disaster there would have been some other country or incident that started this whole mess into motion because that's just how Islam rolls which means the region and the countries under the influence of that religion will always be a tinder box.

Personally, I would prefer the US stay out of that quagmire as much as possible and let the ancient shiekdoms fight it out to the death among themselves.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 9/2/2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Jihadism certainly pre-dates the existence of the United States, but jihadism directed at the United States does not. Clearly, I was speaking of the latter. American policies in the mid-east are directly responsible for anti-American sentiment which has destabilized the region and threatened our security. There's no arguing otherwise.
    Anti-American baloney. They rape and kill each other and always have. If it doesn't turn east and stick its butt up in the air five times a day to their liking, they kill it, American or not.

They are gross, backward savages who deserve their perpetually unsettled state of living. If any Western leader had a shred of ball hair left, the whole region would have been turned to glass under a hail of nuclear weaponry decades ago.

Their countries are so sh*tty and their savagery against one another is so fierce that their citizenry is desperately trying to emigrate to Europe, causing a crises there.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I think our involvement in the Middle East since WWII has certainly destabilized the political dynamics of that part of the world but let's not forget why the Middle East became so important in the first place....the discovery of oil and the ever increasing demand of said resource by the rest of the world.

But even before the world sought to control this important resource Islam has been a source of instability to both the countries in the region and those outside of the region. The sectarian war between the Shias and the Sunnis has been going on for centuries and when they weren't at each others' throats they were attacking other countires. In fact if not for the Franks defeating the Muslims(Moors) at the Battle of Tours, Europe may well have fallen under the sway of Islam. Thank God(literally) for the Franks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

The point being, Islam is not the religion that stable societies are built on. If the US and the West had not initiated the current unrest with the overthrow of Mossadeq and continuing until the current Iraq/ISIS disaster there would have been some other country or incident that started this whole mess into motion because that's just how Islam rolls which means the region and the countries under the influence of that religion will always be a tinder box.

Personally, I would prefer the US stay out of that quagmire as much as possible and let the ancient shiekdoms fight it out to the death among themselves.
    Good points. English coloniolism should take a turn at the table as well. Countries like Iraq should have been divided up culturally and not by some map maker in London.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Good points. English coloniolism should take a turn at the table as well. Countries like Iraq should have been divided up culturally and not by some map maker in London.
    Yep, the stupid Brits started most of this current mess then just dropped the bag of flaming dog crap into good ol' Uncle Sam's lap shortly after WWII.

I am not a big fan of the British.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post

Their countries are so sh*tty and their savagery against one another is so fierce that their citizenry is desperately trying to emigrate to Europe, causing a crises there.
    So the peoples of Syria, Libya, and Iraq are fleeing their homelands because they are inherently prone to "savagery". In your mind it has nothing to do with what Western powers unleashed on their nations? Seems reasonable.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    H

So the peoples of Syria, Libya, and Iraq are fleeing their homelands because they are inherently prone to "savagery". In your mind it has nothing to do with what Western powers unleashed on their nations? Seems reasonable.
    The ideological inconsistency of believing government can do no right at home and no wrong abroad never ceases to amaze me. The fact that people can honestly make these arguments astounds me. Government is even more inept, ham fisted, and evil abroad as it is at home. Our actions have consequences. Denying there are consequences for our actions is an argument an 8 year old would make. One of the most important contributing factors to our Revolution was the presence of British 'boots on the ground' in our streets and our homes. In the mid-east, we are foreign boots on their ground and in their homes. They're going to resist it every bit as much as we resisted it in 1775.

Surprise, surprise...manipulating mid-east governments, toppling regimes (covertly or otherwise), placing troops on their soil, busting down their doors with squads of marines, the death of civilians (whether intentional or not), bombings, cruise missile attacks, etc. does not lead to pro-American good will type sentiment.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    The ideological inconsistency of believing government can do no right at home and no wrong abroad never ceases to amaze me. The fact that people can honestly make these arguments astounds me. Government is even more inept, ham fisted, and evil abroad as it is at home. Our actions have consequences. Denying there are consequences for our actions is an argument an 8 year old would make. One of the most important contributing factors to our Revolution was the presence of British 'boots on the ground' in our streets and our homes. In the mid-east, we are foreign boots on their ground and in their homes. They're going to resist it every bit as much as we resisted it in 1775.

Surprise, surprise...manipulating mid-east governments, toppling regimes (covertly or otherwise), placing troops on their soil, busting down their doors with squads of marines, the death of civilians (whether intentional or not), bombings, cruise missile attacks, etc. does not lead to pro-American good will type sentiment.
    Think about a 17 year old british colonist who lost a sister to a british army shelling. That 17 year old boy would lose all sense of rationalism and fight those that killed his innocent family members, those boots on the ground.

"Shock and awe". I was a W. supporter from 9/11 forward. When Rumsfeld said that I got the look my pug gets when I whistle/hum. The lack of any understanding that the actions that they took in "revenge" would have consequences long into the future is really hurting us now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    H

Yes. That is exactly right. If their countries weren't such sh*tholes with government who could not give less of a crap about them, groups like ISIS wouldn't spring up and drive them out.

On the whole, these people are ignorant as f*ck. They allow the most ignorant among them to arm up and terrorize them while their governments/dictatorships stand by and watch it all unfold.

They get what they deserve. They are wholly unable to govern or protect themselves. And, so, there they are, scattering like the cockroaches they are into Europe...where their kids will bomb, rape, cut off heads, kill their own daughters, etc. just as they do everywhere they go.

Islam a sick "religion" full of vile savages.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Yes. That is exactly right. If their countries weren't such sh*tholes with government who could not give less of a crap about them, groups like ISIS wouldn't spring up and drive them out.

On the whole, these people are ignorant as f*ck. They allow the most ignorant among them to arm up and terrorize them while their governments/dictatorships stand by and watch it all unfold.

They get what they deserve. They are wholly unable to govern or protect themselves. And, so, there they are, scattering like the cockroaches they are into Europe...where their kids will bomb, rape, cut off heads, kill their own daughters, etc. just as they do everywhere they go.

Islam a sick "religion" full of vile savages.
    I like your platform Mr. Trump.

I was gonna go with a Dick Cheney reference but this seemed more timely.

vCash

Think about a 17 year old british colonist who lost a sister to a british army shelling. That 17 year old boy would lose all sense of rationalism and fight those that killed his innocent family members, those boots on the ground.

"Shock and awe". I was a W. supporter from 9/11 forward. When Rumsfeld said that I got the look my pug gets when I whistle/hum. The lack of any understanding that the actions that they took in "revenge" would have consequences long into the future is really hurting us now.
    Bullsh*t. The problem is, unlike a South Korea, or any number of other countries we saved or freed during WWI and WWII, these people are too stupid to govern themselves because they give their fate to these ignorant as f*ck islamic leaders at their mosques.

The lesson of Iraq is that the islamic masses are too stupid to know what to do with the freedom you give them. As for Syria, it was long ago established that their dictator couldn't give less of of a f*ck about his own citizenry.

vCash

Bullsh*t. The problem is, unlike a South Korea, or any number of other countries we saved or freed during WWI and WWII, these people are too stupid to govern themselves because they give their fate to these ignorant as f*ck islamic leaders at their mosques.

The lesson of Iraq is that the islamic masses are too stupid to know what to do with the freedom you give them. As for Syria, it was long ago established that their dictator couldn't give less of of a f*ck about his own citizenry.
    Or, it might be that we still have a presence in Japan, Germany and South Korea...

vCash

I think you're ignoring what we've learned from some captured "jihadis".

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Talk about needing to read a history book or two, geez.

vCash

I think you're ignoring what we've learned from some captured "jihadis".
    Yes, because I'm not to be naive enough to believe that Near and Middle East were peaceful until 2003. The buggers of islam will use any excuse they can to kill each other over the way one faction or another worship the underage boy screwing mohammed.

If their countries were so f'ing great, why do they want to go to Europe? Canada? America? Why do they try so hard to get into our universities and not the other way around?

Stupid, dirt breathing inbreeds.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, because I'm not to be naive enough to believe that Near and Middle East were peaceful until 2003. The buggers of islam will use any excuse they can to kill each other over the way one faction or another worship the underage boy screwing mohammed.

If their countries were so f'ing great, why do they want to go to Europe? Canada? America? Why do they try so hard to get into our universities and not the other way around?

Stupid, dirt breathing inbreeds.
    I sorta wish some people (you) could have been born on the other side of an imaginary line drawn on a map. I imagine this would change their perspective and opinion pretty quickly.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    I sorta wish some people (you) could have been born on the other side of an imaginary line drawn on a map. I imagine this would change their perspective and opinion pretty quickly.
    SO, if only I'd been born in an islamic country, I'd understand and better accept the raping of young boys, female genital mutilation, cutting off hands for theft, killing for adultery, not allowing women to attend school, beheading people, murdering of daughters, burning alive other muslims in cages if they don't agree with me, etc.?

Yeah, sure. Keep wishing. Be thankful you weren't born into such trash because that's all it is.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

SO, if only I'd been born in an islamic country, I'd understand and better accept the raping of young boys, female genital mutilation, cutting off hands for theft, killing for adultery, not allowing women to attend school, beheading people, murdering of daughters, burning alive other muslims in cages if they don't agree with me, etc.?

Yeah, sure. Keep wishing. Be thankful you weren't born into such trash because that's all it is.
    Amazing that those who go after Christians so aggressively don't seem to deliver anywhere near that aggression towards Islam, the real perpetrator of terror in the 21st century.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Not necessarily. More likely you would understand wanting to get across the line and away from the fundamentalist Islamic mofos.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!