Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Landthief 1972's Avatar
    vCash

Kirk Heirbstreit is awfully high on the Sooners...

http://newsok.com/kirk-herbstreit-ha...-dynamic-email

Every year, ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit hands out preseason awards called Herbie Awards. This year, he's picking OU to win the Big 12 ... and the College Football Playoff.
    Certainly, without a doubt, this is my signature, and I wrote it in a great way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Kirk Heirbstreit is awfully high on the Sooners...

I was just about to post this... He also picked Ohio state to repeat no surprise. I mean he's a homer but it does hold weight with them repeating. Him saying we will win the conference and go to the playoff takes us from under the radar. I don't like it. When we aren't supposed to be "world beaters" we usually are. That doesn't make us underrated now that he announced this.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

We are still underrated. I'm glad somebody believes--most of you guys expect us to lose 4-5 games.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm cautiously optimistic. Last season we had too many breakdowns to just forget, but I'm trying!

I sure hope he's right! Booomer!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OU always has the talent, but what I saw last year were quitters. When the stars went down no one else came up to the plate. I know Shepard and Perine were special, but someone should have shown extra effort!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Last season we had too many breakdowns to just forget, but I'm trying!

Last season, we also had a very veteran offensive line with four seniors. It was wasted by poor quarterbacking and the lack of any receiver not named Sterling Shepherd being able to step up at game time.

(Tight end? E.T. phone home?)

I expect us to be a very Texas Tech/West Virginia-like seven to nine wins and another off-brand bowl game. Waiting for the athletic department to officially add black to the uniform to look as much like Tech as we act like them. Just sitting at the edge of my seating expecting a gray or black OU helmet to appear in the not so distant future at this point.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    OU always has the talent, but what I saw last year were quitters. When the stars went down no one else came up to the plate. I know Shepard and Perine were special, but someone should have shown extra effort!
    THIS! And, this goes to coaching and leadership.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaSooner View Post
    We are still underrated. I'm glad somebody believes--most of you guys expect us to lose 4-5 games.
    I expect to win 10 if not 11 games. TCU and maybe OSO is all I'm worried about
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Last season, we also had a very veteran offensive line with four seniors. It was wasted by poor quarterbacking and the lack of any receiver not named Sterling Shepherd being able to step up at game time.

(Tight end? E.T. phone home?)

I expect us to be a very Texas Tech/West Virginia-like seven to nine wins and another off-brand bowl game. Waiting for the athletic department to officially add black to the uniform to look as much like Tech as we act like them. Just sitting at the edge of my seating expecting a gray or black OU helmet to appear in the not so distant future at this point.
    Thanks for emphasizing the TE. I've been so distraught these last few years by us not using the TE as a weapon besides blocking. I think with Riley's new system the offense will get back to exploiting defenses with that now. We do have a potential stud at TE now too.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

.....I wonder since he and Stoops are friends that he's not getting a little info or insight into the thoughts or pulse of Stoops regarding the makeup and ability of this squad....maybe Bob has that 2000 feeling again

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

Screw it I put money on US to win it all at 35 to 1 odds
    Im still happy with that Bet!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post

I still have nightmares of the bu game.....8 yard button ....8 yard button...8 yard button...TD
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bleh. I got my hopes up last year. This year I expect nothing.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

I've watched some of the replays of last year's losses. We were close several times, but one consistent failure was the secondary. This is a bigger question to me than the quarterback. Will the defense give up either the short 5-8 yard pass or the 50 yard TD with an awful consistency or is that fixed?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Icaught just the tail end of ESPN's Big 10 preview.At the end of the show they picked their FINAL FOUR. I swear I heard one of them say Oklahoma... but I could have misheard.
    Last edited by stoopified; 8/28/2015 at 06:09 PM.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member