Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveousiu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    You have 14 posts here, so I guess I don't expect you to know this: I've been posting here for many many many years. I posted here for two reasons 1)I liked this board a lot better than the Baylor board when I started posting and 2)I happen to actually be an OU fan (secondary to and never at the expense of Baylor, obviously).

Now, as for Baylor related posts....here is my long-time policy:

1)On the Baylor board, I never bash OU. Ever.
    2)At SF, I very very rarely start Baylor related threads. When I do start a Baylor thread, it's almost always because it's noteworthy in the general realm of college football. Why? Because I generally take it for granted that college football fans like to know things about other teams or news related to...uh...college football. Every now and then some bozo bitches about this. I find this astounding since fan boards routinely have threads about things happening with other teams and/or rivals. If I were flooding the football page with Baylor threads then this would be different, but I absolutely do not. The total number of Baylor threads I start around here is something like 3-4 a year -- a year.
    3)I will, however, comment if someone else brings Baylor up. I defend Baylor because I went to Baylor...I love Baylor...I'm a Baylor fan. If I have gripes about Baylor, I save those gripes for the Baylor board outside of general performance related criticisms. I don't bitch about Baylor outside of Baylor. But complaining because I comment on a thread about Baylor, as a Baylor fan, is just ludicrously ridiculous.
    SicEm just because a person only has 14 posts doesn't mean much other than he or she may be busy working. I'm not here to get into a pissing contest with you nor have I questioned you ability to understand something simply because you haven't reached a specific amount of posts that I guess would show your loyalty to a program??? I simply asked a question, I am glad you are an OU fan Great - don't much care if you are a Baylor fan or even a Baylor graduate - I simply asked a question. But you don't need to take a defensive posture, simply answer the question. But the more I think about it, I guess now I really don't care why you elect to come to this board, and promise not to give it another thought!
    Sicem has been posting on this board for as long as I can remember. Around a decade? He was more tolerable when Baylor sucked, but whatever. He's reasonably sane.

It's threads like this one that turned this board into a graveyard. Dean, vet and some others sucked the life out of this board by making it less about football and more about their egos. It's a damned shame. This board used to be awesome. We had loads of clever, funny, and knowledgable posters. Hell, at least Sicem wasn't a part of the mass exodus. Everyone else left.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sicem You just lost any respect I had left for you!

We live in the latter days of the law.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    We live in the latter days of the law.
    Unfortunately. Still time to turn it around peacefully, but it's becoming less likely as time passes.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee View Post
    Sicem has been posting on this board for as long as I can remember. Around a decade? He was more tolerable when Baylor sucked, but whatever. He's reasonably sane.

It's threads like this one that turned this board into a graveyard. Dean, vet and some others sucked the life out of this board by making it less about football and more about their egos. It's a damned shame. This board used to be awesome. We had loads of clever, funny, and knowledgable posters. Hell, at least Sicem wasn't a part of the mass exodus. Everyone else left.
    Amen! Long live the Kasey Studdard Thread days! Long gone.

At least Sic 'Em made it interesting enough to come back from time to time.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Never said I wanted him gone, Simply said I no longer respect him even a Little. Its that simple. Yall carry on.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Unfortunate amounts of truth here. This place ain't what it used to be.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

you are wrong there, the only reason I even visit this place anymore is because of people like Dean and Vet. It wasnt them that turned this place into the graveyard it is. There were a handful of other, more important factors
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    This place ain't what it used to be.
    Aint that the truth
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

[QUOTE)Further, if the concensus is for me to go then I can certainly do that.

See ya...And take those stupid looking uniform posts of Baylor with you...And

BOOMER SOONER

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Unfortunate amounts of truth here. This place ain't what it used to be.
    My highpoint here was watching the dancing Mr. Clean.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

This place ain't what it used to be.
    Aint that the truth
    A few things changed --- OU football used to be a preseason top 5 regular (and late season BCS contender), and both we and our conference competition have taken a strong downturn.

And yes, some people have moved on from SF.com. There's no longer a tailgate before games, there's a lot less offseason banter, and there's also other options out there other than OU Insider in LT and OU Hoops.

It is what it is.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Mercy! I read his post. It wasn't that inflammatory to me. That's the problem with facebook. We often get too familiar with the views and lives of strangers.

Facebook has a great function called unfollow. It's great for me. If someone gets me too irritated, I unfriend them, my blood pressure drops, and I go catch a fish. Life is too short to worry about such little things.

You two need a Dr. Pepper summit.

vCash

And the demise of "Delete Me".
    Don't forget that hammer blow.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Hugs for everyone! Come up to Utah, and I'll take you fly fishing! It's almost cheaper than therapy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    [QUOTE)Further, if the concensus is for me to go then I can certainly do that.

See ya...And take those stupid looking uniform posts of Baylor with you...And

BOOMER SOONER
    To be fair here, I said concensus.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhubs View Post
    Hugs for everyone! Come up to Utah, and I'll take you fly fishing! It's almost cheaper than therapy.
    I'm not into the fly fishing, but I'd like to kayak in Idaho. I hear there are some pretty good streams.

vCash

Didn't know you boated. If you ever get the urge to go do Alaska let me know. I've still got friends up there who do

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Didn't know you boated. If you ever get the urge to go do Alaska let me know. I've still got friends up there who do
    I'd love to have a place up in Alaska. Beautiful country up there. However, I really can't handle even moderately cool weather much less an Alaskan winter. Summers up there would be great, but you can bet I'll be home before the first leaves start falling from the trees!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhubs View Post
    Ever fished Flaming Gorge for the monster brown trout? Are there still any of them left?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

I don't like clogging up threads with "this", but this definitely deserves a "THIS". This MB had a lot of very funny, intelligent people, that were driven away by Deans childish behavior. He would ban people who dared criticized any aspects of the program, while at the same time bragged about stories about holding rifles to people's heads threatening to kill them for being minorly annoying.

As much as sic em annoys me, I have to defend him here. To me, vet threw a tamper tantrum because he was unfriended on facebook, and wanted to start a thread about, barely masking it as righteous indignation.

IMHO, the mods should have locked this thread up days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.