Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What is Baylor's answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lol..dude chill....as you said it's just football.

Personally I've NEVER acted high and mighty when it came to OU and questionable players. FWIW I never thought we should have NOT taken DGB or DGB..whatever his name was. As far as Mixon, yeah that was a hard one as well....Shannon...another.

I said that about bu not because of a few fans...because the university is a religous one that I would imagine has "higher standards for student conduct" than any public one. Sic is on here making sure his dear bears are treated fairly.

I personally don't GAS about what bu does. I would prefer that OU keep a straight line. I also and very aware college football, especially at OU is a multi-million dollar business. I agree, the players got a pi$$y about the frat crap but stood by Mixon and DGB, that was a joke.

Anyways...chill man...it's football season.
    Sic 'Em is harmless. Give me 1,000 Sic 'Ems over the kind of beaver plankton that infest the Aggy ship.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Sic 'Em is harmless. Give me 1,000 Sic 'Ems over the kind of beaver plankton that infest the Aggy ship.
    I like pokin him till he gets his panties in a wad, Its cute when he throws his little temper fits LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

All you really have to do is:
    1. Suggest that Thomas Jefferson was a better theorist than practical politician.
    2. Remind him that, as much noise as was made about states rights, at the end of the day, the Civil War really WAS mostly about slavery.
    3. Bring up the circumstances of Baylor's admission to the Big 12.

That pretty much lights the roman candle.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    All you really have to do is:
    1. Suggest that Thomas Jefferson was a better theorist than practical politician.
    2. Remind him that, as much noise as was made about states rights, at the end of the day, the Civil War really WAS mostly about slavery.
    3. Bring up the circumstances of Baylor's admission to the Big 12.
    4.Stae that Lincoln was the best President ever
    That pretty much lights the roman candle.
    fixed it fer ya Bro
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Gah! How could I forget?!
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

And, show me where Stoops admits he was wrong for taking on DGB. Has he ever said he was wrong for not kicking off Mixon?

Of course not. Stoops is no better morally than Briles. Both are going to do whatever it takes to protect their bank accounts - and, that means getting players, regardless of background, who will win.

For pete's sake, even Saint Tom Osborne resorted to the same type of morality near the end of his tenure with Lawrence Phillips. These coaches, they get eaten up with their sense of importance.

Joe Paterno shilled for a child molester for decades.

But, again, as I've said before - the universities were here long before any of the coaches, and they'll be here long after the coaches are gone. Their importance only goes so far as the next major arrest and embarrassment to the "brand" they all breath hot air about these days.

Buffoons.
    Please don't forget to hand out some credit for OU's reputation in this area to Boren. Stoops doesn't take a dump without Boren's permission.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Please don't forget to hand out some credit for OU's reputation in this area to Boren. Stoops doesn't take a dump without Boren's permission.
    Oh, believe me, Boren won't be forgotten. In fact, I think the faculty and regents will hold him more responsible if the video ever comes out. He purports to be such a crusader for women and minorities.

Once everyone sees that Mixon's incident was on par with Ray Rice's, the sh*t will for sure hit the fan for Boren, and worse than for Stoops...who will simply be discounted as another dumb football coach who cares more about winning to keep his multimillioin dollar contract intact.

What is most disappointing about Boren, Castiglione, and Stoops is that they all have daughters, watched the video, then did nothing except give Mixon a redshirt year.

Real tough punishment.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Oh, believe me, Boren won't be forgotten. In fact, I think the faculty and regents will hold him more responsible if the video ever comes out. He purports to be such a crusader for women and minorities.

Once everyone sees that Mixon's incident was on par with Ray Rice's, the sh*t will for sure hit the fan for Boren, and worse than for Stoops...who will simply be discounted as another dumb football coach who cares more about winning to keep his multimillioin dollar contract intact.

What is most disappointing about Boren, Castiglione, and Stoops is that they all have daughters, watched the video, then did nothing except give Mixon a redshirt year.

Real tough punishment.
    I think you over estimate the average fan. I know LT is on the raw side, but it must have like 1000x more posters/readers than this site. The general theme there was that Boren is the debil for punishing Mixon any tougher than missing the first half of the first cupcake game last year. And he is also the one that personally crucified Shannon and must have forced every member of the title IX committee to implement his evil purpose. But on the flip side, it's proven that fans (or just the public in general) can be very fickle. We all know what the Mixon video will look like. We even have graphic reports from the media people that saw it. But if there is anything the Rice video proved is that knowing and seeing are 2 different things, so I guess the wind could shift on Boren if the video ever comes out.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I think you over estimate the average fan. I know LT is on the raw side, but it must have like 1000x more posters/readers than this site. The general theme there was that Boren is the debil for punishing Mixon any tougher than missing the first half of the first cupcake game last year. And he is also the one that personally crucified Shannon and must have forced every member of the title IX committee to implement his evil purpose. But on the flip side, it's proven that fans (or just the public in general) can be very fickle. We all know what the Mixon video will look like. We even have graphic reports from the media people that saw it. But if there is anything the Rice video proved is that knowing and seeing are 2 different things, so I guess the wind could shift on Boren if the video ever comes out.
    If and when the video comes out, it will be more like a hurricane than a wind. Each incident that occurs around the country brings more indignation about the universities and their athletic departments letting this kind of stuff occur, then either trying to cover it up or excuse it.

That's why it would have been better to have let it come out last year, dealt with it, and got it behind. As it stands now, if it comes out, it will be a nightmare because Boren, Stoops, and all will be accused of covering it up because they know how violent it is. Because it was not dealt with fully last year, it will always be a threat to come out.

It's not good either way. Leadership by gamble.

vCash

If and when the video comes out, it will be more like a hurricane than a wind. Each incident that occurs around the country brings more indignation about the universities and their athletic departments letting this kind of stuff occur, then either trying to cover it up or excuse it.

That's why it would have been better to have let it come out last year, dealt with it, and got it behind. As it stands now, if it comes out, it will be a nightmare because Boren, Stoops, and all will be accused of covering it up because they know how violent it is. Because it was not dealt with fully last year, it will always be a threat to come out.

It's not good either way. Leadership by gamble.
    You could be right, but you must admit it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Boren. But I guess that comes with the big title and pay check.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    You could be right, but you must admit it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Boren. But I guess that comes with the big title and pay check.
    How would he have been damned for doing the right thing? FSU wasn't damned when the cut loose De'Andre Johnson. They were damned for hanging on to Jameis Winston.

He gambled. And, unfortunately, the climate for this type of thing hasn't gotten better, it's gotten worse. It'll be bad for Boren if it gets out.

vCash

How would he have been damned for doing the right thing? FSU wasn't damned when the cut loose De'Andre Johnson. They were damned for hanging on to Jameis Winston.

He gambled. And, unfortunately, the climate for this type of thing hasn't gotten better, it's gotten worse. It'll be bad for Boren if it gets out.
    I'm talking about the fan base. Many on LT were ready to get the pitch forks and light the torches for Boren because he imposed any punishment on Mixon. They would have gone ballistic had he been kicked off the team and I'm sure Boren would have felt real pressure from it - not just venting on message boards. Same thing would have happened at FSU had they cut Winston loose (not clear De'Andre Johnson would have ever been a starter, so not the situation with the fans). I agree had Boren cut Mixon loose, it would have blown over by now. EDIT - to be clear, I'm just saying that your definition of "the right thing" in this case is not universally shared. If you just include OU football fans, you're probably in the minority.
    Last edited by BoulderSooner79; 8/25/2015 at 06:21 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

WE are pointing fingers at schools for taking dirty players?

This must be a joke. Stoops spent all of 2014's offseason and the first part of the season trying to get Mizzou's woman beater qualified. Gave a six month long "year" suspension to Mixon for breaking a girl's face.

Give me a break. Perhaps you are just jealous that Baylor is now playing the game of getting dirty players...and, now beating Stoops to them.
    Wanna compare lists of violent people at OU and at baylor?

Seriously, since Briles showed up at Baylor, Baylor has had the dirtiest program. Not to mention the $$$ bags being passed around in Waco for all major sports.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Wanna compare lists of violent people at OU and at baylor?

Seriously, since Briles showed up at Baylor, Baylor has had the dirtiest program. Not to mention the $$$ bags being passed around in Waco for all major sports.
    Where do you want to start? Jerry Parks? Nigel Clay, Bernard Hall, Glenn Bell? Bennie Butler whipping Demond Parker's ***? Dusty Dvoracek beating a friend, or being accused of sexual assault and getting into a fight at a night club in Addison?

It's up to you. I've covered the 80s, 90s, 00s. DGB, Shannon, and Mixon ring in for the 10s. I'd like to see Baylor try to match our four decade record of violent players.

Here's Dvoracek after his 2010 arrest for public intoxication and being involved in yet another bar fight...years after the courtesy rehab Stoops gave him after the three incidents as a player. Don't know whether Dusty had begun his stint as sideline reporter yet. Not sure how many arrests it would take for OU to fire him from that gig. Anyone have any idea?

Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 8/26/2015 at 04:46 PM.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....."It's up to you. I've covered the 80s, 90s, 00s. DGB, Shannon, and Mixon ring in for the 10s. I'd like to see Baylor try to match our four decade record of violent players." tdtw

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

....after some interesting searches online for criminal college athletes, I was amazed at how pervasive the issue is throughout the country and touching virtually every program, every type of crime and every era....It was obvious from the start that given the volumes of articles, I would be unable and unwilling to commit the time necessary to read the laundry list of rap sheets and infractions of each and every character involved unless I was doing thesis work.....the variables were the complicity of individual head coaches and or coaching staffs of each school and to the length and degree each was willing to risk for the opportunity to win

....the much ballyhooed Charles Thompson SI cover was not so much an indictment against OU as it was an easy target....convenient....the Sooner plight was not the anomaly it was portrayed but a snapshot of college campuses across the country and highlighted a sports culture fans rarely knew existed....Switzer and the Sooners would sell magazines

.....to my knowledge, Joe Mixon did not enter the Sooner program with a history or checkered past, nor toting the criminal baggage many of these transfers from program to program that he is often compared to do....a year long ban from the football program is not a '6 mo sentence'
    ......DGB operated and adhered to the parameters and restrictions required by the administration and football program to be a part of a team and to afford him the opportunity to correct the path and direction of his life
    .......Frank Shannon in turn was afforded and has so far, successfully taken the opportunity to turn the page and begin a brighter chapter in his life

.....although Pat Jones likes to publicly mock and indict coaches with the sinister side of an agenda of ill-gotten success and gain by ridiculing 'Father Flannigan' tendencies, there are coaches out there who are sincere, because you cannot be a coach at any level without the hope of affecting growth and success in individuals...but many pay the price with their careers because of the failures of theses individuals and those who take advantage of their benefactors and opportunity

ss
    Last edited by Therealsouthsider; 8/29/2015 at 04:01 PM.
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Boren is a toad. I am a former member of the Pride of Oklahoma, and I was directly involved in the recent effort to remove the unqualified band director who Boren, Weitzenhoffer and Co. had violated university regulations and ignored their own list of employment qualifications in order to hire. Boren lied his tail off to the media when he said that the current director was brought in during homecoming as a prelude to his being hired. The fact of the matter was that an all-out alumni boycott of the Alumni Band for the Homecoming game was well under way, and he asked Brian Britt to come in to try to soften our stance. He also knew about, and endorsed, the gag order imposed on Pride members in the Code of Conduct that they all had to sign when joining. He also threatened them with expulsion from the university if they dared to say anything negative about the director or the band program. Boren acting aghast at the gag order was just that - acting.

The man needs to go, sooner rather than later.