Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

What is Baylor's answer to this?

Posted on the Scout Big 12 Conference forum. Moderators- delete this if it has been posted.

Fact: Sam was dismissed from the BSU football team...and no he wasn't dismissed for depression...so stop pretending you don't know why he was dismissed

Fact: BU was informed of the rape, and did a poor job investigating it

Fact: Hospital test show sign of rape

Fact: BU reduced victims scholarship, while rapist was still getting a free ride

Fact: Victim was subject to attending school with her rapist, due to BU's poor investigation either purposefully or by ineptitude.

Fact: Rapist was attending school on football scholarship, regardless of whether he practiced or not, he would not be there if not for football.

Fact: Either Briles knew about Sams reason for dismissal or he accepted a transfer without asking for a reason and was purposefully ignorant to it. ( what coach would not want to know why a all american player was dismissed from a team?)

More Facts

Fact: Baylor sought the transfer of Mike Orakpo, after being dismissed from colorado state after driving around in an SUV and yelling obscenities at two freshman students, then stopping and beating them bloody. Also a police investigation found drugs and steroids in his apartment.

Fact: Baylor sought the transfer of Darryl Stonum after being dismissed by Michigan after 3 run ins with the law, Stonum is now facing prison time, charged with violence against his girlfriend, including an incident while in Waco. Stonum had been arrested twice for DUI before transferring to BU, he had also broken his probation.

Fact: Baylor sought the transfer of Shawn Oakman after being dismissed from Penn State, after several violation of team rules, and shoplifting, and violence against the cashier.

Fact: Tevin Elliot sexually assaulted atleast five students while at Baylor and finally was arrested and sentenced to 20 years.....Briles called Elliott a sweet young man who was a good football player and deserved a second chance.

That's at least 9 sexual assaults or assaults against women by Baylor football players since 2010....NINE

Here comes TJ to show a list of arrests per school...which by the way doesn't take into account arrests prior to transfer.

More

Fact: Josh Gordon, WR – arrested by police after being found stoned and asleep in the Taco Bell drive-thru at 3:30 am on Wed night prior to game with Tech. Briles played Gordon against Tech (but held him out of warm ups and Baylor's first drive as punishment) and said he was sticking by him because he was his kind of player. Gordon eventually left the Baylor program because of his third arrest for drugs in Waco, transferred to Utah where he never played because of failing another drug test and ended up at San Diego State. However, Baylor claims Gordon as one of the players it has put in the NFL. Gordon was suspended from the Cleveland Browns for a year for failing yet another drug test.

Fact: Ahmad Dixon, DB – Dixon was represented by a street agent during his recruitment and surprisingly decommitted from Texas to sign with Baylor, the first 4-star player to sign with Baylor during their streak of winless seasons. Dixon was arrested for criminal assault last last September during the season. According to the Waco Police Department, the 21-year-old male victim arrived at an apartment where Dixon and his friends were playing video games on the night of Sept. 16. Dixon became angry and began to assault the victim, punching him numerous times in his face and head causing pain and injury and a possible concussion. The victim waited until the next day to report the assault after Dixon made threats to the victim and victim‘s family . Waco police arrested Dixon who was subsequently bonded out of McLennan County Jail. Briles continued to play Dixon during every game that season because he was not actually incarcerated at the time of the games.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: What is Baylor's answer to this?

....seems like Baylor has quite the sheriff running their little town

ss
    Last edited by Therealsouthsider; 8/24/2015 at 12:12 AM.
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Baylor Fans need not worry. Nothing here that a larger broom and rug can't solve.

vCash

Sicem be here before long a foaming at the mouth to straighten out Yalls thinkin on this LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Any of this surprising?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

WE are pointing fingers at schools for taking dirty players?

This must be a joke. Stoops spent all of 2014's offseason and the first part of the season trying to get Mizzou's woman beater qualified. Gave a six month long "year" suspension to Mixon for breaking a girl's face.

Give me a break. Perhaps you are just jealous that Baylor is now playing the game of getting dirty players...and, now beating Stoops to them.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post

This must be a joke. Stoops spent all of 2014's offseason and the first part of the season trying to get Mizzou's woman beater qualified. Gave a six month long "year" suspension to Mixon for breaking a girl's face.

Give me a break. Perhaps you are just jealous that Baylor is now playing the game of getting dirty players...and, now beating Stoops to them.
    Nevermind...other media sources are already pointing out our propensity to keep and/or pursue law breakers. Seems we are near the top of the list in doing so, under Stoops:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....ve-years.html/

http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/08/...riles-not.html

Hmmm. The leader of the pack in pursing criminals is Washington State. A&M also in the Top 5. Of the top five schools, two have former Stoops assistants, then we come in fifth.

Great mentoring.

Boy, Kentucky and Kansas also in the Top 25...but, not getting much bang for their buck.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hey Tear,
    Kick Rocks.
    Signed,
    Everyone
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Hey Tear,
    Kick Rocks.
    Signed,
    Everyone
    Don't ever speak for me again.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Hey Tear,
    Kick Rocks.
    Signed,
    Everyone
    Yeah, sure. Hypocrites rarely like being caught being hypocritical.

At any rate, from August 2010 until today, we still outnumber Baylor 21-7 in player arrests. Briles is just trying to catch up as much off the field as he has on the field.

In yet another knock against Leach, his school leads the country in arrests, but it still does him no good. It doesn't matter whether criminals or law-abiding students run his high school offense, it just doesn't work out for him in the win column.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Hypocrites rarely like being caught being hypocritical
    Baylor has a new stadium to fill. Tarping the endzones just won't do for BU anymore. They cannot offer the tradition that other Big 12 programs can. They cannot offer the academics other Texas programs can. They cannot offer the pristine, top facilities and coaching that other Big 12 and Texas programs can.

So, they appear to be cutting corners to get better talent. And for awhile, it sounded like the Waco authorities was trying to help cover this up.

Now, I am not trying to be judgmental here, because I know OU is not without flaws, both historically and recently. I know we made that top 25 player arrest list that college spun or someone else did in the past week, etc etc. I was not a fan of us bringing in DGB just because we were so thin at receiver.

I also know that football players are more important to universities than other student-athletes and other students and are giving a lot more benefit of the doubt, leverage and everything else in bad situations.

However, Baylor no longer gets to be "better" than anyone else in this regard. They are just another football crazed school that does not have any lofty standards as far as character goes. Too bad, because it sure is a nice thing to fall back on when you're bad at football.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I've always never pointed fingers...OU's past isn't squeaky clean...BUT I will say baylor acts all high and mighty...and briles won't just admit it. That's my beef with it all....if I actually GAS.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Really? We don't act all "high and mighty?"

Perhaps you missed all of our black football players marching after a bus full of frat faggots sang "n*gger" one night? These same football players who stand shoulder to shoulder with Mixon and Shannon? Stood shoulder to shoulder with DGB last year?

Our coaches and president haven't been on air talking about what good citizens our abusing/assaulting football players are now?

Give me a break. It's just football. Our peabrained fans act just as high and mighty about our accused players as any other school's peabrained fans - we just seem to have more practice at it.

We've never, in our history, volunteered to hand back any awards or wins for using players known to be on the wrong side of the law. Occasionally, the NCAA has given their "yawn" punishment of taking wins away from their official "records." Ouch. Boy, that sure hurts, NCAA. Please, please don't do it again.

If you want to root for a school with no infractions, I think there are maybe five left who have never been in much trouble - North Texas, Rice, Eastern Michigan...and a couple of others along those lines.

So, Baylor got busted with a criminal. So, what? Join the crowd. It's what major colleges do. It's that "second chance" all these coaches are willing to give because it's not their own daughters who are victims. Real stand up guys, these coaches and administrators.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I've always never pointed fingers...OU's past isn't squeaky clean...BUT I will say baylor acts all high and mighty...and briles won't just admit it. That's my beef with it all....if I actually GAS.
    Bingo.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    And, show me where Stoops admits he was wrong for taking on DGB. Has he ever said he was wrong for not kicking off Mixon?

Of course not. Stoops is no better morally than Briles. Both are going to do whatever it takes to protect their bank accounts - and, that means getting players, regardless of background, who will win.

For pete's sake, even Saint Tom Osborne resorted to the same type of morality near the end of his tenure with Lawrence Phillips. These coaches, they get eaten up with their sense of importance.

Joe Paterno shilled for a child molester for decades.

But, again, as I've said before - the universities were here long before any of the coaches, and they'll be here long after the coaches are gone. Their importance only goes so far as the next major arrest and embarrassment to the "brand" they all breath hot air about these days.

Buffoons.

vCash

It might just be an outsiders reputation, or one they gained from when they really sucked and we were wondering how in the hell they got into the Big 12... 90s, early aughts, that period.

As someone who frequents opposing boards for meltdown material during football and basketball seasons, Baylor fans are as foul mouthed and hostile as the rest of the Big 12/Texas/rest of the country. The fact that they have a more high character stereotype (or maybe its just the religious affiliation of the school) makes these blasphemous message board posts and stadium trash talk comments all more funny.

But seriously, there's nothing funny about this situation. Baylor will do the right thing now, because they've been forced to by the court of public opinion.

vCash

Fair enough, Badge...but, look...how many times have you seen me on here "defending" Baylor!?!?

I just look at it with a cynical "join the club" perspective. College football fans are hypocrites. Whether it's the phony baloney "academic" arguments fans of Texas make while it produces intellectual giants like Vince Young and Ricky Williams, or the "we don't cheat or carry dirty players" angle...it's all crap.

Just hard for me to believe we'd be the one pointing fingers, that's all.

vCash

Just hard for me to believe we'd be the one pointing fingers, that's all.
    It's not so much that we're pointing fingers and saying "Tut tut tut" (because we're old farts and that's what old farts say when they point fingers). Rather, we're all sick of Baylor, from the recent football defeats to the no BCS/CFP/Juan Tru Champeen whining.

We're just all singing the lyrics to Avenue Q's Schadenfreude...
    NICKY:
    Ooh, how about...
    Straight-A students getting Bs?

GARY COLEMAN:
    Exes getting STDs!

NICKY:
    Waking doormen from their naps!

GARY COLEMAN:
    Watching tourists reading maps!

NICKY:
    Football players getting tackled!

GARY COLEMAN:
    CEOs getting shackled!

NICKY:
    Watching actors never reach

GARY AND NICKY:
    The ending of their oscar speech!
    Schadenfreude!
    Schadenfreude!
    Schadenfreude!
    Schadenfreude!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Sicem be here before long a foaming at the mouth to straighten out Yalls thinkin on this LOL
    Yup. #justwaitonit

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Really? We don't act all "high and mighty?"

Perhaps you missed all of our black football players marching after a bus full of frat faggots sang "n*gger" one night? These same football players who stand shoulder to shoulder with Mixon and Shannon? Stood shoulder to shoulder with DGB last year?

Our coaches and president haven't been on air talking about what good citizens our abusing/assaulting football players are now?

Give me a break. It's just football. Our peabrained fans act just as high and mighty about our accused players as any other school's peabrained fans - we just seem to have more practice at it.

We've never, in our history, volunteered to hand back any awards or wins for using players known to be on the wrong side of the law. Occasionally, the NCAA has given their "yawn" punishment of taking wins away from their official "records." Ouch. Boy, that sure hurts, NCAA. Please, please don't do it again.

If you want to root for a school with no infractions, I think there are maybe five left who have never been in much trouble - North Texas, Rice, Eastern Michigan...and a couple of others along those lines.

So, Baylor got busted with a criminal. So, what? Join the crowd. It's what major colleges do. It's that "second chance" all these coaches are willing to give because it's not their own daughters who are victims. Real stand up guys, these coaches and administrators.
    lol..dude chill....as you said it's just football.

Personally I've NEVER acted high and mighty when it came to OU and questionable players. FWIW I never thought we should have NOT taken DGB or DGB..whatever his name was. As far as Mixon, yeah that was a hard one as well....Shannon...another.

I said that about bu not because of a few fans...because the university is a religous one that I would imagine has "higher standards for student conduct" than any public one. Sic is on here making sure his dear bears are treated fairly.

I personally don't GAS about what bu does. I would prefer that OU keep a straight line. I also and very aware college football, especially at OU is a multi-million dollar business. I agree, the players got a pi$$y about the frat crap but stood by Mixon and DGB, that was a joke.

Anyways...chill man...it's football season.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!