Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Briles denies knowledge of Ukwauchu's violent history. Peterson calls him a liar

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    The statement given by Peterson is absolutely inconsistent with what Briles said. The problem isn't that Briles was giving the kid a second chance. The problem is Briles hid facts about Ukwauchu. Now, despite what you say, Briles and Peterson's version of this story are completely different.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-bri...203410911.html

Read it. Peterson says Briles was completely vetted concerning Ukwauchu's dismissal.
    I don't think you read what I said about that. Peterson gave Briles all the information that Peterson had. Peterson did not have a sexual assault history to share with Briles. That history did include some aggression and depression issues. The girlfriend he had while at Boise never informed the athletic department of his attitude; however, it evidently never rose to the level of him actually physically assaulting her.

vCash

Re: Briles denies knowledge of Ukwauchu's violent history. Peterson calls him a liar

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Maybe the local law and the University look "the other way' ala Florida State.
    Look the other way? When the indictment came down he was immediately suspended from the team. He never played a single down for Baylor and was never even on the official roster.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Does that include Dave Bliss?
    Bliss was a football player?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Look the other way? When the indictment came down he was immediately suspended from the team. He never played a single down for Baylor and was never even on the official roster.
    This was in reference to Baylor not being on the list. Not this incident.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    This was in reference to Baylor not being on the list. Not this incident.
    Ah, well, I'd be shocked if Waco PD "looked the other way." The Waco PD is notoriously anti-Baylor. It's not just Baylor students thinking that -- my roommate/bestfriend at Baylor joined the Waco PD after graduating from Baylor. There's an institutional bias against the place. I think, traditionally, a lot of the cops are Aggie fans or something....not sure. But I'd be shocked if Waco PD went out of its way to cover **** up.

vCash

Briles statement in response to Petersen:

Quote Originally Posted by TGCAB
    I was contacted by Coach Petersen at Boise State in spring 2013 and he told me he had a player from Texas who needed to get closer to home and that he thought our program would be a good spot for him. I know and respect Coach Petersen and he would never recommend a student-athlete to Baylor that he didn't believe in. In our discussion, he did not disclose that there had been violence toward women, but he did tell me of a rocky relationship [Ukwuachu had] with his girlfriend which contributed to his depression. The only disciplinary action I was aware of were team-related issues, insubordination of coaches and missing practice.
    In addition, I talked with Tony Heath, his high school coach, who gave us a great recommendation.
    As required with any transfer to Baylor, Boise State acknowledged that he was not suspended due to any institutional disciplinary reasons and further that he was eligible for competition if he chose to return to Boise State.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Just puttin' it out there for discussion, you never know.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Starr
    After consulting with the Baylor Board of Regents, the Executive Council and our academic leadership, this afternoon I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved. The inquiry will be led by Jeremy Counseller, Professor of Law at Baylor Law School, Baylor’s Faculty Athletics Representative to the Big 12 Conference and NCAA and a former Assistant District Attorney. Mr. Counseller will engage others in his review as he deems appropriate and will submit his report directly to me at the conclusion of his inquiry. After an analysis of his report, I will determine what additional action to take.
    President Starr's statement.

vCash

And here is the Boise State compliance officer signing off on the transfer information request:

vCash

Who GAF?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Who GAF?
    I think you should practice the art of just ignoring things you don't care about. You've had a history of that lately. I think more people care about this than they care to hear that you don't care.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Briles statement in response to Petersen:
    That is in contrast to the statement issued by Peterson.

“After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles,” Petersen said. “In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Peterson said he told Briles that Ukwuachu was dismissed. He was kicked off the team. Now Briles says Peterson told him he had a player that just needed to get closer to home? Which version of this story makes the most sense?

vCash

How does he not go to pound me in the *** prison for this?

vCash

I think you should practice the art of just ignoring things you don't care about. You've had a history of that lately. I think more people care about this than they care to hear that you don't care.
    Heh, I DGAF what YOU think LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    How does he not go to pound me in the *** prison for this?
    Well, he should.

vCash

That is in contrast to the statement issued by Peterson.

“After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles,” Petersen said. “In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Peterson said he told Briles that Ukwuachu was dismissed. He was kicked off the team. Now Briles says Peterson told him he had a player that just needed to get closer to home? Which version of this story makes the most sense?
    That's not an inconsistency. That's more of the way Briles words things. The underlying meaning and take away from that is that the guy had depression and disciplinary issues that Briles attributed, at least in part, to the fact that he wasn't close enough to home. That's why Briles said the kid needed to get closer to home -- because of the discipline and depression issues.

vCash

That's not an inconsistency. That's more of the way Briles words things. The underlying meaning and take away from that is that the guy had depression and disciplinary issues that Briles attributed, at least in part, to the fact that he wasn't close enough to home. That's why Briles said the kid needed to get closer to home -- because of the discipline and depression issues.
    Yes it is.

Briles said Petersen, who dismissed Ukwuachu for violating team rules, did not mention anything “beyond Sam being depressed” and “needing to come home.”

If the above statement by Briles is to be believed you would have to think that Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State program because he was depressed and missed home. I don't think anybody would believe that Ukwuachu would be dismissed solely because he was depressed or homesick. He had to have committed some act that led to his dismissal. This where Peterson's story gains credibilty and Briles' looks less accurate.

It's the cover-ups that get you.

vCash

Yes it is.

Briles said Petersen, who dismissed Ukwuachu for violating team rules, did not mention anything “beyond Sam being depressed” and “needing to come home.”

If the above statement by Briles is to be believed you would have to think that Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State program because he was depressed and missed home. I don't think anybody would believe that Ukwuachu would be dismissed solely because he was depressed or homesick. He had to have committed some act that led to his dismissal. This where Peterson's story gains credibilty and Briles' looks less accurate.

It's the cover-ups that get you.
    :sigh:

It isn't at all inconsistent. As I said earlier, I think it's pretty obvious he was dismissed from the team for some sort of aggressive behavior. He was likely getting into fights with teammates and was otherwise uncompliant with the staff. I think the Boise staff chalked a lot of this up to depression and other issues. They communicated all of this, including the depression and the aggressive behavior, to Briles. Briles thought the solution to all of those things was getting him closer to home. This fits what both Petersen and Briles have said.

vCash

:sigh:

It isn't at all inconsistent. As I said earlier, I think it's pretty obvious he was dismissed from the team for some sort of aggressive behavior. He was likely getting into fights with teammates and was otherwise uncompliant with the staff. I think the Boise staff chalked a lot of this up to depression and other issues. They communicated all of this, including the depression and the aggressive behavior, to Briles. Briles thought the solution to all of those things was getting him closer to home. This fits what both Petersen and Briles have said.
    No sigh about it. Here is what Briles said

Briles in this statement says that the ONLY thing that was mentioned was that Sam he was depressed and needed to come home.

Do you honestly believe what Briles is saying here? or what Peterson said....

"In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Here Peterson is saying that all of the facts surrounding his dismissal were discussed but Briles says all they discussed was his being depressed and homesick.

So which is it?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Heh, I DGAF what YOU think LOL
    He evoked a similar response from me earlier. He must have the knack.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.