Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Briles denies knowledge of Ukwauchu's violent history. Peterson calls him a liar

My suspicion is that Boise State had a very thin knowledge of his issues with women and that almost the entirety of his issues were surrounding the depression and behavioral problems that manifested in the form of general violence and aggressiveness. He probably got in a fight with other players or perhaps the coaches or other students -- I don't know, but I suspect that's what got him kicked off the team.

Peterson then advised Briles of these behavioral issues, and Briles saw the potential to pick up a talented guy while assuming he could control him enough to limit the problems he would cause. The real problem here is Briles turning Baylor into a 'second chance' program willing to take risks on troubled athletes. Sometimes that works out in a positive way for everyone but sometimes it doesn't -- this being a case of the latter.

But do I think Briles would have run such a risk to the program by bringing in a guy he thought beats up and rapes women? Uh, no. And there's no evidence to suggest that he did.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Briles denies knowledge of Ukwauchu's violent history. Peterson calls him a liar

I would expect nothing less from HYPOCRITE U! It's a systemic problem at that hypocritical institution! Big 12 needs an enema to rid itself of this disgusting parasite!

Sooner Benchwarmer Harris County Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I comprehended just fine.

I could say that I once walked in on your father blowing and getting a facial from Magic Johnson. I don't have a damned bit of evidence to support that absurdity, but I can say it as if it's true.
    You have to say it thrice, then it will be true.
    "To this day, Schnellenberger is not held in high esteem by Sooner fans, in part because he made no secret of his lack of interest in the program's history."

Sooner Benchwarmer Harris County Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Excellent comment:
    They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that everyone is a critic, but to call Briles “Art” is ridiculous. Briles is just trash.
    "To this day, Schnellenberger is not held in high esteem by Sooner fans, in part because he made no secret of his lack of interest in the program's history."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Think about whose version of this story sounds more believable, Briles or Peterson.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...u-violent-past

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Think about whose version of this story sounds more believable, Briles or Peterson.
    Certainly not Briles'.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, those smug Baylor suckers can enjoy a good serving of preseason turmoil and see how they like this aspect of big boy football. Surely they didn't think they'd be above it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    I would expect nothing less from HYPOCRITE U! It's a systemic problem at that hypocritical institution! Big 12 needs an enema to rid itself of this disgusting parasite!
    Glass houses and what not...

Here's a list of the college football programs with the greatest number of arrests. Take note of #5 nationally and #1 in the Big XII. Baylor, despite its supposed hypocrisy, is not even on the list.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec...-arrests-2015/

OU has had 3x the number of arrests we've had over the last five years.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Same info we've been discussing here since the first post.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    It's the same story...just different media outlets.

vCash

As 'Baylor Ambassador' to the SoonerFans Board what do you think about this?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    As 'Baylor Ambassador' to the SoonerFans Board what do you think about this?
    Scroll up. I've given my thoughts throughout this thread.

I think Briles went wrong by trying to make Baylor into a 'second chance' program. Many times that has worked out with players rehabilitating themselves after making past mistakes. However, once in awhile, you'll get a guy like this... The statement given by Peterson is not at all inconsistent with what Briles said. As we move on from this, I think the lesson here is to be more careful about who he chooses to give a second chance to.

vCash

But don't they have different pictures?

vCash

Scroll up. I've given my thoughts throughout this thread.

I think Briles went wrong by trying to make Baylor into a 'second chance' program. Many times that has worked out with players rehabilitating themselves after making past mistakes. However, once in awhile, you'll get a guy like this... The statement given by Peterson is not at all inconsistent with what Briles said. As we move on from this, I think the lesson here is to be more careful about who he chooses to give a second chance to.
    The statement given by Peterson is absolutely inconsistent with what Briles said. The problem isn't that Briles was giving the kid a second chance. The problem is Briles hid facts about Ukwauchu. Now, despite what you say, Briles and Peterson's version of this story are completely different.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-bri...203410911.html

Read it. Peterson says Briles was completely vetted concerning Ukwauchu's dismissal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Here's a list of the college football programs with the greatest number of arrests. Take note of #5 nationally and #1 in the Big XII. Baylor, despite its supposed hypocrisy, is not even on the list.

Does that include Dave Bliss?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

First off, Oakman and that one dip**** safety that graduated a year or two ago weren't arrested. They're still filthy, rotten pieces of ****.

Second, I'm betting that Ukwauchu is going to serve more jail time than all of our arrests combined from that list. Things like rape and murder are far more serious than a guy who got arrested for forgetting to pay his seat belt ticket.

vCash

Maybe the local law and the University look "the other way' ala Florida State.