vCash

Lincoln Riley: 'They're making it hard'

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Bolt/L...-hard-38798480

Lincoln Riley: 'They're making it hard'

NORMAN, Okla. — Here in the coming days, Oklahoma Sooners offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley has a decision to make: Who will he name his starting quarterback?

Well, by all accounts, the three vying for it—Trevor Knight, Baker Mayfield and Cody Thomas—aren't helping him out any with that decision.

"You know, they’re all playing well," Riley said. "Honestly, they’re making it hard. You know, they’re making it hard. They’re all three still repping equally. They’re making it hard on Coach Stoops and I and the rest of the staff. They’ve all improved so much. They’ve taking the weaknesses that they had in the spring and improved on those, in some cases have made those strengths.

"You know, they’re playing well when we get in the team stuff, when we get the refs out there and it’s real, real football. They are all producing at a pretty high rate right now."

All three threw touchdown passes in the scrimmage over the weekend, and all three have shown great moments so far this fall camp, along with, admittedly, some bad ones at times as well.

And all three are feeding off each other.

"And that’s [good]," Knight said. "It should be a battle like that each and every day. And I’ve said that a ton of times before, but you’ve got to make each other better day in and day out, and that’s the way you’re going to get one guy to be the best he can be and then those guys behind him to be the best they can be."

That competition has lessened their focus on when the decision will be made.

"We’ll be out here," Mayfield said. "We have almost three weeks till the game time so I’m not really worried about it. I mean, we’re just trying to get better as an offense for September 5 and the rest of the season. I’m not really worried about it at all."

Said Thomas: "I mean, it’s not going to really change how I go out there and work during practice. I’m still going to try to work and be the best I can be."

As long as that competition keeps going on, too, it can only continue to be a positive.

"That’s a good thing," Stoops said. "And I’ve said that all along. They’ve all gotten better. You could tell how much more comfortable they are in what they’re doing, how they’re all more consistent with their reads. They’ve all been much more decisive with their throws. So they’ve all [improved]. Like I said, for me looking at it, I like it because they’ve all really made improvement and I feel like you could win with all of them."

When a starter is named, that's how it'll be, but it certainly won't stop the battle among the three.

vCash

Re: Lincoln Riley: 'They're making it hard'

Im Pumped for the season
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Go Mules!
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I thought I was going to have to close my office door for a minute to open this thread.

Imagine my disappointment...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I thought I was going to have to close my office door for a minute to open this thread.

Imagine my disappointment...
    heh.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!