SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

This is encouraging...

SportsSportsColleges College Sports Blog
    College Sports Blog

What offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley had to say about Oklahoma’s quarterbacks after first fall scrimmage

Ryan Gerbosi Follow @RyanGerbosi Email [email protected]
    Published: August 15, 2015 9:38 pm

According to SoonerSports.com, new offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley is happy with how his quarterbacks performed and the state of the competition between Trevor Knight, Baker Mayfield and Cody Thomas.

“All three played well,” Riley told OU’s official website. “They had command, took care of the ball, made a lot of plays. It’s a heck of a competition. It’s been fun to watch them all get better. Where they were three months ago and where they are right now is a night-and-day difference. I wouldn’t trade those three for anybody.”

Riley is pleased with how the offense is picking up his schemes after 10 days of practice.

“We’re improving,” Riley said. “It’s fun when they start to take ownership of it themselves and it doesn’t become some outside offense that got brought in; it starts to become Oklahoma’s offense, and the players’ offense. Because that’s what it is. It’s not mine, it’s not anybody else’s. It’s theirs. And so we’re starting to see some of that ownership, they’re starting to understand what we’re doing and they’re playing hard and having a great time. It was a fun day.”

Long touchdowns from Trevor Knight and Baker Mayfield highlighted the afternoon, as did an interception from sophomore cornerback Jordan Thomas.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is encouraging...

You know he's not going to say anything negative, not saying that there is anything negative, just saying he wouldn't say if there was.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

the "I wouldn't trade these three for anybody," statement is encouraging. I agree he isn't going to say anything negative, but that statement is more than he needed to say.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I agree. Knowing what he's done with this style offense in the past I found that most encouraging. Aren't we all encouraged?
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

The part about taking care of the ball is dumb. They had like 6 picks dropped by DBs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

guess I'm not going to get too excited.

Of course he isn't going to say anything real negative...nor the fact he WOULD trade them...that'd be a heck of deflater.

Now if Saban had said that, we'll I'd be a bit more encouraged. (Riley really hasn't proven anything at this time...imho)

We'll see how the season goes.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    guess I'm not going to get too excited.

Of course he isn't going to say anything real negative...nor the fact he WOULD trade them...that'd be a heck of deflater.

Now if Saban had said that, we'll I'd be a bit more encouraged. (Riley really hasn't proven anything at this time...imho)

We'll see how the season goes.
    Im a die hard Fan , Im as excited as a kid going to the Candy store with a pocket full of money!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Much ado about nothing. What else is he gonna say at this point?

Could there be some truth to it? Sure, and lets hope there is, but him saying it means diddly!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Im a die hard Fan , Im as excited as a kid going to the Candy store with a pocket full of money!
    And that's the way it should be. Not because of what some OC says to the media, but because this is OU and we're less than 3 weeks away from another season. I see all these posts from fans not wanting to get excited because they might get their feelers hurt when things don't turn out. Wake up people - if things go south, you'll have plenty of time to be disappointed when it happens. This is free excitement time when we're undefeated and when all the things that might go right still could go right. Enjoy it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And that's the way it should be. Not because of what some OC says to the media, but because this is OU and we're less than 3 weeks away from another season. I see all these posts from fans not wanting to get excited because they might get their feelers hurt when things don't turn out. Wake up people - if things go south, you'll have plenty of time to be disappointed when it happens. This is free excitement time when we're undefeated and when all the things that might go right still could go right. Enjoy it.
    Yup. I get depressed listening to all these Doom an Gloomers. I aint a Coach I aint an Annalist, Ima Fan pure and simple.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !