Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Does Anybody Support Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Not ignoring, thats been discussed so many times here its a boring topic. We mainly just ignoring YOU.
    He displays the powerful religious zeal of a leftist. Will he martyr if he has to?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    If you put the Prophet on ignore then you really have a problem with the whole idea of critical thinking.
    He displays the powerful religious zeal of a leftist. Will he martyr if he has to?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Own it, leftists.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by champions77 View Post
    Iran/Contra was a mistake. On one hand, supporting the freedom fighters was a good thing. The manner in which the Reagan Administration went about it...not so good.
    No one seems to want to admit that. Or, why the 52 hostages were released the day that Reagan was inaugurated. Interesting...

Well regulated? This has been brought up before the US Supreme Court many times, and their rulings have been consistent. I know you lefties entrust the government to behave themselves, but even if they did, what do you propose, that all honest citizens turn in their firearms, because they would be the only ones to turn them in.
    I'm sure the first amendment that you keep clarifying for us all has also been addressed more than once in the Court. I'm made no proposals for anyone to turn anything in...ever.

Since we are on the subject, why is it that libs like you NEVER hold people responsible for their actions? If a lunatic kills ten people, it was the guns fault. If a person (and there are millions) sits around, doing nothing, wasting his life away, taking no initiative, doing nothing to help himself, and subsists on government payments, paid for by hardworking folks that do take responsibility for their actions, then it's not the welfare recipients fault either. To libs, the state is responsible for you, you are NOT responsible for yourself. I've seen that for decades and I never could understand the mindset associated with it. I guess I never will.

I do know this, personal responsibility, along with self reliance, are bedrocks of a free society, are the virtues that made us great. And the Democratic Party, along with an assist by spineless Republicans, have created this mess we have today, where millions have no hope, are angry, have no future, and I don't think it bothers liberals one iota. If it did, they wouldn't go along with the teacher's unions over vouchers to provide an escape for inner city kids from lousy schools. That's when their true colors show through. And that is sick.
    You brought up a Constitutional amendment of which you disagree with the Court. I brought up one that I get a kick out of. IF the intent of the 2nd amendment is to allow the people to stay "strong" to be able to defend themselves from a militaristic state then it has outlived itself. Until every Tom, Dick and Harry can have militarized drones and Apache helicopters, the state is going to be stronger. Whether you and I have weapons or not it's immaterial. The issues that I have are with the mind set of the NRA where they won't give an inch on anything. They're really no different than the ACLU. There's also the paranoid nutjobs who tell us that things like Newtown actually didn't happen and/or they're only a "false flag" by Obama to come for your guns. A. I do trust the gubmit (both parties) to not turn on the people. B. I trust my military to not enact orders that are counter to common sense.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

The political stakes in this debate are high, so polemics and hyperbole abound. For many a certain national identity is at stake. As with most debates I'm sure a common ground could be sought. They are not radical libertine freaks painted by leftist secular egg heads nor were they born again Billy Grahams that the religious right wants us to believe.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/28/politi...ber/index.html

Liar.

Two things the right ignores here: 1. The Reagan/Iran connection. 2. The words "well regulated"
    1. Reagan told the mulahs and imams that the day he took office that if they still had our hostages he would consider them prisoners of war and he would unleash hell on earth on them and their families.....much like he did Khadafi after the Lockerbee Pan Am bombing.
    2. You have no clue what the FF's meant by the term "well regulated militia". You're just parroting the intellectually bankrupt progressive talking point. None of the FFs advocated for a standing army under the control of the federal government. The militia referred to armed citizens who could be called to defend the state. In order to do that the citizenry needed to be armed.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    The same Paine who wrote in his Age of Reason wrote,

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turk church, or by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

"All institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

I agree the FF were diests and perhaps more influenced by the tenets of Freemasonry than Christianity. The only folks engaging in revisionism are those who refuse to deal with the fact that in God we trust and the insertion of under God in pledge in the 1950s. The simple fact remains that there is no mention of god or christmin our founding document. A document influenced by common law more than anything else btw.
    Did I say Paine was a Christian? No I did not. He was a politician who used Christians to help him accomplish his and other FFs' goals. Be that as it may please don't insult us by repeating the absurd claim that Christiantity didn't play a very central role in the formation and development of this country.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Paine was, like me, very much a fellow brother of the tribe. By 'tribe' I mean he was a fellow deist. Arguably the most Deist of all the founding fathers.

I've considered starting the world's first Deist church (tax free of course) so that I can build a monument to 'Common Sense' and have it placed on the grounds of the state capitol.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    1. Reagan told the mulahs and imams that the day he took office that if they still had our hostages he would consider them prisoners of war and he would unleash hell on earth on them and their families.....much like he did Khadafi after the Lockerbee Pan Am bombing.
    2. You have no clue what the FF's meant by the term "well regulated militia". You're just parroting the intellectually bankrupt progressive talking point. None of the FFs advocated for a standing army under the control of the federal government. The militia referred to armed citizens who could be called to defend the state. In order to do that the citizenry needed to be armed.
    Or he begged them to keep the hostages until he was inaugurated and he'd pay them back with arms. One of those makes sense.

vCash

I'm enlightened to know that you have a pipeline to the founders. Tell 'em goober said "hey".

It's not really a talking point. I can read the 2nd Amendment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Or he begged them to keep the hostages until he was inaugurated and he'd pay them back with arms. One of those makes sense.
    He didn't have to beg them. A beta male like yourself was voted out and a Alpha male was voted in. They knew the difference.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

I'm enlightened to know that you have a pipeline to the founders. Tell 'em goober said "hey".

It's not really a talking point. I can read the 2nd Amendment.
    Well, hang in their slugger.Maybe the SCOTUS will see it your way at some point over the next 240 years since they haven't the past 240 years.

vCash

Well, hang in their slugger.Maybe the SCOTUS will see it your way at some point over the next 240 years since they haven't the past 240 years.
    Until the nra gets out of the GOP'S Pockets this is the Wild West that we live in. I just wish we would allow crazy people as much acces to mental health as we do to firearms.

vCash

Until the nra gets out of the GOP'S Pockets this is the Wild West that we live in. I just wish we would allow crazy people as much acces to mental health as we do to firearms.
    I agree SN we should ban ALL guns. Thats how we Got Meth and other drugs off the street!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Did I say Paine was a Christian? No I did not. He was a politician who used Christians to help him accomplish his and other FFs' goals. Be that as it may please don't insult us by repeating the absurd claim that Christiantity didn't play a very central role in the formation and development of this country.
    Nice repetitive dodge of the pledge and currency issue, keep up the solid work. Well done on ignoring no mention of Christ in our founding document. So what are you saying, the colonial flock engaged in willful gullibility w/ regards to scripture and republicanism? Sure it played a role, but the idea this is a Christian nation is what is absurd. It was republic free from the dogma of religion. When rationalism met religion, the founders more often than not differed to rationalism.

vCash

I agree SN we should ban ALL guns. Thats how we Got Meth and other drugs off the street!
    Not at all. Please show me where I said that. I would just like to see the NRA of the 1970s come back that supported logical gun rules and marksmanship. I would also like to see mental health more accessible. Don't know why that's revolutionary.

vCash

Not at all. Please show me where I said that. I would just like to see the NRA of the 1970s come back that supported logical gun rules and marksmanship. I would also like to see mental health more accessible. Don't know why that's revolutionary.
    Theres more than enough "Logical Gun Rules" what we have is an Over abundance of Crazy and a Small amount of treatment options for those Crazy mother ****ers.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    Nice repetitive dodge of the pledge and currency issue, keep up the solid work. Well done on ignoring no mention of Christ in our founding document. So what are you saying, the colonial flock engaged in willful gullibility w/ regards to scripture and republicanism? Sure it played a role, but the idea this is a Christian nation is what is absurd. It was republic free from the dogma of religion. When rationalism met religion, the founders more often than not differed to rationalism.
    Oh c'mon now. The only dodge in our discussion was you trying to divert the focus on Thomas Paine's regiligious beliefs. Heck, some historians think he may have been an antheist. But he was a politician and he understood the most powerful social force in the country was fundamentalist Christianity so, like any good politician he set about trying to harness that force to help his cause.

Almost every major social change or foreign endeavor this country undertook through WWII was done largely through mobilizing Christians in this country behind that effort from the Revolutionary War to the Westward expansion/ manifest destiny, to the Civil War to WWII against the non-Christian Japanese/Nazis to the Civil Rights movement. Even the country's roots of pushing an educated public has its rootsin the Church's roll in the Old and New worlds of combining missionary work with the education of populations they were reaching out to.

Again, any claim that this country wasn't founded largely on Christian principles/efforts is revisionist dribble. And watch what happens now when the progressives try to mobilize the country behind an issue without getting the support of the Christian community. Without a spiritual core a country is just a hollow shell without any will to do difficult things.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 8/29/2015 at 03:09 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    He didn't have to beg them. A beta male like yourself was voted out and a Alpha male was voted in. They knew the difference.
    so he just gave them arms for no reason?

vCash

---Talk to the ACLU about how hard they have helped make it to force people into mental health facilities so they can be helped---- http://mentalillnesspolicy.org/myths...liberties.html
    Last edited by REDREX; 8/29/2015 at 03:19 PM.