Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

We値l take Eric Striker over Shawn Oakman

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-shawn-oakman/

Baylor's Shawn Oakman has NFL measureables, but it's Oklahoma's Eric Striker who is the Big 12's best pass-rusher

Whether it痴 from people anticipating the 2015 college season, or those looking further ahead to the 2016 NFL Draft, there is considerable hype around Baylor痴 Shawn Oakman, and it痴 easy to see why. At 6-foot-8, 280 pounds and absolutely ripped, Oakman looks like a defensive coach痴 dream.

(The memes are pretty funny, too.)

Oakman isn稚 all style, either; there is some substance to his play. Lining up largely as the weakside defensive end in Baylor痴 four-man front, he racked up 10 sacks and 45 total pressures in 2014. Those are solid overall numbers, but far from elite status, and Oakman wasn稚 hugely productive on a per-snap basis. He recorded a 7.9 pass-rush productivity (PRP) in Power 5 play that ranked 45th among 4-3 DEs.

So, despite all of the hype, Oakman isn稚 the most dangerous pass-rusher in the Big 12. That title belongs to Oklahoma outside linebacker Eric Striker.

At 6-foot tall and 220 pounds, Striker is a very different player to Oakman, and one who doesn稚 immediately stand out as a future NFL prospect. But in terms of their ability on the college football level, Striker is a much more explosive player, and a constant nuisance as an edge rusher. He finished 2014 with seven sacks and 62 total pressures, and did so on 116 fewer pass-rush snaps than Oakman. Striker痴 hugely impressive 15.9 PRP against Power 5 opponents ranked second among 3-4 outside linebackers, and that figure rose to 18.1 when he rushed from the right, when supposedly matched up with the best pass protector the opposition had to offer.

Oakman will no doubt occupy the minds of NFL evaluators during the 2015 season, but Striker and his devastating first step should be causing sleepless nights for the offensive linemen of the Big 12.

vCash

Re: We値l take Eric Striker over Shawn Oakman

I'd rather not be hit by either one of them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'd rather not be hit by either one of them.
    Especially if Oakman leads with his Elbow.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Especially if Oakman leads with his Elbow.
    To the chest?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

give it up sic....it was a dirty play. Go cry on the bear board about how all these OU fans are still pissed.

That's what is so funny with you..THIS IS AN OU BOARD...we don't want to hear your bear bull$hit.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

What's funny is what awaits him in the neffel. If your name isn't Suh, you pretty soon run into guys who brutalize you. I look forward to watching that.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by milesl View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-shawn-oakman/

Baylor's Shawn Oakman has NFL measureables, but it's Oklahoma's Eric Striker who is the Big 12's best pass-rusher

Whether it痴 from people anticipating the 2015 college season, or those looking further ahead to the 2016 NFL Draft, there is considerable hype around Baylor痴 Shawn Oakman, and it痴 easy to see why. At 6-foot-8, 280 pounds and absolutely ripped, Oakman looks like a defensive coach痴 dream.

(The memes are pretty funny, too.)

Oakman isn稚 all style, either; there is some substance to his play. Lining up largely as the weakside defensive end in Baylor痴 four-man front, he racked up 10 sacks and 45 total pressures in 2014. Those are solid overall numbers, but far from elite status, and Oakman wasn稚 hugely productive on a per-snap basis. He recorded a 7.9 pass-rush productivity (PRP) in Power 5 play that ranked 45th among 4-3 DEs.

So, despite all of the hype, Oakman isn稚 the most dangerous pass-rusher in the Big 12. That title belongs to Oklahoma outside linebacker Eric Striker.

At 6-foot tall and 220 pounds, Striker is a very different player to Oakman, and one who doesn稚 immediately stand out as a future NFL prospect. But in terms of their ability on the college football level, Striker is a much more explosive player, and a constant nuisance as an edge rusher. He finished 2014 with seven sacks and 62 total pressures, and did so on 116 fewer pass-rush snaps than Oakman. Striker痴 hugely impressive 15.9 PRP against Power 5 opponents ranked second among 3-4 outside linebackers, and that figure rose to 18.1 when he rushed from the right, when supposedly matched up with the best pass protector the opposition had to offer.

Oakman will no doubt occupy the minds of NFL evaluators during the 2015 season, but Striker and his devastating first step should be causing sleepless nights for the offensive linemen of the Big 12.
    Is this website a joke? Striker is too small to play in the NFL unless he can be switched to safety. He might catch on as a late round draft pick or free agent who might make a team for special teams.

Oakman, on the other hand, is a first day draft pick if he can manage a decent season and stay out of trouble off the field.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    give it up sic....it was a dirty play. Go cry on the bear board about how all these OU fans are still pissed.

That's what is so funny with you..THIS IS AN OU BOARD...we don't want to hear your bear bull$hit.
    Really? I hadn't noticed this fact at any point in my 21,000+ post history. FTR: I have never once criticized OU on the Baylor boards. If I criticize OU, I do it here. Over there, I either defend OU or stay out of the conversation.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

I thought we went over this last fall. Why is Oakman's hit any worse than Bosworth with his spitting in opponents' facemasks when they were down or Roy Williams using the horsecollar tackle?

It's no different, but we accept it - and, many here praised those two for that type of play.

Stoops is more to blame for pretending Trevor Knight is a servicable quarterback and continuing to run him out there despite knowing he is (1) incapable of staying in the pocket under pressure, and (2) injury prone.

Oakman's hit was something we'd be lauding if he were wearing a crimson and cream uniform.

Stop being little titty babies. You should be more p*ssed at Stoops for letting the program get to point where Trevor Knight is our starting QB and Baylor is running roughshod over us. Faggots.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Seriously, Tear, our company seems to disturb you something fierce. If we truly annoy you so much, go find another venue in which to park your rage. This whole thing, a chat board, college football in general, for that matter, is for fun. It's not 'real life'. Please find something about which you can be joyous. Life is too short to spend it muttering to oneself and tugging at one's own fingers.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Seriously, Tear, our company seems to disturb you something fierce. If we truly annoy you so much, go find another venue in which to park your rage. This whole thing, a chat board, college football in general, for that matter, is for fun. It's not 'real life'. Please find something about which you can be joyous. Life is too short to spend it muttering to oneself and tugging at one's own fingers.
    Hmmm. And, yet, here are our fans complaining about a hit that took place last year. So...? They are complaining about the hit...for fun? Joyousness?

vCash

I never get tired of message board posters telling others in what manner they should post, what mood they should be in when they post, etc, etc... It's one of the things that makes me go: Hmmmmmmm?????
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I never get tired of message board posters telling others in what manner they should post, what mood they should be in when they post, etc, etc... It's one of the things that makes me go: Hmmmmmmm?????
    Exactly. It's that "from the top down" mentality, I suppose.

vCash

It's just dumb and childish the stuff like how if you don't tuck Stoops in at night you're not a real fan, or go be a fan of another team, or maybe my all-time favorite when people try to tell someone else their life must be miserable if they dare complain about the state of Sooner Nation.

This is a message board, and as things go message boards are pretty stupid and inconsequential , yet people make all sorts of grand assumptions about others based on what other's say on it.

"Oh, you're b*tching about Sooner football? Your life must be pretty miserable, it must suck to be you!" Really? How stupid does someone have to be to think someone else's life sucks just because they aren't on the Stoops bandwagon?!?!

Frankly, I've done some of my best complaining when things were going great, and kept pretty damn quite when things weren't so awesome.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Curly, I don't mind, really. To some degree, a portion of the fan base is always going to circle the wagon around this coach or that. And, that's fine.

But...

...I've lived long enough to have seen several Sooner football coaches. They all have one thing in common: once they leave, or are fired, there is still a University of Oklahoma.

My loyalty is to the University of Oklahoma. If there is some sort of perceived problem or slippage, it's fair game to discuss what it might be.

They don't have message boards for the School of Business or Engineering or what have you, but they do for athletics. So, you can publicly vent here for the sake of discussion. If I have a beef with the School of Business, there really is no public forum to discuss it.

And, as you know, in all institutions, people see things differently. And, that's okay.

I see things in the football program differently than some. And, that's fine. Some here want to praise the dirty play of our guys, but complain when someone dies it to us. Okay, fine. But, I'll point out your hypocrisy.

What will always be different about me is you can expect that I'll hold our players and coaches - and the departments - to the same standards on and off the field as our opponents.

So, I will criticize and praise on the level. If I say this type of hit is dirty or that type is dirty, I'll say it for everyone - Sooners, Bears, Pokes, whatever. There's no other way to do it, in my eyes.

Others here may disagree. I couldn't care less.

vCash

In a minor sense the way some posters here behave reminds me of the current state of discourse in the US-of-A. You're only allowed to speak your mind when it fits the "accepted" way of thinking, and if you veer from that you have to be shouted down or ridiculed, told how miserable you are, or your life must be.

I make fun of and mock those people.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

But are you joyous in your mockery?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    But are you joyous in your mockery?
    Yes, Yes I am, because I recognize this format for what it is.

And I'm not being critical of the format, but it's not life or death.

...and full disclosure - it also brings me some minor joy to poke a sharp stick at the "sunshine pumpers", or those in "crimson sunglasses" that get all riled up when anyone dare be critical of Stoops or OU football.

...and I TOTALLY believe those people can be waaaay critical of Stoops and Sooner football and yet still live a very satisfying life.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 8/7/2015 at 07:46 PM.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I thought we went over this last fall. Why is Oakman's hit any worse than Bosworth with his spitting in opponents' facemasks when they were down or Roy Williams using the horsecollar tackle?

It's no different, but we accept it - and, many here praised those two for that type of play.

Stoops is more to blame for pretending Trevor Knight is a servicable quarterback and continuing to run him out there despite knowing he is (1) incapable of staying in the pocket under pressure, and (2) injury prone.

Oakman's hit was something we'd be lauding if he were wearing a crimson and cream uniform.

Stop being little titty babies. You should be more p*ssed at Stoops for letting the program get to point where Trevor Knight is our starting QB and Baylor is running roughshod over us. Faggots.
    The horsecollar tackle was not illegal when Roy Williams perfected it. As for spitting, have you ever been on the bottom of a pile before? Disgusting of course but what Oakman did was a straight up illegal dirty play with possible serious injury repercussions. Here's another play by Oakman lest you think the Knight incident is just a one-off. Here he is doing his Ndamukong Suh imitation.

https://vine.co/v/OndwuDlazPD

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Is this website a joke? Striker is too small to play in the NFL unless he can be switched to safety. He might catch on as a late round draft pick or free agent who might make a team for special teams.

Oakman, on the other hand, is a first day draft pick if he can manage a decent season and stay out of trouble off the field.
    ....He recorded a 7.9 pass-rush productivity (PRP) in Power 5 play that ranked 45th among 4-3 DEs.

....must have missed that part....I will call him Tony Mandarich

ss
    Last edited by Therealsouthsider; 8/7/2015 at 10:27 PM.
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"