Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is this the year for the Vols?

Y'all better realize that Tennessee has a very good chance of beating OU. It will be one of the 2-3 toughest games we have this season.

Jones isn't a top-tier coach? What rock were you under when his 2010 Bearcat squad (that went 4-8) damn near beat OU in Cincy? That same 4-8 program went 10-3 the next season. Tennessee just got verbals this week from the #1 pro-style QB recruit in the nation, and a 5* WR from Oak Ridge that I have personally seen play and is a man amongst toddlers. Jones is recruiting elite athletes to UT, and has been for 2 years. They have a good shot at winning the SECEast and playing for the CC in Atlanta.

OU is going to get everything they want on 9/12. If we can walk out of Neyland with a W, we will be looking at a special year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Could the Vols beat OU? Yes
    Are the Vols collecting great talent? Yes, basically. (I'm sure there'd be quibblers out there, but grant this).
    Am I willing to predict a Vols victory over OU this year? No. Respectfully, but No.
    Am I willing to listen to random Vol yahoos talk trash? No. (and I don't include you, Cecil, in those ranks.)

That about covers it for me.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, we all know there is a chance that the Vols beat us...especially when you consider that the best we can do is a QB that even Texas Tech wouldn't give a scholarship.

Everyone talks about this new offensive coordinator, as if he has some offense that no one has ever seen. It's the height of stupidity. How long now, has Gus Malzahn been in the SEC? Except for two squirts of pis*s at Tulsa and Arkansas State, pretty much ever since 2006. I'm pretty sure Tennessee will not be shocked that we don't line up in the Wishbone or Power-I.

Tennessee's problem is, their coach is dogbutt average. And, he's recruited a dogbutt average bunch of players. We are still, even though we are hurtling towards Texas Techdom, a step or two above Tennessee talent-wise.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

So, basically:

"Yeah what you said,
    Insert issue #9,000,000 slam on LR, issue#13 slam on Tenn, issue #247 slam on TT issue #543 slam on BM"

Just for a change up, what makes you happy? I'll try to remind you of it just so we can get a look at what you're like when you're not on the ledge.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It seems to be overlooked that Butch Jones hired Brewster McSkittles as his offensive coordinator in the off-season. I think OU came out on the plus side of that hire given OU's hire on the offensive side of the ball.