Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Every Cop in this country should resign!

Yes the Cincy Cop went to Far IMHO but I dont think he should be tried for Murder and held on 1 Mill. Bond.

I watched the Vid the Cop was Polite and friendly until the driver started Bowing up and attempted to just drive away.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...09&oe=563E87D0
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Every Cop in this country should resign!

Police and other public safety/law enforcement personnel all need a course on this new era of Internet accountability.

Whereas traffic stops used to only be recorded by the provided police cars, now cops must assume that they are being recorded from all angles, audio and video, at all times.

The body cams that are being proposed are a good start not just for police, but also those dealing with law enforcement, because they seem to forget that they may be getting recorded as well. A visible sign that all parties are being held accountable would keep everyone in check.

This is a good reminder for everyone as well: The Internet is forever. You are being recorded right now as we speak. Don't do or say (or type) something you'll come to regret later.

vCash

An honest Cop that is just trying to do his Job then go home to his family shouldnt have to put up with mouthy rude people. If they want to bow up he should be able to take em down and then take em to jail. if they run shoot em, Screw it,

All these Prosecutors and Mayors condeming Police in general are going to get some Good Officers killed. Mark my words.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I do not condone at all what the cop did. I think a more experienced cop just lets the guy drive away, radios ahead for assistance, and gives whatever chase there is.

That being said, it's now out that this "nice" and "good" guy piled up 70+ criminal charges over 20 years and had 12 or 13 kids, accounts differ, with different women. The guy was basically a steaming crap pile of what the rap community glorifies daily. I'm sure they are all proud of him today.

You can't really say he had it coming, but...the guy certainly wasn't out making the world a better place. So, it's no surprise that he couldn't or wouldn't produce his driver's license, or that he had an open bottle of alcohol in his car, or that he refused to get out of the car.

If you've got nothing to hide, why not just comply?

Score: Officer = idiot; Dead Criminal = also idiot. Fate brought together two idiots one night, and so you got what you got.

Gee, wonder if this "good" and "nice" guy DuBose has a life insurance policy to take care of his kids in case he died young. Probably not.

Stupid is, stupid does.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    An honest Cop that is just trying to do his Job then go home to his family shouldnt have to put up with mouthy rude people. If they want to bow up he should be able to take em down and then take em to jail. if they run shoot em, Screw it,

All these Prosecutors and Mayors condeming Police in general are going to get some Good Officers killed. Mark my words.
    They already have: http://www.policeone.com/ambush/arti...dered-in-2014/
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I do not condone at all what the cop did. I think a more experienced cop just lets the guy drive away, radios ahead for assistance, and gives whatever chase there is.

That being said, it's now out that this "nice" and "good" guy piled up 70+ criminal charges over 20 years and had 12 or 13 kids, accounts differ, with different women. The guy was basically a steaming crap pile of what the rap community glorifies daily. I'm sure they are all proud of him today.

You can't really say he had it coming, but...the guy certainly wasn't out making the world a better place. So, it's no surprise that he couldn't or wouldn't produce his driver's license, or that he had an open bottle of alcohol in his car, or that he refused to get out of the car.

If you've got nothing to hide, why not just comply?

Score: Officer = idiot; Dead Criminal = also idiot. Fate brought together two idiots one night, and so you got what you got.

Gee, wonder if this "good" and "nice" guy DuBose has a life insurance policy to take care of his kids in case he died young. Probably not.

Stupid is, stupid does.
    I kind of agree with you. Except, it doesn't matter what this guy's past is. He didn't deserve to die like that. This is an example of the officer video providing the facts that the first person account doesn't provide.

I think if we paid cops more they'd be better at it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I kind of agree with you. Except, it doesn't matter what this guy's past is. He didn't deserve to die like that. This is an example of the officer video providing the facts that the first person account doesn't provide.

Yes, I already said that in the first sentence. Cop was clearly in the wrong. And experienced cop let's the guy drive off knowing he'll be caught in a few mintues after more police officers are called to help give chase.

Agree on cop pay. Except...not to borrow from another thread topics...if we're throwing all sorts of taxpayer money at caring for illegals' children - school, food, housing - along with our own poor, and funding the sexual proclivities of everyone, and the results of those, where does the extra money come from? The already cash-strapped middle class?

You see the problem, right? Few people argue against raising the pay of teachers, police officers, firemen etc. But, where does the money come from when you are already propping up more than half the population with taxpayer dollars already?

Yes, by all means raise the salaries of teachers, cop, and firefighters. But, realize that it must come from moving the money away from entitlements.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 7/30/2015 at 03:05 PM.

vCash

My 1st sentence said HE went too far.
    My statement of going to get Cops killed that just want to do their job, is meaning a Cop is going to hesitate in a situation where there is NO time for hesitation and the Good guy loses.

Ive been in those kinds of situations , Worked out for me. Wont always work out for others.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

No, the guy didn't deserve to be shot but if I am pulled over for whatever reason I completely understand that any attempt to resist or run will be met by a considerable amount of reaction from the police officer. I think some people who are police officers really don't have the type of personality to do that job and after a certain amount of time of dealing with the dregs of society they just snap.

I think a good movie for all of you to watch is "Bring Out Your Dead" with Nicholas Cage. It is a pretty accurate description of how dealing with the seedier parts of society in your job on a day to day basis can wreak all kinds of havoc on your mental health and physical well being.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    My 1st sentence said HE went too far.
    My statement of going to get Cops killed that just want to do their job, is meaning a Cop is going to hesitate in a situation where there is NO time for hesitation and the Good guy loses.

Ive been in those kinds of situations , Worked out for me. Wont always work out for others.
    I hope you're sitting down. I agree with you. The only thing that I disagree with on this thread is that his priors and how many children he may or may not have fathered shouldn't be in the discussion.

vCash

The police in this country are unlike police in any other western nation. They're absolute lunatics by comparison.

vCash

I hope you're sitting down. I agree with you. The only thing that I disagree with on this thread is that his priors and how many children he may or may not have fathered shouldn't be in the discussion.
    Has no bearing on the Facts thats for sure. I think it was just mentioned to give us some insight in to what type of person this guy was.
    Kinda Like the Trayvon/ Brown kids being portrayed as innocent angelic's,

Simple Fact DONT resist. and Bad things wont happen to you.
    Yes Ive met cops and even served with a few who were total arseholes. Just do what they say and go on your way. IF they really **** you off, Turn in a Formal complaint. Believe me. A cop gets very many of those and he wont be around long.

vCash

Why not? It goes to his mindset, potentially, right? If we are going to argue that the police officer is racist or trigger happy or unfit because of his actions in the matter, why can't we explore what the mindset is of someone who is uncooperative with police after 20 years of run-ins with the law?

The backgrounds of both the officer and the victim are fair game, in my opinion. I think it is extremely rare for people without a criminal background to disobey or confront an officer. Especially when you are talking about a request as simple - and, expected - in a traffic stop as 'show me you license.'

Come on, man. At some point, these communities look around and realize there is a reason this isn't happening to Asians, Russians, Pakistanis, and other minority/immigrant groups.

At some point, you have to say, "That guy was a criminal." Same thing I say about white people killed because of their criminal acts - had it coming to him.

If you accept - and, worse, defend - criminal behavior, don't be surprised to wake up and find your neighborhood or city is now a carbon copy of Detroit.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Why not? It goes to his mindset, potentially, right? If we are going to argue that the police officer is racist or trigger happy or unfit because of his actions in the matter, why can't we explore what the mindset is of someone who is uncooperative with police after 20 years of run-ins with the law?

The backgrounds of both the officer and the victim are fair game, in my opinion. I think it is extremely rare for people without a criminal background to disobey or confront an officer. Especially when you are talking about a request as simple - and, expected - in a traffic stop as 'show me you license.'

Come on, man. At some point, these communities look around and realize there is a reason this isn't happening to Asians, Russians, Pakistanis, and other minority/immigrant groups.

At some point, you have to say, "That guy was a criminal." Same thing I say about white people killed because of their criminal acts - had it coming to him.

If you accept - and, worse, defend - criminal behavior, don't be surprised to wake up and find your neighborhood or city is now a carbon copy of Detroit.
    Except that you can't make that determination from the beginning of any traffic stop. I think of the guy in Detroit who was charged with a felony because he pulled over in a parking lot in the first lighted lot he could find. A college student with no priors who had to deal with that mess on a traffic stop where he didn't even match the car that he was supposedly pulled over in suspicion of.

vCash

Except that you can't make that determination from the beginning of any traffic stop. I think of the guy in Detroit who was charged with a felony because he pulled over in a parking lot in the first lighted lot he could find. A college student with no priors who had to deal with that mess on a traffic stop where he didn't even match the car that he was supposedly pulled over in suspicion of.
    The cop didn't pull the guy over, walk up, and just shoot him in the head. So, that sentence makes no sense. The confrontation occurred when the victim became uncooperative.

That is where his mindset comes into play: what is the point of being uncooperative in a traffic stop? For 97% of people, nothing. For the criminal element, much. With as many crimes as that guy had in his background, he may not be able to keep up with whether or not he had an outstanding warrant.

So, knowing an officer would discover his license was suspended upon a check of it, and that there might be an outstanding warrant or two as well, you can see that his mindset could quickly turn to uncooperative.

If there is no criminal past, and no suspension of driving privileges, there is no logically point to being confrontational with an officer.

Both mindsets were at play, in my opinion. You had an inexperienced cop who ran across an experienced criminal. The results were, then, not to be totally unexpected.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

being in education...I hear this "pay teachers more they'd be better"...hate to burst the bubble, but us teachers don't sit around thinking...."dang, if they just paid us more we'd be more dedicated", doubt the police do that as well. Folks don't go into teaching for the money OR summer off, most work other jobs.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

your pulling out 2 out of 100's. Well, we can say the same thing, the anti-police group shows a few bad apples and says ALL cops are racist and bad...can't have it both ways.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    being in education...I hear this "pay teachers more they'd be better"...hate to burst the bubble, but us teachers don't sit around thinking...."dang, if they just paid us more we'd be more dedicated", doubt the police do that as well. Folks don't go into teaching for the money OR summer off, most work other jobs.
    Bingo!

vCash

You say Yer thinking of "That guy" Please tell us WHAT Guy?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Deleted
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.