Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: USA Today Coaches Poll out

I think Leach at Wazzu is a demonstration of the difference between coaching at a bottom-feeder school in a recruiting hotbed vs coaching at a bottom-feeder school in BFE.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    He's such a joke that he blazed an offensive trail through the Big 12.

I don't care what you and Patsy Jones say, he had Texas Tech one win away from playing to get into the BCS championship. No joke.
    And, the Wazzu fans get to be the punchline.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    I think Leach at Wazzu is a demonstration of the difference between coaching at a bottom-feeder school in a recruiting hotbed vs coaching at a bottom-feeder school in BFE.
    Although, with Leach, the result is the same - zero championships at both.

It would be interesting to make a list of coaches will the longest streak of coaching without winning a conference title. Leach is currently at 13.

People point to one single season, 2008, where Tech went 11-2. Still, the only season a Leach-coached team ever won more than nine games.

That season was a joke as well. Tech, at 11-1, goes to the Cotton Bowl to play Ole Miss, who had been 8-4 in their regular season. Result: Ole Miss pounded Tech 47-34.

Stupid. Leach's one "Golden Season" - the "he almost won a championship" year - he gets donkeyf*cked in a half-as*s bowl game by a school that didn't come close to winning its conference.

That's Leach to the core, friends and neighbors.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Speaking of Mikey, he still likes to ruffle feathers...
    “I don’t know why you don’t have 64 teams,” he said. “... The notion of pinpointing and selecting four perfectly, well that’s not going to happen. That can’t happen effectively.”[
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...4-team-playoff

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    They should be used to it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    as hard as it is to recruit to Lubbock, Pullman is even worse.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

A bit off topic, but I just can't criticize that '08 TT. They knocked off the horns in the most dramatic fashion I've ever seen which created the 3 way tie that saved OUr bacon. Then they were losing the last game of the season against Baylor with Crabtree out with a sprained ankle and Harrell playing with broken bones in his hand. They made another great comeback to save us again or the horns go to the CCG and eventually the BCS (they would have pounded Mizzou too). They did get roughed up by Ole Miss, but I watched that game and Crabtree was still hobbled and not effective and Harrell wasn't healed either, but played a courageous game. Can't say they would have won with a healthy Crabtree, but it would have been even more of a shootout and closer.

Had OUr guys won the BCS trophy that year, we would have owed TT a huge thanks or we never would have gotten there. If only...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    A bit off topic, but I just can't criticize that '08 TT. They knocked off the horns in the most dramatic fashion I've ever seen which created the 3 way tie that saved OUr bacon. Then they were losing the last game of the season against Baylor with Crabtree out with a sprained ankle and Harrell playing with broken bones in his hand. They made another great comeback to save us again or the horns go to the CCG and eventually the BCS (they would have pounded Mizzou too). They did get roughed up by Ole Miss, but I watched that game and Crabtree was still hobbled and not effective and Harrell wasn't healed either, but played a courageous game. Can't say they would have won with a healthy Crabtree, but it would have been even more of a shootout and closer.

Had OUr guys won the BCS trophy that year, we would have owed TT a huge thanks or we never would have gotten there. If only...
    lol, they did have a tremendous comeback against us to win that game but Leach bitched them the hell out in the locker room afterward!

vCash

PHKC BAYLOR!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

5 most overrated teams in the poll

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...n-coaches-poll

vCash

Wheedogies, we are honorable mention for most overrated!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Wheedogies, we are honorable mention for most overrated!
    I totally missed that, Ha

vCash

If we're going to make a list, I want to be at the top. I did notice a question in the article

Remember 2012 when the Trojans began the year ranked No. 1 and finished the season not ranked at all? That was fun, wasn't it?
    Yes I do. Yes it was.