Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: China and Iran...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    What's wrong with the Iran deal?

Have you watched/listened to Obama's 55 minute talk on it?
    Two things to come mind immediately...The President made an "agreement" with a country that still holds 4 Americans as hostages and the fact that ANY inspection will come with a 24 day notice before any inspectors can actually perform said inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Much of our deals with Russia were very weak. The task was to kick the can a little down the road for short term safety purposes. That all worked out....at least so far.

In my mind keeping Iran from going full nuclear is important for the next decade. At some point their western minded population is going to emerge and slowly migrate out the mullacracy. Just in the last 5 years they've softened significantly.

If we listen to the Tom Cotton's of the world we will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's my worry.

What's the alternative? I mean we're working with them on ISIS and against them on Yemen. Very odd.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The deal appears on the surface to have a lot of potential upside without much downside. The downside is that it returns to status quo with them getting sanctioned again and returning to all their current activities - bomb development and other. Over time, they are going to get increasing help from Russia and China regardless making sanctions less effective (unless we suddenly become friendlier with those two).

The upside is Iran coming out of it's shell and joining the world community. That will cause them to create more dependencies with other countries and thus be forced to behave accordingly. Once they have something of value, they wiil have something to lose. This is exactly why the hardliners in Iran are against this deal. They don't give a ratz azz about improving the standard of living of their people - they just want to maintain power. They know if Iran becomes more open, they risk losing power eventually.

My guess is that we're looking at status quo no matter what. The handwringers on both sides have a good chance of scuttling this deal before it gets started. If it does go through, something will happen due to all the distrust on both sides and the resulting pissing match will nullify it and it's back to where we are now.

vCash

Liberals, Livid, Say Chuck Schumer 'Unfit' to Lead Senate Dems

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chu...#ixzz3i9uaCfep

vCash

White House: Schumer's Decision 'Disappointing'

The decision by one of the top Democrats in the U.S. Senate to oppose the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers was "disappointing but not surprising," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Friday.

President Barack Obama's hopes of preserving the nuclear deal were dealt a blow on Thursday when New York's Schumer came out against it even as the White House tried to draw attention to other lawmakers who are backing the agreement.

Earnest told reporters that the Obama administration worked closely with Schumer to explain details of the deal even before it was signed in an effort to gain his support.

"Ultimately, it didn't turn out that way. I don't think anybody was surprised," Earnest said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/sch...#ixzz3i9vN38Nq

vCash

Schumer's not right very often. I guess for once he wanted to see what it was like?!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Two things to come mind immediately...The President made an "agreement" with a country that still holds 4 Americans as hostages and the fact that ANY inspection will come with a 24 day notice before any inspectors can actually perform said inspection.
    The 24 hour notice is for non-nuclear sites. The 4 prisoner deal has nothing to do with nuclear issue, Hezbollah, or Quds, or anything else.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Don't think they will have enough votes to overcome veto. It's okay for Chuck, his pockets just got a bit heavier with some AIPAC change.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    The 24 hour notice is for non-nuclear sites. The 4 prisoner deal has nothing to do with nuclear issue, Hezbollah, or Quds, or anything else.
    Then why the **** is it called a DEAL? What did the USA get out of this?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Obama got to have another pep rally and say look at me and how awesome I am. Why you think he's so butt-hurt that not everyone is celebrating with him?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Reduction of leu from 10,000 kilo to 300, not enough for a bomb. Breakout time has increased from roughly two months to a year. Heavy water facility at Arak dismantled and all plutonium production ends. Reduction of centrifuges. Historically intrusive inspection regime. The ability to inspect military sites such as Parchin, which is above and beyond Additional Protocol to NPT. And, if our dipsh*t Congress had a clue, numerous opportunities for aviation! transportation, banking, etc. However, many sanctions are left in place because they are not part of nuclear deal.

What do we lose?

vCash

Reduction of leu from 10,000 kilo to 300, not enough for a bomb. Breakout time has increased from roughly two months to a year. Heavy water facility at Arak dismantled and all plutonium production ends. Reduction of centrifuges. Historically intrusive inspection regime. The ability to inspect military sites such as Parchin, which is above and beyond Additional Protocol to NPT. And, if our dipsh*t Congress had a clue, numerous opportunities for aviation! transportation, banking, etc. However, many sanctions are left in place because they are not part of nuclear deal.

What do we lose?
    Facts. Sell that crap somewhere else. We're all full up here. [/Jack Nicholson from As Good As It Gets]

vCash

What do we lose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Facts. Sell that crap somewhere else. We're all full up here. [/Jack Nicholson from As Good As It Gets]
    Lib Idiots.
    Show us this "DEAL"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

OBOTS

vCash

Solid responses, sound reasoning, and obviously answered the question posed. Well done.

vCash

Solid responses, sound reasoning, and obviously answered the question posed. Well done.
    Ok Sir, Im going to ask you to SHOW me the Deal ok? Whats In this DEAL for us?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You're just sposed to take Obammy's and the sheep's word that it's a good deal okay?!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Show you the deal? Wtf, google it. I just listed several items in the deal that we "got". What else do you get out of a nuclear deal, a Persian rug and a lifetime supply of pistachios?

Instead of pics of old Wendy's adds, cool remarks like obots, and the like, why don't the dissenters articulate it is what the USA loses in this deal.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

What do we lose?
    Who is performing the insepctions?