Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Cowherd gone from espn NOW!

He will not be back on espn because he "offended the MLB players union" . That's all you have to do these days is offend somebody and you're done. It's the magic word.

59 minutes ago AP - Sports
    NEW YORK (AP) -- ESPN says radio host Colin Cowherd won't be on the air again before leaving the network in the wake of his remarks about major league baseball players from the Dominican Republic.
    The network said Friday that ''Colin will no longer appear on ESPN.'' The statement said Cowherd's comments ''do not reflect the values of ESPN or our employees.''
    Cowherd said Thursday that he didn't believe baseball was complex, saying a third of the sport was from the Dominican Republic, which had ''not been known, in my lifetime, as having, you know, world-class academic abilities.''
    ESPN said earlier this month that Cowherd was leaving the network amid reports he's going to Fox Sports 1.
    Cowherd said Friday that he didn't intend to offend anyone with his remarks.
    ''I realize my choice of words was poor and not reflective of who I am. I am sorry,'' he said.
    Major League Baseball and its players' union issued statements Friday calling Cowherd's comments ''offensive.''

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Cowherd gone from espn NOW!

This is a bad crime even for the PC police.

vCash

Welp, that's a crock of ****.

I actually kind of like Cowherd.

vCash

Maybe he'll go to Fox with Erin Andrews!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Maybe he'll go to Fox with Erin Andrews!
    No maybe to it; that's where he was heading before this took place. This was nothing more than a little nyah nyah by ESPN on his way out the door.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...where was he wrong?

...sour grapes, espn, like a jilted lover you'll act the fool

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    No maybe to it; that's where he was heading before this took place. This was nothing more than a little nyah nyah by ESPN on his way out the door.
    Man...I'm really good at predictions!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I listened to both the before and after soundbytes. The original argument was dumb that the apology was not an apology.

If you're going to say that baseball is a sport for the uneducated, say that it's something that kids play before they go to school, before they learn to read, before they learn any other sport. Don't make up a statistic about how many MLB players are from the DR that isn't even true and pretend that college educations make for smarter sports.

I don't think he would have been fired if he wasn't heading to Fox. They would have given him a Stephen A Smith two-week off-air suspension then go back to enjoying high radio ratings

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

+1 ^
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Baseball is a game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    then you lolligag to first?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I have bad baseball memories as a kid, from getting a home run to the forehead (they gave you quarters for returning those!) to the usual cruel picking of teams crap intended to exclude the short and weak

So just to be clear: Baseball schmaseball. It has refused to get with the times and its fanbase has aged accordingly

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Meh. I'll give baseball a pass. I recently really enjoyed an OKC Dodgers game...and could actually afford seats five rows behind home plate. And beer.
    There are many 'sports' that are less demanding of overall fitness: Golf comes to mind.
    Then there are those like basketball, lacrosse and soccer which are simply impossible without pretty fantastic conditioning.
    Football is arguably more of a religio-cultural event. A gladiatorial spectacle that fulfills our need for inter-group warfare in times of peace.
    It's all good.
    And relatively well arranged: we have baseball in summer. A 'sport' that allows for a viewer to wander off to get food and drink for minutes at a time without missing anything of importance. And to do so, best, in the comfort of an air conditioned home.
    Football, on the other hand, is a colder weather event. Something enjoyed outdoors, in bad/cold weather, with lots of alcohol.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    You may not like baseball, but it's as much of a sport as it gets.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

As a side note, he was "nice" to Jim Harbaugh.