SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Sooners in the NFL 2015

Hey badger, I hear Jermaine Gresham is talking to the Packers.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Sooners in the NFL 2015

I've heard that as well, but I think he's also talked to the Cards and Saints, so who knows where he'll end up. I assume not Cincy, since they didn't already resign him.

Jermaine Gresham on Packers + Aaron Ripkowski on Packers = Almost makes me forget the disappointment I felt when Blake Bell went to the 49ers instead.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hey, hey, hey, some of us are GLAD Blake Bell is a 49er. Also, Trey Millard.

vCash

Sorry Badger, Jermaine signed a one year deal with Arizona. Joins Tony Jefferson. Good luck to him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, some of us are GLAD Blake Bell is a 49er.
    Yeah, but those people hate Blake Bell.

vCash

While I'd love more sooner packers I'm just happy JG landed somewhere. This should have been his cash-in offseason but hopefully he will get it after a good season with zona.

As for Blake, after the way he switched from belldozing to TE, more power to him getting his sweet 4th round deal. It's much higher than he would have gone as a QB. Trey hopefully will bounce back after a season out on injury.

vCash

I've been trying to find training camp news where I can, and there's a very positive development out of Pittsburgh:
    http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/ind...s_qb_reps.html

Our former meerkat legend had been struggling at the pro level but has managed to make it to this point, which will hopefully be his third NFL season even if he's never entered an actual game (3 seasons = full NFL pension!).

The news had been abysmal all offseason... up until Thursday:
    LATROBE -- The majority of quarterback snaps belonged to Landry Jones at Pittsburgh Steelers training camp on Thursday.

Of the 51 11-on-11 plays at Day 4 of practice, Jones got 28 of them. Tyler Murphy took 14 and Tajh Boyd and Ben Roethlisberger each got four.

"I thought he did some nice things today with the extra snaps we gave him. And that's all you're looking for," head coach Mike Tomlin said. "When you take the time to give a guy an extra snap or two, you'd like to see him take advantage of it with execution and I thought he did it."
    The general consensus up to this point was that Landry was going to get cut, because Tahj Boyd had the greater upside and LJ hadn't shown very much up to this point... BUT:
    Boyd...four fumbles at Wednesday's practice
    There is nothing more important than the player that gets to handle the ball on every play to take care of it. Tahj is as good as cut if he keeps fumbling.

Other NFL notes of note:
    - The Vikings were in camp last week, so they've already moved onto full pad practice. AD said he was a bit gassed yesterday, but his worst is still better than everyone else's best so... meh. Tyrus Thompson and Phil Loadholt are also with Minny.
    - Aaron Ripkowski is looking to be a final roster guy with the Packers, even if they decide to keep John Kuhn another season. Can't be happier for the former walk-on Belldozer lead blocker... and he apparently rode a kid's bike to practice with the rest of his teammates 10th photo in here:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo...6ac6ac849.html
    - Kenny Stills, who was part of the Saints offseason purge, is excelling in Dolphins camp so far and maybe he'll return punts too:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...ea411aa03.html

I am very, very interested in 49ers new if anyone has any, because that's where the other two parts of the Belldozer trifecta currently reside (Blake Bell himself and other lead blocker, Trey Millard). If anyone hears or sees anything, please share?

Oh, and since this thread was originally about Gresham, he's been put on PUP list by Cards, as expected, fyi:
    http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...c-0f502623cf6f

Whenever he's fully recovered from whatever delayed his free agency payday, expect greatness!

vCash

Thompson and Loadholt got high grades in drills, reportedly. Tress Way is also booming punts in early camp.

vCash

Oh, and since this thread was originally about Gresham, he's been put on PUP list by Cards, as expected, fyi:
    http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...c-0f502623cf6f

Whenever he's fully recovered from whatever delayed his free agency payday, expect greatness!
    And he's off the PUP list and activated!

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/.../?spt=slh&or=1

vCash

Nice piece on Tress Way with some great quotes.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...d18e83a61.html

vCash

Blake makes good impression in first pre-season game:

Anyway, I did like what I saw from the tight ends in general. I thought Bell, in particular, looked solid. He caught the two passes that went his way for 15 yards, and looked good running his routes. He didn't look nearly as raw as I thought he might -- I was honestly expecting him to do virtually nothing for quite awhile. That's not the case, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else he can do in the future.

vCash

I love seeing Red River play out at the pro level From last night's game...

You might wonder if the Mr. Whorny will be the skins starter if RG3 can't heal his bruised ego. Here's your answer:

There really seems to be a lack of quality QBing around the NFL lately. Or maybe the really good ones are making the bad ones look worse

vCash

Sam Bradford acquitted himself well in his first preseason action against the Baltimore Ravens. He was 3/5 passing as he led an 84 yard scoring march in the first series. That was all for the night as Chip Kelley probably had visions of disaster since Sam took a couple of hard knocks to his legs. Terrell Suggs was a punk on one of the tackles. He may be fined for the cheap shot. Anyway, Sam held up just fine.

I might have been a little too giddy seeing him and Murray play together again

vCash

Congratulations to Trent Williams for bagging a 5 year, $66,000,000 deal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We should get the pick of the OT recruits every year. We get lots of them high draft picks and Trent is now the highest paid OT in the NFL (for now).

vCash

Bradford killed it today. 11 for 11 and 3 TDs before he was pulled. Let this be a fresh start for him. I just wanna see him finish a season playing like we know he can.
    Last edited by soonergirlNeugene; 8/29/2015 at 08:54 PM.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Hey Badge, I hear Green Bay might need a receiver:

Lions, Broyles parting ways

Posted by Zac Jackson on August 31, 2015, 9:07 AM EDT
    AP
    The Lions and Ryan Broyles are parting ways, two days after the wide receiver asked for his release in a meeting with general manager Martin Mayhew.

A second-round pick in 2012, Broyles has been slowed by injuries and caught 32 passes in just 21 games. He tore his right ACL last December — it was a left ACL injury late in his college career that probably kept him from being a first-round pick — and his 2013 season was cut short by a ruptured Achilles.

Broyles tweeted a thank you to the organization and to Lions fans early Monday morning. He hadn’t been playing much this preseason and was very much on the outside of a crowded battle for wide receiver jobs behind Calvin Johnson andGolden Tate.

vCash

My hope as a fan is that what he's thinking when he asks for his release. However, I just hope he catches on anywhere, because he has come a long way from the indecisive recruit that wavered between us and Poke and then had to a sit out a season on gas thievery. He ran great routes for us and deserved his second-round pick status... but is it the Lions, or is it him that caused his NFL career to be mediocre thus far?

At this point, every WR that gets cut is having their agent call the Packers. Hopefully, familiarity with him from being in the NFC North gives him a leg up on others.

vCash

Jalen Saunders traded from Saints to Patriots.

Trey Millard cut by the 49ers (damn).