Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tennessee game

Re: Tennessee game

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaSooner View Post
    Thanks vol. Any suggestions on things to do/see while in town? Restaurant/bar absolutely have to go to?
    My wife and I travel about 90 miles to the games and are not really into the bar scene, but maybe I can point you in the right direction. "The Strip" on Cumberland Ave. (just north of Neyland Stadium) and the Old City section of downtown Knoxville are both known for the night life with plenty of bars/grills. I do know a few restaurants though. Puleo's Grill (exit 398 on I-40 and several other Knoxville locations) is one of our favorites. Calhoun's on the River (Neyland Drive very near the stadium) is very good but can get crowded on game days. Ye Ole Steakhouse (about 5 miles south of downtown on Chapman Hwy) is another I would recommend. If you want you can peak at their menus online. Market Square Mall in downtown has lots of small shops and bar/grills. One I hear a lot of positive about is Café 4. If you are staying for a few days, I would suggest visiting Cade's Cove near Townsend and The Great Smoky Mountains. There is also Pigeon Forge and Dollywood. Hope this helps you out some.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 n8v_ndn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSooner View Post
    Go to ChoiceHotelsDotCom. Plenty of rooms that weekend. Don't know exactly how close to stadium. After keying in Knoxville, TN came up with Comfort Suites, Clarion, Comfort Inn ranging from $98 per night to $229 per night anywhere from 4.7 miles to 13 miles "from Knoxville" but all within City of Knoxville address. And cheaper rates at Quality Inn, Roadway...
    Another idea, google Gatlinburg Lodging. 60 miles from the stadium and right at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Lots of very nice hotels and prices are cheap for multi night stays...like stay 3 nights and get one night free.
    Thanks man! We're planning to drive in from Austin and didn't bother looking in Knoxville, figuring they were booked solid. I wasn't looking forward to getting back on the road after the game to find a room at a decent rate outside of Knoxville.

Found a room 10 minutes from the campus.
    "Texas is no closer to being a strong, physical team than it was before Mack’s proclamation he wanted to out-SEC his Big 12 opponents. OU owned both lines of scrimmage and, well, everything else. Texas remains a finesse team."

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    My husband and I were in Tennessee to play golf, and on a rainy day decided to drive to see the famous Tennessee stadium. One, it is in the middle of town, with hills everywhere, poor parking, and since half of the stadium is on the river, this limits traffic flow. Also, it just looked like a big metal hulk. UGLY!
    Although I reluctantly have to agree with you, it still hurts me deep to hear opposing fans call our little stadium "UGLY". Recent renovations to the north and east concourses/outer face of the stadium have helped, but much more is needed. The real beauty of Neyland, though, lies on the inside. The sea of orange in the stands, checkerboard end zones, and 102,455 singing "Rocky Top" are just parts of the atmosphere that few stadiums can match. I just hope that you and your husband can make it back on Sept. 12 to get the total view of Neyland Stadium.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by volpops View Post
    Although I reluctantly have to agree with you, it still hurts me deep to hear opposing fans call our little stadium "UGLY". Recent renovations to the north and east concourses/outer face of the stadium have helped, but much more is needed. The real beauty of Neyland, though, lies on the inside.
    The sea of orange
    in the stands, checkerboard end zones, and 102,455 singing "Rocky Top" are just parts of the atmosphere that few stadiums can match. I just hope that you and your husband can make it back on Sept. 12 to get the total view of Neyland Stadium.
    Would make me Puke LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

"Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

vCash