Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Looks like Tulsa Shock are leaving

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...315a07318.html

OU has had some ties to the franchise since it came to our fair state back in 2010 and even before.

Both Paris twins spoke in favor of Tulsa as a host city, with Ashley saying she would love to play here. Courtney already had a team at the time, but she is now with the Shock as well.

Amanda Thompson (the post player who could make a shot from inside and mid-range with ease during our most recent Final Four runs) was the Tulsa Shock's first first round pick, even though she ended up getting cut mid-season. Sherri Coale was a regular at courtside that inaugural season until that happened.

The Tulsa Shock also had former OSU standout Andrea Riley for awhile but not currently. Not sure what happened to her.

OU has had many WNBA picks over the years, including three first round picks after our first final four back in 2002 (Stacey Dales, LaNeisha Caufield and the late Rosalind Ross). Our best WNBA player to-date is probably Danielle Robinson, who was drafted for and is still with the San Antonio Stars.

Long post short, goodbye Tulsa Shock. I only went to one game in its inaugural year, when the arena atmosphere (everything that was loud and annoying was both times a million) made NP swear off ever going to another game. I was hoping to take my daughter, but doesn't look likely now. Maybe.

To our Dallas-Fort Worth area Sooners, please attend at least once in our absence. Hopefully mistakes made in Tulsa will make the DFW franchise a lot more fan-friendly there

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Looks like Tulsa Shock are leaving

Oh No....!!!!!!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

I blame Brit's ex wife.

vCash

I blame Brit's ex wife.
    ONLY because you brought her up, ONLY ONLY ONLY...

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/1...rittney-griner

Glory Johnson is seeking temporary spousal support and attorney fees from Brittney Griner, who petitioned to annul their marriage.

Court documents filed June 29 in Maricopa County, Arizona, detail Johnson's request that Griner pay $20,000 per month in spousal support, plus a $10,000 advancement toward attorney fees for Johnson's counsel.
    There's a lot to blame for Shock leaving, but considering that the Connecticut Sun are profitable, perhaps they can find a home in Waco, be home to Baylor's past relics and draw as many as your college team. Hell, they already have Odyssey Sims. You BUs will just have to get accustomed to cheering CP3 instead of booing

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Dallas has already had failed women's pro basketball leagues here. Why again?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Dallas has already had failed women's pro basketball leagues here. Why again?
    The problem with pro leagues in the U.S. is that the owners, unlike the fans, don't have a pro team just to enjoy the sport at the highest level with civic pride and role models for the kiddos etc etc that makes cities and state write off the stadium costs as the price of having an expensive toy to play with and enjoy.

Owners in the U.S., unlike pro leagues worldwide, think of their sports teams as financial investments that need to make money.

So, Dallas is bigger than Tulsa, Dallas has more butts it can put in seats that Tulsa, Dallas has wealthier clientele than Tulsa, Dallas Dallas Dallas.

Problem with the equation:
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...dies/WNBA.aspx

San Antonio, Minnesota, Connecticut, Indiana, Phoenix and Seattle were the league’s six profitable teams last year.
    What major market do you see among those teams? I don't have stats for 2015 since the season's still going on, but the place WNBA teams make a profit is where they don't have tons of competition, can have a strong local following, etc.

Does that mean Tulsa? Not necessarily, but it's easier to get in the black in a small market with lower expenses than a big market with high overhead... and let's face it, Dallas isn't going to attend and spend for a team that wins 3 to 12 games a year (12-22 was Tulsa Shock's best season, achieved last year).

I hope the WNBA turns down the option to move and the majority owner sells. If he wants a Texas WNBA franchise, resurrect the Houston Comets