Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash

Re: The only difference is the video was or wasn't released.

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Fetish?
    I'm suggesting it as a possibility?!?!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Fetish?
    In just about every Mixon thread, we've all come to the same conclusion.

(BTW, watch out for FaninAma)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    There is a difference - Mixon knocked the girl out; Johnson didn't. That's why Mixon's video is more like Ray Rice's than DeAndre Johnson's. Having seen all three, Mixon's is easily the worst of them.
    "SARCASM"

Maybe Mixon just got in a cleaner shot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    "SARCASM"

Maybe Mixon just got in a cleaner shot.
    He keeps saying HE"S seen the Mixon Vid. When asked When? Where? he disappears for awhile.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post
    I don't know what the right solution is for these situations. I do agree that the violence is inexcusable and should not go unpunished or be condoned in any way. Regardless of the situation, it is never OK to hit somebody else, particularly when there is such a size/strength disparity. And I don't buy the fact that this is just testosterone and adrenaline. There are literally millions of college students who manage to go through their entire undergraduate education without physically assaulting anybody. And if there really is something inherent about football or sports that makes these guys more violent, then that's a major problem that needs to be addressed, or we should just end the sport entirely. It is not alright for athletes to physically assault people.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the appropriate punishment is. I don't think it's fair to say that if a person makes a mistake like this that their entire life should be over and they should never be able to 1) complete their education and 2) have the opportunity to earn a living as a professional athlete. If the person has served a suspension and dealt with other appropriate penalties from the University and/or the legal system, then at some point they should be able to move on with their lives and potentially develop into a contributing member of society and their community. I'm not sure what is accomplished by taking away those opportunities, if a person is willing to reform themselves and has served out a reasonable penalty.

If it's a repeat problem, or if it's an extreme case where the victim is disabled for life or something, then that's probably different. But otherwise, I generally think people deserve a second chance, whether they are an athlete or not.
    bull crap...if someone is attacking me I have a LEGAL right to defend myself...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

With as drunk as Mixon's attacker sounds, she probably would have passed out had he completely whiffed.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    bull crap...if someone is attacking me I have a LEGAL right to defend myself...
    If you are a D1 Athlete and are being "attacked" by an unarmed college female, and you have to resort to aggressive physical violence to deal with the situation, then there are a whole host of decision-making and conflict resolution skills that need to be addressed. There are tons of options to deal with that scenario that allow you to defend yourself but don't involve throwing a closed fist punch that knocks the other person to the ground.

vCash

If you are a D1 Athlete and are being "attacked" by an unarmed college female, and you have to resort to aggressive physical violence to deal with the situation, then there are a whole host of decision-making and conflict resolution skills that need to be addressed.
    Are you really this moronic?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    LOL. You are the one arguing that college athletes are just too hyped up on testosterone and adrenaline (roid rage?) to keep from physically assaulting people.

vCash

If you are a D1 Athlete and are being "attacked" by an unarmed college female, and you have to resort to aggressive physical violence to deal with the situation, then there are a whole host of decision-making and conflict resolution skills that need to be addressed. There are tons of options to deal with that scenario that allow you to defend yourself but don't involve throwing a closed fist punch that knocks the other person to the ground.
    I suspect you're the type that would let someone beat your a** and you'd just take it and like it!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

LOL. You are the one arguing that college athletes are just too hyped up on testosterone and adrenaline (roid rage?) to keep from physically assaulting people.
    No Dude I said it was a contributing factor.You keep calling him a College D-1 Athlete But seem to not recall he was celebrating his 18th B-day. Oh and dont use words like Roid rage and try to insinuate I said them . If you cant tell the Dif. between a High octane thoroughbred and a Shetland circus pony I feel for you,

vCash

He doesn't like aggressive physical violence.

Those must be the hot-button words they learned in his support group.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I suspect you're the type that would let someone beat your a** and you'd just take it and like it!
    I have a feeling this person is a tiddly winks player or a towel boy somewhere

vCash

I have a feeling this person is a tiddly winks player or a towel boy somewhere
    It's that obvious isn't it?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    It's that obvious isn't it?
    Yup.

vCash

Maybe we can have him over for tea and cookies and work on our conflict resolution skills?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. And, he's supposedly getting that help in decision-making and conflict resolution. His decision was wrong all the way around. And, when you throw in that his attorney claims he was sober, you understand that he needed to learn how to deal with those situations even moreso.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

You keep saying you've seen the Mixon Vid. Share a Link, Or are you a secret member of the Media also?
    A link to it was posted on landthieves last August, then taken down after about three hours. That's where many non-media people saw it. If you are 100% married and faithful to soonerfans.com, you missed it.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Fact: Not all people react the same way when instigated and punched/slapped/pushed. We can sit up here on our high horses and say we must only react in this manner because we are civilized and like our wine and cheese, but unless it happens to you, you never know. I was brought up to never hit a girl and never have. But I've also never had one get physical with me (fighting physical, not sexy time physical) so I can't say for sure what I'd do. I'm pretty level headed and am pretty sure I'd stay cool, but the face is like a trigger for some and the defense mechanism light comes on as a reflex. I think that in both Mixon's case and the FSU kid's case that neither guy ends up hitting a girl if she didn't initiate the physical contact. That is not an unimportant detail.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    A link to it was posted on landthieves last August, then taken down after about three hours. That's where many non-media people saw it. If you are 100% married and faithful to soonerfans.com, you missed it.
    You just get more pathetic IMHO . You should know Im not the most loved person around here nor do I GAF. LT? Hardly ever venture there tho.

If that Vid was Up , was it Verified? Who posted it? And as smart as they all think they are why isnt there a Million copys circulating?