Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

The only difference is the video was or wasn't released.

Of the two incidents between Mixon and Johnson there were no differences other than the videos release, no other differences what so ever, case closed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...mixon-plays-on

vCash

Re: The only difference is the video was or wasn't released.

well, who knows if he'll be back on the team next year...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Perhaps. But Mixon was subjected to a full legal review followed by a full administrative review. The latter resulted in not insignificant punishment.
    Further, the angelic princess victimized by our brutish Othello has, for her part remained dead silent since. One wonders whither went her several outstanding criminal 'disagreements' with law enforcement, state and local. And one wonders, presuming the hermeticity of her case why no civil suit has been filed; or, indeed, why her legal beagles have requested their very own copy of the damning tape.
    So much mystery in such an obvious case.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

"...have NOT requested..."
    Sorry

Sooner Benchwarmer Harris County Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

It looks like she took a swing at Johnson first. Not a justification but a mitigation.
    "To this day, Schnellenberger is not held in high esteem by Sooner fans, in part because he made no secret of his lack of interest in the program's history."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Perhaps. But Mixon was subjected to a full legal review followed by a full administrative review. The latter resulted in not insignificant punishment.
    Further, the angelic princess victimized by our brutish Othello has, for her part remained dead silent since. One wonders whither went her several outstanding criminal 'disagreements' with law enforcement, state and local. And one wonders, presuming the hermeticity of her case why no civil suit has been filed; or, indeed, why her legal beagles have requested their very own copy of the damning tape.
    So much mystery in such an obvious case.
    I'm not defending or comparing so much the offense, but the response may not be that different. How was Mixon's initially worded?

Honestly, I don't care much who they are punching. They shouldn't be punching anyone. A 130lb male student would have been just as defenseless against your average 5 star RB and they should understand that as athletes IMO

vCash

You're of course correct. When it happens, however, you have to do something in response. People differ as to what's appropriate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    You're of course correct. When it happens, however, you have to do something in response. People differ as to what's appropriate.
    How dare an 18 to 22 year old Have a testosterone fueled rage.
    We should make every D1 player take Zoloft daily and then tell them Football is changin to Flag ball and carry flowers in their helmet
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

at what age are you responsible for your own actions? 30?

vCash

He didn't commit premeditated murder. Therefore, death is too much. So, you then start backing the penalty down on the basis of mitigating factors. Ends up a judgment call.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    at what age are you responsible for your own actions? 30?
    I didnt say To not hold em responsible Im saying its kinda stupid to think an 18 yr old Who has the testosterone and adrenalin pumping AINT gonna be thinking straight!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    How dare an 18 to 22 year old Have a testosterone fueled rage.
    We should make every D1 player take Zoloft daily and then tell them Football is changin to Flag ball and carry flowers in their helmet
    Or change it to sarcastaball

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

It seems to me that a year "away" from the team is being held responsible...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

There's another difference between the two as well --- Florida State was becoming notorious for protecting football players, seemingly with the cooperation of local law enforcement.

It took Heisman Jameis standing in broad daylight around fellow FSU students active on twitter yelling "F---- her in the p----" for FSU to discipline their beloved football hero.

If this was the 80s and SI just did a cover on OU getting away with terrorizing campus or whatever the hell the headline was, then the situations would be the same, aside from one video being public and the other video not being released. In this case, Norman law enforcement and OU get a bit of benefit of the doubt here.

However, if Mixon's video were released publicly, the punishments would have likely been the same: Kicked off the team permanently.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Of the two incidents between Mixon and Johnson there were no differences other than the videos release, no other differences what so ever, case closed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...mixon-plays-on
    There is a difference - Mixon knocked the girl out; Johnson didn't. That's why Mixon's video is more like Ray Rice's than DeAndre Johnson's. Having seen all three, Mixon's is easily the worst of them.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    There is a difference - Mixon knocked the girl out; Johnson didn't. That's why Mixon's video is more like Ray Rice's than DeAndre Johnson's. Having seen all three, Mixon's is easily the worst of them.
    You keep saying you've seen the Mixon Vid. Share a Link, Or are you a secret member of the Media also?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You keep saying you've seen the Mixon Vid. Share a Link, Or are you a secret member of the Media also?
    He seems to be proud of having seen all the black guys punching chicks videos. Maybe there's a black market for that kind of thing?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I don't know what the right solution is for these situations. I do agree that the violence is inexcusable and should not go unpunished or be condoned in any way. Regardless of the situation, it is never OK to hit somebody else, particularly when there is such a size/strength disparity. And I don't buy the fact that this is just testosterone and adrenaline. There are literally millions of college students who manage to go through their entire undergraduate education without physically assaulting anybody. And if there really is something inherent about football or sports that makes these guys more violent, then that's a major problem that needs to be addressed, or we should just end the sport entirely. It is not alright for athletes to physically assault people.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the appropriate punishment is. I don't think it's fair to say that if a person makes a mistake like this that their entire life should be over and they should never be able to 1) complete their education and 2) have the opportunity to earn a living as a professional athlete. If the person has served a suspension and dealt with other appropriate penalties from the University and/or the legal system, then at some point they should be able to move on with their lives and potentially develop into a contributing member of society and their community. I'm not sure what is accomplished by taking away those opportunities, if a person is willing to reform themselves and has served out a reasonable penalty.

If it's a repeat problem, or if it's an extreme case where the victim is disabled for life or something, then that's probably different. But otherwise, I generally think people deserve a second chance, whether they are an athlete or not.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post
    I don't know what the right solution is for these situations. I do agree that the violence is inexcusable and should not go unpunished or be condoned in any way. Regardless of the situation, it is never OK to hit somebody else, particularly when there is such a size/strength disparity.
    And I don't buy the fact that this is just testosterone and adrenaline.
    There are literally millions of college students who manage to go through their entire undergraduate education without physically assaulting anybody. And if there really is something inherent about football or sports that makes these guys more violent, then that's a major problem that needs to be addressed, or we should just end the sport entirely. It is not alright for athletes to physically assault people.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the appropriate punishment is. I don't think it's fair to say that if a person makes a mistake like this that their entire life should be over and they should never be able to 1) complete their education and 2) have the opportunity to earn a living as a professional athlete. If the person has served a suspension and dealt with other appropriate penalties from the University and/or the legal system, then at some point they should be able to move on with their lives and potentially develop into a contributing member of society and their community. I'm not sure what is accomplished by taking away those opportunities, if a person is willing to reform themselves and has served out a reasonable penalty.

If it's a repeat problem, or if it's an extreme case where the victim is disabled for life or something, then that's probably different. But otherwise, I generally think people deserve a second chance, whether they are an athlete or not.
    Dont much care what YOU buy. I never said that was the entire cause . Simply stated these guys operate at a High degree and Level of Testosterone and Adrenalin, Much higher levels than say your band geek of tiddly winks players. That being said It is a Strong contributing factor.Mix in a possibility of some alcoholic spirits and its an explosion waiting to happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    He seems to be proud of having seen all the black guys punching chicks videos.
    Fetish?