Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

West Virgina and TCU have apparently returned a good portion of their allotment

OU ticket office whipped off an e-mail to season ticket holders for West Virginia and TCU tickets saying that the schools had not sold their entire allotment of visitors tickets. Guess the magic of TCU's 12-1 one-off season didn't light enough of the fanbase's fire to make the grueling three hour car trip up to Norman.

"This may be the only way for fans who don't have season tickets to purchase seats for the West Virginia and TCU games."
    Yes, true. Sign up Houston, Central Florida, and South Florida, and it will be the same.

Laughable. Hard to imagine Nebraska or Texas A&M not selling out their road allotments back in the day.

Anyway, they are on sale today through July 26th in "combo packs"...also comprised of left overs unsold by the opponents:

Boomer Combo gets you: Akron, Iowa State, and TCU
    Sooner Combo gets you: Tulsa, West Virginia, and Texas Tech

They are calling it the "Triple Option" combo. Seat locations vary for each game. Those who purchase one of these combos will be moved to the priority list for new season tickets when the stadium renovation is complete.

OU ticket office: 800-456-4668.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 7/10/2015 at 05:52 AM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: West Virgina and TCU has apparently returned a good portion of their allotment

OU home games aren't the hot ticket they once were.

But OU away games? Tennessee is reportedly charging $108 to see us!
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...877dc18bf.html

vCash

Re: West Virgina and TCU has apparently returned a good portion of their allotment

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    OU home games aren't the hot ticket they once were.

But OU away games? Tennessee is reportedly charging $108 to see us!
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...877dc18bf.html
    That's about right. Last season, OU home games against marquee opponents were, if I remember correctly, $110+ per ticket. So, that's about right for this type of game.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't put the blame on TCU and doubt if they returned any of their allotment. The game is in November; if the season goes the way they think it will, there will be lots of TCU fans buying their allotment until November. My bet is TCU does not return any tickets from their allotment until Monday before the game.
    So where are the TCU tickets coming from for the 3-fer sale? Unsold tickets across the stadium is my thought. The email makes it very clear that those selecting a 3 game pack will not necessarily sit in the same seat for each game. I selected my seats about May 23 for season tickets. Before I made my selection, I quickly counted the green dots of tickets available. I counted some 2300+ unsold tickets. There were none in sections 40, 36, or lower area of 35 in that count as they were not available to season ticket holders which are the visitor seats.
    I imagine West Virginia would return most of their allotment after taking care of players' parents; it is a long haul to Norman from Morgantown.

vCash

Texas A&M isn't even selling out at home much less road tickets.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSooner View Post
    I don't put the blame on TCU and doubt if they returned any of their allotment. The game is in November; if the season goes the way they think it will, there will be lots of TCU fans buying their allotment until November. My bet is TCU does not return any tickets from their allotment until Monday before the game.
    So where are the TCU tickets coming from for the 3-fer sale? Unsold tickets across the stadium is my thought. The email makes it very clear that those selecting a 3 game pack will not necessarily sit in the same seat for each game. I selected my seats about May 23 for season tickets. Before I made my selection, I quickly counted the green dots of tickets available. I counted some 2300+ unsold tickets. There were none in sections 40, 36, or lower area of 35 in that count as they were not available to season ticket holders which are the visitor seats.
    I imagine West Virginia would return most of their allotment after taking care of players' parents; it is a long haul to Norman from Morgantown.
    From the e-mail:
    The OU Athletics Department will offer a pair of three-game "Triple Option" football ticket combo packs for the 2015 home season at a price of $225 per seat. The tickets were originally reserved for opponents and returned to OU after going unclaimed.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

You all remember the "jump around" game of 2008? Texas Tech was begging OU to let them have their allotment back the week before the game and OU was like ummm... NO. That was the only game I've ever gone above face value to get inside the stadium and it was worth. every. penny. We ended up paying $125 a head for south endzone seats.

So yeah, some teams, to their disadvantage, return their allotment early, lest they get stuck with unsold tickets.