Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: OU president believes Mixon and Shannon will be 'better people'

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If you expand your omission from Sooner fans to include friends, family, and the entire black community, then yes, you're right. An LSU player could be completely set up, but we're not going to rush to his defense if he's kicked off. When do we ever give teenage athletes the benefit of the doubt if we don't have a personal interest?

I've heard nothing of the sort.

I'm not as willing as you are to punish somebody for simply being strong or powerful.
    I think your saying that fans (and anti-fans) have too much bias to be part of a legal process and I agree. That's why jurors are vetted before being seated. I'm trying to give my opinion outside of being an OU fan. I might not be interested if it were a USC player, but I think I would feel the same.

I was following the threads on LT about this incident and the ones that seemed the most credible said the back and forth between Mixon/Molitor started well before Picklemans. It was all verbal up until then, but Mixon was no angel during the escalation. Take with sacks of salt.

As far as "punishing" someone for being strong and powerful, that's not the case. At least not directly. The DA himself said that ultimately, Mixon was charged and Molitor was not due the respective damage inflicted. So legally, each person is accountable for their part of the outcome. The physical mis-match gets factored in implicitly. If Molitor happened to be some kind of Ninja warrior and broken Mixon's face with the 360 flying swan kick, she would have been charged. So Mixon was not charged for being a brute; he was charge for using that prowess for violence.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Mixon's punch was much worse. The video has to be somewhere. For about a two to three hour span last August, it was online at a news site before the DA's office made them take it down.

I saw it and it was ridiculously more violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

If the Mixon video does get out, it will be the end of him. Also, it will be the end of everyone who kept it down and gave Mixon a break. Believe me. It's as shocking as the Ray Rice video.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 7/8/2015 at 03:04 PM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Mixon's punch was much worse. The video has to be somewhere. For about a two to three hour span last August, it was online at a news site before the DA's office made them take it down.

I saw it and it was ridiculously move violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

If the Mixon video does get out, it will be the end of him. Also, it will be the end of everyone who kept it down and gave Mixon a break. Believe me. It's as shocking as the Ray Rice video.
    The end of him and them? Will they be executed?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

I saw it
    and it was ridiculously move violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

Why do I find this extremely hard to believe? Oh yea cause you have condemed the Kid from the very start.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Find it as hard to believe as you like, Olevet. When it is released, it'll be like the Ray Rice video.

That will end his playing days. It could also bring down Boren, Stoops, and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Find it as hard to believe as you like, Olevet. When it is released, it'll be like the Ray Rice video.

That will end his playing days.
    It could also bring down Boren, Stoops,
    and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.
    And THAT prospect just makes your Panties wet dont it!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

That will end his playing days. It could also bring down Boren, Stoops, and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.
    I bet not!

Boren is nothing if not a politician so he knows how to deal with these things, and Stoops, for as bad a football coach as he has become, has turned into a politician himself.

But you really got a woody for this kid. Maybe see someone about that?!?!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I bet not!

Boren is nothing if not a politician so he knows how to deal with these things, and Stoops, for as bad a football coach as he has become, has turned into a politician himself.

But you really got a woody for this kid. Maybe see someone about that?!?!
    Go read his thread in The SO about how hard he tried to help his "Wifes" Nephew. Dude is a Judgmental prick.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I do think the court of public opinion will be very hard on Joe Mixon if the video is ever released, as noted earlier. However, I do not think it will be "the end" of everyone who did not release it publicly, as it's not like it was public record. This was not a campus incident, it was in a bar/restaurant/whatever.

As such, either they have a lockbox lockdown on this video at OU, or are prepared to defend themselves in the court of public opinion on the oft chance TMZ gets ahold of it.

If you really think TMZ will never get it, remember that they were the ones that brought down Donald Sterling. All it took was an audio tape.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Go read his thread in The SO about how hard he tried to help his "Wifes" Nephew. Dude is a Judgmental prick.
    I haven't read any of that to this point. And being judgmental aside, I don't get his fixation on Joe Mixon? You'd think Mixon punched Mother Teresa the way he goes on and on. I half expect if he had the power he'd nominate the girl Mixon punched for sainthood.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Aw...I expect men to not hit women, and for my nephew not to smoke dope in my house. So harsh. I set the bar so high.

Amazing how liberal some folks here become when an OU player does something wrong, eh?

Sorry guys, I don't put on the crimson shades when it comes to men assaulting women. We'll see how many ultimately do once the video is seen nationwide. My guess is, not many will.

vCash

Aw...I expect men to not hit women, and for my nephew not to smoke dope in my house. So harsh. I set the bar so high.

Amazing how liberal some folks here become when an OU player does something wrong, eh?

Sorry guys, I don't put on the crimson shades when it comes to men assaulting women. We'll see how many ultimately do once the video is seen nationwide. My guess is, not many will.
    Yer such a Saint we should Canonize you.

vCash

Yeah, I'm really one to wear the crimson shades. I just don't think someone having lady parts exempts them from the stupidity of their actions. She acted like a man, she got treated as such.

I'm all about treating ladies as ladies - with every courtesy and manner of respect that a lady deserves. The key being you want to be treated like a lady - act like a lady.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Yeah, I'm really one to wear the crimson shades. I just don't think someone having lady parts exempts them from the stupidity of their actions. She acted like a man, she got treated as such.

I'm all about treating ladies as ladies - with every courtesy and manner of respect that a lady deserves. The key being you want to be treated like a lady - act like a lady.
    Yup.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Boren will survive if the video is released because he has the BoR wrapped around his little finger. He will run interference for Stoops so he will also survive. However, the national media will have a field day with the video and I don't think the faculty or students at OU will appreciate the hit OU's reputation will take on this issue. Boren will have used a large amount of his goodwill defending Mixon.....goodwill that he may need should the Big 12 conference situation deteriorate badly.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's football not a Nobel prize
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    If Molitor happened to be some kind of Ninja warrior and broken Mixon's face with the 360 flying swan kick, she would have been charged.
    I have my doubts.

So many women and feminist scream for equality without understanding the actual definition.

vCash

So many women and feminist scream for equality without understanding the actual definition
    NP and I had a discussion about this last night, how it's only equality when it's convenient. If I were to punch NP as hard as I could, I probably could not do more than bruise his face. If roles were reversed, I'd probably be out cold for an hour and maybe have broken bones too... so are things just the way they are?

Or, is it time to call a spade a spade -- this was a fight between two adults with both people being violent with each other. Does it matter that the person he fought with wasn't a male, more athletic, taller, bigger, etc?

So Joe Mixon served a year's suspension and should be able to move on with his life, correct? In the court of law, yes.

In the court of public opinion, no. If this video were to be made public, OU, the football program and OU, the university, would take a severe reputation hit. This reputation matters because recruiting, ticket sales, booster fundraising, etc. Is that the university you want your Merit Scholar sons and daughters? Is that the athletic program you want your 5-star athletes to play?

I am somewhat nervous for OU, because I highly suspect that somehow, some way, TMZ or someone else that will immediately share it with the world, will eventually get the tape.

I am not saying I condone this, I am simply calling a spade a spade. This is the way that things are, like it or not.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

One would think Stoops and Boren would both be girding their loins and making plans to deal with the crap throwing contest in the Media and among other football programs who are itching to shat on OU.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

One would think Stoops and Boren would both be girding their loins and making plans to deal with the crap throwing contest in the Media and among other football programs who are itching to shat on OU.
    As someone who watched the movie "42" last night, the best revenge on those against you in sports is winning. It's not kissing babies (Mack Brown), being bad with the media (Jim Harbaugh) or recruiting lots of five-stars (any SEC coach, winning or losing), it's winning. It's how Bob Stoops shut the SEC up after the Sugar Bowl. It was probably his most favorite win of the past year-ish (technically a 2014 game!)

After last season, I'd say that Bob Stoops needs to win regardless. David Boren needs a winning football coach to keep donors happy, too.