Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS-CARE 6-3

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: SCOTUS-CARE 6-3

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Since you are obviously smarter than me, what do you job creators propose that we do to assure that tens of thousands of working Americans don't go bankrupt from not having access to affordable health care?

It drives me crazy when I see a $25,000 air ambulance bill go against some $15/hour guy yet the same ambulance service will allow Blue Cross to pay $8,0000 and Medicare pay $6,500. It's the same way with hospital bills, the numbers are just larger.

I'm different from you guys because I don't propose that I have all the answers.
    Why is it incumbent upon us (collectively speaking) to do anything?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

But Obamacare will solve all these problem right?---------What about the poor saps that now have a $5,000 plus deductible-----Or please tell me what to tell people that I will have to give them less coverage or they will have a "Cadillac Plan " and be taxed----------This stupid bill does nothing to address the real problems

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---You need to broaden your experience----This is just another ill- conceived Gov't program that they have no idea what it will cost or do to the Country
    It's designed well by the left, to head us towards full-on single payer socialized medicine, in time.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Since you are obviously smarter than me, what do you job creators propose that we do to assure that tens of thousands of working Americans don't go bankrupt from not having access to affordable health care?

It drives me crazy when I see a $25,000 air ambulance bill go against some $15/hour guy yet the same ambulance service will allow Blue Cross to pay $8,0000 and Medicare pay $6,500. It's the same way with hospital bills, the numbers are just larger.

I'm different from you guys because I don't propose that I have all the answers.
    That's the stupidest thing I've read yet. People go bankrupt for all sorts of reasons. It's not my responsibility to bail everyone out.

The short answer is simple: don't jughead your money and you won't go broke, no matter what the cause.

Also, your scenario does nothing but reinforce the problem we've already identified - Big Insurers. They won today, okay? We understand that.

Further, show me the financials of the air ambulance before you try to turn me against them. Everybody running a business has overhead. I know from selling the coverage that, at minimum, the liability costs for anything that moves through the air is high. Not to mention the cost of complying with regulation.

Sorry. Air ambulances aren't charities. Don't beef with them. Beef with the insurers and the politicians - of both parties - who protect them.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Exactly.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Thanks for the heads up. Those 20 years in health care and the MBA haven't done me any good.
    SAU* has taught you well, unfortunately

*Saul Alinsky U.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Then why do we have cumpulsary auto insurance?

The system is broken. Romneycare does a good job of putting a finger in the hole. The Medicaid expansion was the way to go. Actually, the way to go was a single payer. That would have fixed everything.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    SAU* has taught you well, unfortunately

*Saul Alinsky U.
    You mean the University of Oklahoma?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    It's designed well by the left, to head us towards full-on single payer socialized medicine, in time.
    ---Like my Canadian friends say---- Their system works great unless you get sick-----I know two Canadians that had their fathers die waiting on open heart surgery

vCash

The system is broken. Romneycare does a good job of putting a finger in the hole. The Medicaid expansion was the way to go. Actually, the way to go was a single payer. That would have fixed everything.
    ---You don't have to own a car---you have to buy health insurance

vCash

Compulsory auto insurance is to protect third parties from liabilities you might create in operating a motor vehicle.

You notice that there is no compulsory law requiring everyone to carry Comprehensive and Collision coverage. That's first party coverage, your own for the damage to your own car. The state could give a crap about your car being repaired.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Your comparison only makes sense if the state required Comprehensive and Collision coverage.

Understand insurance, please, before you comment on it. And, don't try to compare health insurance with property and casualty insurance. It's not the same animal.

vCash

We do not have compulsory Automobile Insurance. Nobody is forced to buy Auto Insurance because nobody is forced to drive a car.

vCash

You're not forced to buy health insurance. You can pay the relatively minor penalty. Less than a ticket for driving without auto insurance.

vCash

You're not forced to buy health insurance. You can pay the relatively minor penalty. Less than a ticket for driving without auto insurance.
    ---Which makes Obama care an even bigger joke-----And guess what the penalty goes up over time

vCash

What alternate universe are you living in? http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/acacalculator.cfm

When did a traffic ticket begin to cost thousands of dollars?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    What alternate universe are you living in? http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/acacalculator.cfm

---Don't confuse a Liberal with facts

vCash

Then you are being forced to pay for not having health insurance which is unacceptable also.

vCash

Then you are being forced to pay for not having health insurance which is unacceptable also.
    And you have to pay for your own Air Ambulance

vCash

Tyranny!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post

$95 penalty in 14.