Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SCOTUS-CARE 6-3

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: SCOTUS-CARE 6-3

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    So the Heritage Foundation was wrong? Maybe they're wrong about supply side economics as well.
    ---Still waiting on the example of Big Gov't creating more jobs than the Private economy-----Did you ever think that the reason the US is a rich country could be because of Capitalism----ever had that thought?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---Still waiting on the example of Big Gov't creating more jobs than the Private economy-----Did you ever think that the reason the US is a rich country could be because of Capitalism----ever had that thought?
    Not sure when I promised that. Government can help. Roll back NAFTA. Offer tax incentives to being job creators.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Not sure when I promised that. Government can help. Roll back NAFTA. Offer tax incentives to being job creators.
    --- How about have the Gov't get out of
    the way and not try and "Help"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

--- How about have the Gov't get out of
    the way and not try and "Help"
    _issing into the wind, my friend.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

---Again please show me where Gov't does a better job of creating jobs than free enterprise----Go ahead and show me an example from any country----I can hardly wait for you to show me the light
    There is no place where government creates more jobs than free enterprise does. But there are times when it does - like the Great Depression. CCC and WPA created jobs when free enterprise couldn't or wouldn't. It's true that they didn't end the Great Depression - WWII did. But they kept body and soul together for millions of people. Liberals think that's a good thing - at least this liberal does.

But that argument is irrelevant to health care. Health care is more important than the automobile industry, for example. One can survive, even thrive in some places, without a car or truck. IF private industry had done the job, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Go ahead and show me where a liberal on this board has claimed that government, in general, does a better job of creating jobs than free enterprise.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    There is no place where government creates more jobs than free enterprise does. But there are times when it does - like the Great Depression. CCC and WPA created jobs when free enterprise couldn't or wouldn't. It's true that they didn't end the Great Depression - WWII did. But they kept body and soul together for millions of people. Liberals think that's a good thing - at least this liberal does.
    The Mises Institute put out a great piece a few years ago on this subject: https://mises.org/library/world-war-...eat-depression

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Good article, SicEm. Here's one I always liked, by Thomas Sowell on Hayek:

https://www.cis.org.au/images/storie...mas-sowell.pdf
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 6/28/2015 at 01:12 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Looks like we are stuck with a bad law----Anyone that thinks this is going to lower healthcare costs is a fool

Only a liberal would argue that increasing demand for something would make the price of it go down :>)

They'll try anything to relabel what which makes up the core of their souls - a shameless passion for redistribution of that which belongs to others.