View Poll Results: Which OU venues should sell alcohol?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

1 3.57%
  • Llloyd Noble Center

0 0%
  • Both LNC and OMS

14 50.00%
  • Neither LNC nor OMS

13 46.43%
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Poll: Should OU sell alcohol at its stadiums?

I am asking about LNC, OMS, both, or neither.

David Boren's argument here:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...c76a50e5d.html

“No,” OU president David Boren said Wednesday. “I don’t think it creates a very good gameday environment. That’s my view.”

Alcohol is sold in some of the suites at Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium, prompting some with general admission season tickets to wonder why it can’t be available to them.

“Well, it’s not my suite. I’ll put it that way,” Boren said. “I can’t go through all the legalities of that, but there are legal reasons why they can (purchase alcohol in suites). They’re in an area that they have leased longterm, which becomes their property within the public stadium. No, I don’t think so. Not now… Not now.”
    Vote away!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Poll: Should OU sell alcohol at its stadiums?

Yes, but only to folks exercising their open-carry rights with loaded firearms who are clearly upset by the outcome of the game and the subsequent heckling by opposing fans.

vCash

I voted yes just because I think a lot of people sneak it in and the suites already have it anyways. I understand limiting it to the first 3 quarters a la the NFL and others to discourage drunk driving, but OU might as well follow suit with its peers. WVU has far more rambunctious fans than OU and stadium beer has reportedly encouraged fans to not consume as much as possible pre-entry, because they know they can just buy more inside.

vCash

I dont GAS either way. I never had a prob going the 4 hours or so with out one.
    And Yall know I like my Beer!~
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

But they should allow the fans to leave and re-enter after halftime . . .

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    I agree with this
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Totally agree. It was that way for years. I think it was 9/11, then the exploding backpack incident a few years ago that made the think they needed to change the policy.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

I don't understand why people clamor for overpriced stadium/arena beer anywhere. For the price you pay for two or three beers, you could buy a case before or after the game.

Stupid alcoholics. Stupid, going broke alcoholics.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I don't understand why people clamor for overpriced stadium/arena beer anywhere. For the price you pay for two or three beers, you could buy a case before or after the game.

Stupid alcoholics. Stupid, going broke alcoholics.
    I actually do understand that one. A game is an entertainment experience and drinking a beer is part of whole entertainment package for many. Even an overpriced beer is not a huge part of the total cost of attending the game (tickets, parking, travel, lodging...). And many non-alcoholics drink a beer or 2. Having said that, I'm too cheap to buy it myself. I live in the SF bay area and have attended a couple of Giants games. As I recall, a decent craft beer was over $10! - and that was a few years ago.

vCash

The funny thing about stadium re-entry... you can essentially pay to re-enter, by simply having another ticket for them to scan.

So if you're keeping track, pay for a suite, get served alcohol. Pay for another ticket, be allowed back in.

vCash

McLane Stadium has beer available via 3rd party vendors for its loge boxes and above.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I actually do understand that one. A game is an entertainment experience and drinking a beer is part of whole entertainment package for many. Even an overpriced beer is not a huge part of the total cost of attending the game (tickets, parking, travel, lodging...). And many non-alcoholics drink a beer or 2. Having said that, I'm too cheap to buy it myself. I live in the SF bay area and have attended a couple of Giants games. As I recall, a decent craft beer was over $10! - and that was a few years ago.
    I read all the way down to "craft beer" before I realized this was a joke.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I read all the way down to "craft beer" before I realized this was a joke.
    I'll admit I'm not much of a beer drinker, so maybe the term "craft beer" is a joke? I just don't like the mass brewed lager swill such as Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. The first few pulls taste okay if they are cold enough, but I find I can't drink more than half the bottle/can before putting it down for good. I do enjoy a good English ale or bitter through a whole pint, but that's enough for me. AT&T park in SF serves both Bud/Miller stuff as well as some micro brews - I only checked the price of the latter, but I think the former was $6-8 too. Rationally, that price shouldn't be of concern considering I was paying for a family of 4 for an afternoon at the ballpark as well as dinner later that evening. $10 was gnats nuts vs what I already paid. But I'm not very rational when I feel I'm being ripped off...

vCash

We go four as well - me, wife, and the two kids. Paying for regular soft drinks or bottles of water is expensive enough. As it is, the weekend already includes cost of gas and hotels rooms for a night or two, plus food and other sh*t the kids want.

I just don't love beer enough to shell out what they'd be charging for it. Same way when I go to pro games down here. Once parking and tickets are paid for, and the stadium food is bought, the beer price just seems too far up. And, again, I just don't love beer enough.

My goal on game day is to have the wife and kids happy and situated enough to not f*ck with me during the game. Beer is the least of my extra 'wants' on game day.