SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

It Appears BBJ Was Killed By Illegal Immigrant

http://newsok.com/other-driver-in-ac...rticle/5429195

[obama]Yeah Baby! Open up those borders![/obama]
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: It Appears BBJ Was Killed By Illegal Immigrant

Now don't go blaming illegals....I mean they deserve citizenship as Obama has stated because "it's the right thing to do".

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Where does it say he is illegal? All it says is ICE will place a hold on him if he is released. That is a standard procedure for legal and illegal immigrants.

For the record, I tend to believe he is here illegally. But, a simple ICE hold isn't evidence of it. If he's here on a work permit, they renew every two years, and ICE will check it.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Where does it say he is illegal? All it says is ICE will place a hold on him if he is released. That is a standard procedure for legal and illegal immigrants.

For the record, I tend to believe he is here illegally. But, a simple ICE hold isn't evidence of it. If he's here on a work permit, they renew every two years, and ICE will check it.
    The text of that article has been altered since i linked to it. Here is another that clears up any doubt.
    http://www.koco.com/news/ice-man-acc...times/33748440
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    The text of that article has been altered since i linked to it. Here is another that clears up any doubt.
    http://www.koco.com/news/ice-man-acc...times/33748440
    That doesn't mean he's illegal either. A voluntary return simply means that at the border, they denied his entry. It doesn't affect either visa or green card status.

Again, I think he's illegal. But, a voluntary return isn't strict evidence of it.

I don't post these to start a fight or anything. My wife is from Mexico, so we've dealt with the immigration personally. There is a ton of misinformation out there on both sides of the legal vs. illegal issue.

If he is illegal, the overarching problem still exists - someone in America, in Oklahoma, has hired him over and over again, giving him reason to return. It's kind of a "chicken or egg" question: which leads to the other?

Employers in America don't want to - and shouldn't have to - pay union wages for every type of job. The gap is filled by migrant workers. Many employers openly recruit migrants, legal and illegal.

It's that way with employers here in Texas, for sure; but, more and more in Oklahoma. I have a cousin who teaches in Broken Arrow, and she has talked to my wife about the problem they have with more and more students who don't speak or write English well enough.

So....
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    That doesn't mean he's illegal either. A voluntary return simply means that at the border, they denied his entry. It doesn't affect either visa or green card status.

Again, I think he's illegal. But, a voluntary return isn't strict evidence of it.

I don't post these to start a fight or anything. My wife is from Mexico, so we've dealt with the immigration personally. There is a ton of misinformation out there on both sides of the legal vs. illegal issue.

If he is illegal, the overarching problem still exists - someone in America, in Oklahoma, has hired him over and over again, giving him reason to return. It's kind of a "chicken or egg" question: which leads to the other?

Employers in America don't want to - and shouldn't have to - pay union wages for every type of job. The gap is filled by migrant workers. Many employers openly recruit migrants, legal and illegal.

It's that way with employers here in Texas, for sure; but, more and more in Oklahoma. I have a cousin who teaches in Broken Arrow, and she has talked to my wife about the problem they have with more and more students who don't speak or write English well enough.

So....
    So a legal green card holder can get returned to his country of origin 3 different times? What's the point of this semantic exercise you are engaged in?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So a legal green card holder can get returned to his country of origin 3 different times? What's the point of this semantic exercise you are engaged in?
    A green card isn't the only type of immigration permission. There are student visas, work visas, and tourist visas. The work visas are normally good for two years. We know several families here on work visas.

Here is the list of all of them: http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...mployment.html. Surprise, surprise! There's even a special for NAFTA to help Canadians and Mexicans with degrees compete for American job requiring degrees. Ain't our government great?

It could be that this guy had some sort of work visa and it had expired when he tried to enter in 2010 and 2013. I doubt he was in Mexico full time between 2010-2013. He could have had the work visa renewed after he was turned down at the border, came back, worked, then had it expire again.

Many wife's family has a ranch in Guanajuato, a state which is roughly the equivalent of Nebraska or Iowa - heavy farm and ranch state. They have two little villages of people who work on their ranch. Many of the men from those come up to the United States regularly on work visas. They go back and forth.

If you think bureaucracy is bad here, you ain't seen nothing like the governmental incompetence Mexico throws down. If someone is caught in a time pinch to get their visa renewed, they may try to cross on the old one if they have permission papers from an employer, hoping that the consulates in America will be quicker.

You never know. All I'm saying is that ICE holds are normal and voluntary returns are normal. These are incidents where the guys aren't fence jumpers. Most just don't have their paperwork in order. Voluntary returnees have no restrictions on future visa applications.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    Man TDTW, you sure are bending over backwards on this... They voluntarily self deport if caught near border as it is less paperwork and easier bus trip back. 3 times? You are illegal. Driving with no license, no insurance and hand over Mexico ID card, odds are near 100% you are illegal.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Man TDTW, you sure are bending over backwards on this... They voluntarily self deport if caught near border as it is less paperwork and easier bus trip back. 3 times? You are illegal. Driving with no license, no insurance and hand over Mexico ID card, odds are near 100% you are illegal.
    The dude was a wet back, end of story.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !