SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

JURASSIC WORLD Opinions?!

I saw it today. I'm a sucker for all the jurassic movies. It didn't disappoint. Most impressive thing to me besides the animals and their realistic appearance and actions was the Howard girl fighting Jurassics and running through the jungle WHILE WEARING HIGH HEELS THE WHOLE TIME!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: JURASSIC WORLD Opinions?!

While the first movie was a classic in its own right (but I was in elementary school at the time it came out) there were a lot of annoyances about it that they corrected this time.

The kids were complete and utter wussies with annoying screams and voices in general in the first movie. This time, they yelled at scary moments but weren't entirely worthless when it came time to escape the big bad dinos.

Same with the female lead. Complete damsel in distress last time, but this time, they made her more take-charge and less helpless, even if she spent the entire movie in heels.

The scientists that are obsessed with themselves are apparently harrumphing about how the dinos don't have feathers, when discoveries since the first movie lead science to believe that dinos are less scaly and more feathery. I didn't mind as it provided some continuity to the series... and they're genetically modified with frog DNA or whatever so get over it, Doctor Ph.D.

Overall I liked it, but without spoiling the ending too much --- if you are looking forward to any particular characters getting a horrific death from being an absolute arsehole the entire movie, you are going to be disappointed. There are no classic death scenes that will be parodied and tributed for years to come... nor can I think of any scenes not involving death that will be replicated, a la the heavy footsteps causing the water glass to shake.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I confess that I have never seen any of the Jurassic movies. I am to the Jurassic movie franchise what Sic 'Em is to concert attendance.

I also tapped out on the Star Wars franchise after the 1999 one. Too many puppets and computer-generated people/characters/creatures. To me, the quintessential Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back.

Best romantic line in all movie-dom history:
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I miss Michael Crichton.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I confess that I have never seen any of the Jurassic movies. I am to the Jurassic movie franchise what Sic 'Em is to concert attendance.

I also tapped out on the Star Wars franchise after the 1999 one. Too many puppets and computer-generated people/characters/creatures. To me, the quintessential Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back.

Best romantic line in all movie-dom history:
    anyone else wonder how Hans hands were seperated when frozen in the Carbonite, yet they were bound when the lowered him into the chamber?
    this is bull****

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    anyone else wonder how Hans hands were seperated when frozen in the Carbonite, yet they were bound when the lowered him into the chamber?
    The freeze was so cold that it made the bond brittle and he broke it?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I liked JW. Wife and I agree it was a fun summer movie. Jurassic Park was the first movie wife and I saw after our twins were born all those yrs ago. We were hoping to go see this movie together as a family, but, typically, the kids were busy with friends. That's fine. They can pay their own admission!

It was fun that, for the most part, it was so obvious who would become dino food. And of course the stage is set for a sequel...because of one bad guy that didn't get chomped!

Hmmm. Smiley thought. Maybe in about 11-12 yrs we can take some grandkids to Jurassic IX!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It was a LONG time between jurassic 3 til this new one came out...14 years. I think the movie moguls just decided to milk out moviegoing/watching income for a long time before injecting the new blood.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 6/22/2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I would have taught a velocirapter to fetch the morning paper.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Heres a Trailer LOL

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We liked it. We were worn out by the end!