Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

TEXAS to serve beer and wine at games,,,,,,,,,,

OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: TEXAS to serve beer and wine at games,,,,,,,,,,

I'm all for it. Hot toddies during November games seems like an idea whose time has come.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

This dovetails nicely with the open carry law. Allowing Jack Daniels would be even better.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

If 30,000 or so of you could stop showing up to games or dump your season tickets, OU would probably start beer and wine sales. Hell, they'd probably have open bars at every gate

BUT... you're not going to do that, and as long as President Boren is in charge and that student alcohol death is only a decade old, it ain't gonna happen in Norman.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Which is why God invented pocket shots
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Speaking, of, simply marvelous fabulous offseason read on the whorn issues:
    http://www.scout.com/college/texas/s...on-facing-heat

Cliff's notes:
    - New UT athletic director is pinching pennies in athletic department
    - New UT athletic director is jacking up costs on everything, including things that used to be free
    - New UT athletic director likes to spend on world travel in an effort to make UT a global brand
    - New UT athletic director loves the Pac 12
    - New UT athletic director makes teams take cheaper travel methods
    - New UT athletic director blames expected costs of attendance expenses for changes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Gotta have something to kill the pain of having to watch their QB situation playing out live in front of them.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

+1 ^
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Gotta have something to kill the pain of having to watch their QB situation playing out live in front of them.
    I'll be drinking to increase my enjoyment of the horn QB situation - works both ways!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I could have used some of that action myself last season..
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Note to everyone, take the time to read that article, not the OP but the other one.

Wow!

vCash

Note to everyone, take the time to read that article, not the OP but the other one.

Wow!
    Of OU note from that article, Texas baseball has been relegated to busing to places like Oklahoma, a 7+hour bus-ride. OU flies its baseball team anywhere that's longer than a 3-hour bus ride.

So once again: CLICK IT!

Texas also jacked up their football ticket prices by an average of 21 percent after a 6-7 season. OU, by comparison, did not dare do that after an 8-5 season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Of OU note from that article, Texas baseball has been relegated to busing to places like Oklahoma, a 7+hour bus-ride. OU flies its baseball team anywhere that's longer than a 3-hour bus ride.

So once again: CLICK IT!

Texas also jacked up their football ticket prices by an average of 21 percent after a 6-7 season. OU, by comparison, did not dare do that after an 8-5 season.
    This is something where we shine. My season ticket package of four seats is still only around $1,500; so, about $375 per seat for the season. That's great, folks, when you look around at other schools and see what their season ticket holders pay.

I bitch a ton about Joe C. But, ticket prices is one area where he's done right by the alumni and fans - and, for a long time! Can't beat it.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

There must be a ton of wasteful spending at UT to have its baseball team busing like that. I mean, isn't UT the richest athletic department in America? Where is all the money going? Surely their baseball transportation cost can't be much more than ours.

To me, your three most visible sports are football, men's basketball, and women's basketball. Baseball and softball are quickly getting up there as well. Seems as though you take care of those the best because they'll be on TV the most; and, so, you'd want the players to be at their best/most fresh at game time.

Honestly, I don't understand some of the stupidity that goes on down in Austin. Then, again...when I meet or do business with some of their alumni here....

vCash

There's some juicy tidbits about their men's basketball program as well. The two I recall offhand was their AD spreading stuff on Rick Barnes to get him out faster and downgrading their travel accommodations, which Barnes fought for to be at the same level as Kansas (a 737 jet). I am not sure what OU uses.

Steve Patterson is apparently also not as socially swooning as you'd expect an AD to be, milking the biggest boosters to write you checks early and often. Apparently the non-revenue sport coaches are being asked to do their own booster arse kissing

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    There's some juicy tidbits about their men's basketball program as well. The two I recall offhand was their AD spreading stuff on Rick Barnes to get him out faster and downgrading their travel accommodations, which Barnes fought for to be at the same level as Kansas (a 737 jet). I am not sure what OU uses.

Steve Patterson is apparently also not as socially swooning as you'd expect an AD to be, milking the biggest boosters to write you checks early and often. Apparently the non-revenue sport coaches are being asked to do their own booster arse kissing
    More here: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...letic-director

-Texas has the lowest salaries in the Big 12 for its quality control coaches -- even behind last-place football finisher Kansas ($45,000).
    -Charlie Strong...saw his and his coaching staff's personal ticket allotment cut from eight to four last year....
    -Patterson said in an interview with Texas Monthly last September, the city of Austin should help pay for UT's new basketball arena because the city had gotten a free ride for 30 years by not having to bear any of the costs of the Erwin Center (a campus events facility), which is planned for demolition in 5-8 years....
    -Coaches used to be allowed to go into the athletic dining hall whenever they wanted under Dodds, often to bond with their student-athletes or have a one-on-one conversation. Under Patterson, coaches are only allowed 30 visits per year. If coaches go to the athletic dining hall more than that, they have to pay $10 for each visit out of their own pocket.

Problems...for Texas! Again, with all of the money they are said to be raking in, why the cost-cutting?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Here's what is scary about the sa*et AD, if his methods manage to improve the bottom line, money will trump goodwill and he will be held up as the example for other schools to follow.

vCash

Here's what is scary about the sa*et AD, if his methods manage to improve the bottom line, money will trump goodwill and he will be held up as the example for other schools to follow
    Are you really concerned that UT fans will continue to show up if they're being charged for parking that used to be free at ticket prices marked 21.5 percent higher for a losing football team (6-7 last season)? Whorns are stupid, yes, but I don't think they're that stupid!

Regardless of revenue, a good UT program is scary. Thankfully, they suck in all aspects

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Aren't there about 10,000 people not renewing season tickets this year in whornville? Guess they think offering alcohol in the stadium will entice them back and they can up the ticket prices as well, to get Patterson some more money!

vCash

Aren't there about 10,000 people not renewing season tickets this year in whornville?
    Yes, fans are voting with their wallets. However, I-35 will still be a nightmare on Saturdays in Austin, with or without those 10K attending