Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Dope Smoking Nephew Experiment Update

TDTW is an Arshole
    Dude has been a dick to this nephew from the start!
    Sorry TDTW but maybe you should have Given the Kid a chance instead Of just"Saying your giving him a Shot!"
    It sounds like YOU Have been a Judgmental ArseHole from the start !~
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

If there's two things I can't stand, it's judgmental people and pot heads.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    If there's two things I can't stand, it's judgmental people and pot heads.
    Ha! I see what you did there.

I think.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm not a libertarian, and Paul isn't an Objectivist -- but keep trying! You're on as good a roll with political prognosticating and analysis as you are at football. You can't tell the difference between political philosophy and the personal traits of a small slice of those who practice that philosophy. I don't know what your forte is, but this and football isn't it. Have you considered fly fishing?
    I understand fully that Rand, like his dad, has had to tone down his public comments and "shed" the libertarian label for the sake of elections. But, they are what they are: libertarians...and, as full of sh*t as most libertarians.

To me, Rand and his dad are like the Clintons being passed off as "moderates." Like all politicians, they lie to get elected. Rand Paul is no different. He hides what he has to publicly these days.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    TDTW is an Arshole
    Dude has been a dick to this nephew from the start!
    Sorry TDTW but maybe you should have Given the Kid a chance instead Of just"Saying your giving him a Shot!"
    It sounds like YOU Have been a Judgmental ArseHole from the start !~
    So, I can send him to your house to smoke dope and eat your food this summer while you give him a paycheck?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Potheads that think the world should accommodate their indulgence irritate me to no end.

OP: Stand your ground. Do your part in the war on stupid.
    We have and are. Sent his home last night to his mom; she sent him back this morning. She's coming up this weekend for the Father's Day/Wife's Birthday thing we have every year.

She's as tired of his sh*t as we are. When he flunks the drug test, she'll pull the plug on his car, insurance, and cell phone, and tell him to go waste his time on his own dime.

So...shortly, it'll be back to waiting table and scratching by in little apartments with his dope smoking buddies from high school - only he'll be footing the bill for everything he does from that point on. We'll see how long that lasts.

I look at this nephew and compare this to my other nephew who also just finished his first year of college. Other nephew is spending the summer living in Taiwan. Last summer, after high school, he was accepted into a State Department program where he lived with a family in China for a couple of months.

That kid is squared away. He's studied Chinese for so long that when he got to college this year, he placed into their upper class level Chinese classes. He wants to work at the State Department or CIA when he graduates.

Two nephews. Both 19. One achieving at a high level, setting and reaching goals; the other p*ssing his time away with dope. Ain't that America.

vCash

The upshot to this is - if there is any - is that I have more of a feeling of how Bob Stoops must feel when he gives dope smoking kids a second chance, and they continue to f*ck up anyway.

Crazy. And, some say dope isn't addictive.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Yes, well, that's why I've flipped from thinking he's simply ignorant to he's really stupid. Which, again, is fine. But, go be stupid with your dopehead friends and quit lying to me and my wife about what your intentions are. Typical drug user, I suppose.
    Stupid IS the new ignorant.

Kids aren't getting enough of the "common sense" education that we got, simply due to not having the deluge of electronic/social distractions that they have. Couple that with the fact that their secondary schooling is no longer teaching students how to think critically, due to the failures of federal/state education mandates like NCLB and Common Core, and yeah... kids are just dumb-as-**** now days.

Ignorance used to have an element of instinct to it; you may not know what you were "supposed" to know, but there was a part of you, somewhere, that at least told you that there was something missing on your end. Now, kids don't have that. If they THINK something, that's enough for them, whether or not what they THINK is actually correct. They have the entirety of the world's accumulated knowledge resting on their f*cking HIP, and still can't be bothered to read any of it.

THAT'S kids now days. Good luck.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull View Post
    Stupid IS the new ignorant.

Kids aren't getting enough of the "common sense" education that we got, simply due to not having the deluge of electronic/social distractions that they have. Couple that with the fact that their secondary schooling is no longer teaching students how to think critically, due to the failures of federal/state education mandates like NCLB and Common Core, and yeah... kids are just dumb-as-**** now days.

Ignorance used to have an element of instinct to it; you may not know what you were "supposed" to know, but there was a part of you, somewhere, that at least told you that there was something missing on your end. Now, kids don't have that. If they THINK something, that's enough for them, whether or not what they THINK is actually correct. They have the entirety of the world's accumulated knowledge resting on their f*cking HIP, and still can't be bothered to read any of it.

THAT'S kids now days. Good luck.

the_ouskull
    Can't argue with any of that.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm not a libertarian, and Paul isn't an Objectivist -- but keep trying! You're on as good a roll with political prognosticating and analysis as you are at football. You can't tell the difference between political philosophy and the personal traits of a small slice of those who practice that philosophy. I don't know what your forte is, but this and football isn't it. Have you considered fly fishing?
    That's all well and good, but I still want to hear about how pot isn't a drug.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Dear Olevet,
    The dope smoking nephew is gone. He's free to live with you for the rest of the summer. All you have to do is give him a paycheck, buy his food, give him a room to play XBox and watch Netflix, and let him smoke up as much as he wants.

I'm not sure if his mama will continue paying for his car, insurance, and cell phone. My guess is, no. But, perhaps you can pick up those expenses for him as well so that he can continue to smoke his dope unabated and free from the stifling confines of reality.

Love,
    TDTW
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 7/1/2015 at 12:58 PM.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Good for you for sticking to your hard line discipline, TDTW. As a mommy of a 3-year-old, it's something I'm still learning how to do.

I wish people knew how much other people depended on them to be mentally and physically able to do what they are 100 percent capable of in a sound state of body and mind... in short, what they're able to do when not on drugs. Then, maybe they would have less of a reason to act so selfish.

I have never been tempted to smoke anything. However, I am quickly dropping every unhealthy habit and picking up every healthy habit I can now that I have a toddler emulating me.

Decades from now, we're sadly going to see the after effects of this new level of high that advanced pot (not the pot of previous generations that's not nearly as potent) that's going around now. Death from eating too many pot brownies in Colorado is just the beginning. JUST SAY NO, people. And I know it makes me the most uncool, old fart to utter those three words.

vCash

Dear Olevet,
    The dope smoking nephew is gone. He's free to live with you for the rest of the summer. All you have to do is give him a paycheck, buy his food, give him a room to play XBox and watch Netflix, and let him smoke up as much as he wants.

I'm not sure if his mama will continue paying for his car, insurance, and cell phone. My guess is, no. But, perhaps you can pick up those expenses for him as well so that he can continue to smoke his dope unabated and free from the stifling confines of reality.

Love,
    TDTW
    I replied but guess it dint post oh well. Personally i would have never agreed to take him in the 1st place.
    Im saying that from the appearance of your very 1st post a few months back you had already Judged the kid and found him wanting, But you were going to Give him a chance, My take is you never did give him that chance.But simply set him up to fail.

Have a Nice life and continue to think you have done something noble!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I replied but guess it dint post oh well. Personally i would have never agreed to take him in the 1st place.
    Im saying that from the appearance of your very 1st post a few months back you had already Judged the kid and found him wanting, But you were going to Give him a chance, My take is you never did give him that chance.But simply set him up to fail.

Have a Nice life and continue to think you have done something noble!
    How did I not give him a chance? I kept his marijuana arrest he had a few months ago from his mother. I employed him and offered him a chance to be licensed and learn how to earn a living. All he had to do was pass a drug test on July 1 to prove that he'd quit smoking dope.

He had a chance. He chose dope. I gave the chance to him instead of doing what we normally do - hire an intern from a local college for the summer.

He is now free to smoke ... wherever he ends up after his mom shows him the door. He'll learn the hard way that adults not named Federal Government don't cotton to handing you money and opportunities if you are going to be a dopehead.

vCash

How did I not give him a chance? I kept his marijuana arrest he had a few months ago from his mother. I employed him and offered him a chance to be licensed and learn how to earn a living. All he had to do was pass a drug test on July 1 to prove that he'd quit smoking dope.

He had a chance. He chose dope. I gave the chance to him instead of doing what we normally do - hire an intern from a local college for the summer.

He is now free to smoke ... wherever he ends up after his mom shows him the door. He'll learn the hard way that adults not named Federal Government don't cotton to handing you money and opportunities if you are going to be a dopehead.
    Like I say, Not my Monkeys Not my Circus. I dont really care. have a great one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Good for you for sticking to your hard line discipline, TDTW. As a mommy of a 3-year-old, it's something I'm still learning how to do.

I wish people knew how much other people depended on them to be mentally and physically able to do what they are 100 percent capable of in a sound state of body and mind... in short, what they're able to do when not on drugs. Then, maybe they would have less of a reason to act so selfish.

I have never been tempted to smoke anything. However, I am quickly dropping every unhealthy habit and picking up every healthy habit I can now that I have a toddler emulating me.

Decades from now, we're sadly going to see the after effects of this new level of high that advanced pot (not the pot of previous generations that's not nearly as potent) that's going around now. Death from eating too many pot brownies in Colorado is just the beginning. JUST SAY NO, people. And I know it makes me the most uncool, old fart to utter those three words.
    It's fine. We're at the age where we don't have to be "cool" to 19-year olds. He's old enough to know better. He took all the freebies - car, insurance, clothing, and cell phone from his mom and a job opportunity and place to live from us - and spit on it over dope.

The crazy thing is his attitude. I told him that no matter where he applied to work, they'd drug test him. His response: "That's their problem."

I said, "It's not a problem for them. They'll just hire someone who will take and pass a drug test."

His response: "I'll work somewhere that they don't make you take a drug test."

Me: "Well, good luck with that."

Again, some choose the harder path through life. This nephew is going to be one of them. At his rate of stupidity between the weed and girlfriend he can't live without texting every 43 seconds, he'll likely become an unemployed baby-daddy before he's 21.

And, in his mind, it'll be "That's their problem." Life is so doggone easy when it's always someone else's problem.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

TDTW..yup you DID give him a chance...you had guidelines and he didn't stick to them. That is on HIM.

Good job...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    TDTW..yup you DID give him a chance...you had guidelines and he didn't stick to them. That is on HIM.

Good job...
    Yes. But, you see the problem - everyone will have guidelines for him no matter where he works. And, this kid just doesn't like them. Well, at the end of the day, just grow up, son.

Because he's flunked out of college, he's going down the path where he'll always have to take jobs that are low skill...and, that drug test before and after hiring.

It's horrifying because this is family. This kid, when he was little, we'd be taking him to Chuck E Cheese, buy him legos and sh*t for his birthday. You know, he was a kid we watched grow up.

Now, he's this insolent 19-year old young man. We know this isn't the way he was raised. Seeing this kid flips my mindset on parenting - it ain't always the parents' fault. This kid had lots of people chipping in for him and watching out for him along the way.

And, a hardworking mother who bent over backwards for that kid for years. Worked nights, weekends, everything so he could do things with the kids his age all the time. A true, hardworking single mom and this is what he thinks it's all about?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

And, a hardworking mother who bent over backwards for that kid for years. Worked nights, weekends, everything so he could do things with the kids his age all the time. A true, hardworking single mom and this is what he thinks it's all about?
    I'm sure she still finds a way to blame herself though, sadly. Parents are weird like that.

I googled what jobs didn't have drug testing... and the first return was a weed message board. Sounds like options limited to fast food and retail non-managerial positions. Some have pre-employment ones, but they discussed work around with those... complaining a lot is apparently a solution.

With his zero responsibility other-people's-problems mentality, it is probably best that you cut him loose asap. Drugs are not cheap for regular users and when the only work they can have is minimum wage, they need to make up their shortfall somewhere, whether it's from your wallet or your kid's piggy bank