Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Dope Smoking Nephew Experiment Update

Not going well. Suspect he's smoking dope again. Called him on the carpet this morning and told him that beginning July 1 he would be drug tested monthly. He was pissed off.

Sadly, he bowed up and tried to tell me it wasn't legal to test him. I honestly do not know where kids get their information about marijuana these days. I had to break the bad news to him that:

(1) In Texas, there is no law that prevents me as a private employer from drug testing him; and, in fact, the same is true Federally.
    (2) In Texas, there is no law that prevents me as a private employer from drug testing him; and, in fact, the same is true Federally.
    (3) In Texas, there is no law that prevents me as a private employer from drug testing him; and, in fact, the same is true Federally.

He, of course, doesn't know the law. He just hears his friends and the pro-marijuana idiots in the media. When I asked him who told him that private company employers couldn't drug test their employees, he had no answer...of course.

I had to remind him that of one of his buddies from high school - last year's Class of 2014 - is already in jail for drug arrests. Whatever these idiot kids think they know about drug laws is, as far as I can tell, about 180 degrees around from the truth. Sadly.

His problem is, he has already had the problem at college where he was arrested for having paraphernalia and possession of dope. He somehow kept his mother, my sister-in-law, from finding out about the arrest and has ridden out his probation without being caught again.

I discovered the arrest when I tried to get him licensed after I hired him. I agreed to not tell his mom why his licensing was being delayed - and, possibly, rejected - on the promise that he quit. He assured me that he had.

Anyway, he is apparently stupid and, for God knows what reason, thinks I don't know anything about marijuana. He is either a very, very stupid or a very, very ignorant kid. Up to this point, I've given him the benefit of the doubt and erred on the side of ignorant.

However, seven weeks into this thing and I'm flipping to the "he's stupid" route and giving him the hard option of quitting the dope or having me fire him, kick his as*s out, and then leaving it to him to explain it all to his mom.

I hope he will turn it around; but, I'm quickly tiring of it. I have a business to run. I've got two children of my own at home younger than age 10. I'm not putting up with a 19 year old nephew's marijuana bullsh*t - either at work or home. I'm just not.

The quicker he grows up, the better. And, if he doesn't want to grow up, that's fine, too; but, get out of my house and business and quit lying to me. Go back to waiting tables, smoking dope at night with your friends, and living in a 600 square foot apartment.

In short, get to your failure of a life sooner - I will not impede the stupid from being stupid. If he wants to blow up his brain cells with drugs, that's his call. But, don't f'ing tell me you are sorry about your arrest, want a second chance, have quit, then be carrying on with it in my house and cashing payroll checks from my company. Lying sack of frog barf.

F'ing time waste...and payroll waste. And, as a favor to my wife as well. The thing that will **** me off the most out of all of it is that if he f*cks up and I have to kick his as*s out, my wife will likely be in tears and emotional about for weeks.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Re: Dope Smoking Nephew Experiment Update

Wow...how timely - Colorado's Supreme Court ruled today that MMJ users can still be fired:
    http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-court...amp;soc_trk=ma

Just one more thing to tell my nephew: "You can't even get away with it in Colorado, where it is 'legal.'"
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Wow...how timely - Colorado's Supreme Court ruled today that MMJ users can still be fired:
    http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-court...ons&soc_trk=ma

Just one more thing to tell my nephew: "You can't even get away with it in Colorado, where it is 'legal.'"
    It should still be up to the employer, but anti-marijuana laws are unjust and absolutely crazy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with smoking marijuana sans obvious situations like driving, working, operating machinery, etc. But it's absolutely comparable to drinking alcohol with, frankly, better side effects.

Legalize it completely. No regulations, no taxes, absolute legalization.

vCash

i'm as pro-pot as the next guy, but when you live with your boss that's not cool with it, it's probably not a good idea.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i'm as pro-pot as the next guy, but when you live with your boss that's not cool with it, it's probably not a good idea.
    Yes, well, that's why I've flipped from thinking he's simply ignorant to he's really stupid. Which, again, is fine. But, go be stupid with your dopehead friends and quit lying to me and my wife about what your intentions are. Typical drug user, I suppose.

vCash

Yes, well, that's why I've flipped from thinking he's simply ignorant to he's really stupid. Which, again, is fine. But, go be stupid with your dopehead friends and quit lying to me and my wife about what your intentions are. Typical drug user, I suppose.
    Pot is not a drug.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Pot is not a drug.
    Are Cocaine and Heroin?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Pot is not a drug.
    drug (noun) - 1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

This includes a whole host of things from water to salt to caffeine to nicotine to THC.

drug (noun) - 2. a substance taken for its narcotic or stimulant effects, often illegally

now this narrows it down to caffeine, nicotine, and THC

TDTW is learning something that he would normally have learned when his kids turned 15-16. That dependence, which is the unconscious desire/habit to do something, is crazy hard to shake when a kid finds their fatal flaw substance (in my kid's case it was the internet).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Are Cocaine and Heroin?
    Yes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    in my kid's case it was the internet
    Is the internet a drug?

vCash

Yes
    Is Natty Light?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Is Natty Light?
    Water is not a drug, no.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Pot is not a drug.
    Because it's a plant? Or more specifically a non-processed plant?

Because alcohol, cocaine, and heroin are all processed plants. (OK, fermented mare's milk exists, so they're all processed organic material.)

This is the first I've seen this particular claim. So please explain.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Is the internet a drug?
    My drug of choice is printer's ink, taken optically.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Water is not a drug, no.
    Yer a Moran Son. Pure and simple a ****in Moran!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    drug (noun) - 1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

This includes a whole host of things from water to salt to caffeine to nicotine to THC.

drug (noun) - 2. a substance taken for its narcotic or stimulant effects, often illegally

now this narrows it down to caffeine, nicotine, and THC

TDTW is learning something that he would normally have learned when his kids turned 15-16. That dependence, which is the unconscious desire/habit to do something, is crazy hard to shake when a kid finds their fatal flaw substance (in my kid's case it was the internet).
    No, not exactly. I was a teenager in the 80s. I understand the drug and alcohol scene well, mainly from deaths. I also had a brother-in-law die of a heroine overdose at the age of 18. He'd been busted several times before that, at school and at home, with dope.

My problem with my nephew is that he came to us wanting a summer job. Okay, we talked it over with his mom and I stuck my neck out to try to help the kid. This dope thing he got in trouble for, he hid from me until I tried to get him licensed, then found out about his arrest during the application/background check process.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy about it. He then said his probation was almost over, "don't tell my mom, please," I don't smoke it anymore, etc. All that good bullsh*t.

This weekend some of his college friends came over and they all drove into Dallas for the Taste of Dallas thing Sunday. I walk by his car Monday morning on the way to my car and glance into his car and see the same sh*t he got busted for at school - paraphernalia for smoking dope.

I couldn't give less a f*ck about dopers if I tried. Go do your dope. It's your brain to kill, not mine. But...I've got two kids in my house that I'm not exposing to that. And, again, he's lied about what he's doing. We don't hire people who are involved with dope, and I'm not making an exception for family.

He'll be drug-tested - which he's angry and p*ssed off about - on July 1. I could give a f*ck. When he flunks it, I will fire him, send him back to his mother, and let the sh*t fall where it may between the two of them.

My guess is, he will go back to waiting tables, move into a small apartment with his dopehead friends, and spend all of his free time stoned. Whatever. I'm done with him.

I could have hired a legitimate intern from the UNT Risk and Insurance program just up the road who might have been grateful enough to have a paid summer internship. I gave a nephew a chance as a favor to my wife and her sister instead. It's not working. Lesson learned...one I already knew: don't trust dopeheads to be truthful.

Stupid. To top it all off, this morning I took him to a meeting with one of the chain restaurants we insure. We're meeting with their risk management guy and my nephew can only talk about how much money we must be making. The guy finally said, the money isn't everything, I like working in the restaurant industry.

It was embarrassing to me. But, hopefully the guy understood that my nephew is a (dumbsh*t) kid and can't think of anything about businesses other than they must be making money.

On the way back to the office, he then had the nerve to bitch about his paycheck. This stupid kid. I had to explain to him that, yes, we take the taxes out of his check because we follow the law. He said the restaurant he worked for at school didn't do that. I told him I couldn't give less of a sh*t what the restaurant back at his school does, we follow the law.

Stupid.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 6/17/2015 at 04:45 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Because it's a plant? Or more specifically a non-processed plant?

Because alcohol, cocaine, and heroin are all processed plants. (OK, fermented mare's milk exists, so they're all processed organic material.)

This is the first I've seen this particular claim. So please explain.
    No. This is a Rand Paul person. Nothing he says will ever make any sense. He likely lives, like Rand, in the imaginary Ayn Rand alternate universe that so many libertarians do.

I don't vote because I think they are all lying sacks of sh*t. But, if it ever came down to a libertarian versus a democrat, I'd flip the switch for the democrat. At least with the democrat, I'd know what kind of sh*t to avoid stepping in. With libertarians...there's so much paranoia and cospiracy garbage, there's no telling what one of them might do if elected.

vCash

FYI, pot smokers no how to get by a whiz quiz. Knew a guy in Memphis that was a pilot for FedEx and he smoked. He bought some kind of Root stuff from GNC to get past the monthly test. That was back in the late 80's...I'm sure they have something even better now.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Potheads that think the world should accommodate their indulgence irritate me to no end.

OP: Stand your ground. Do your part in the war on stupid.

vCash

No. This is a Rand Paul person. Nothing he says will ever make any sense. He likely lives, like Rand, in the imaginary Ayn Rand alternate universe that so many libertarians do.

I don't vote because I think they are all lying sacks of sh*t. But, if it ever came down to a libertarian versus a democrat, I'd flip the switch for the democrat. At least with the democrat, I'd know what kind of sh*t to avoid stepping in. With libertarians...there's so much paranoia and cospiracy garbage, there's no telling what one of them might do if elected.
    I'm not a libertarian, and Paul isn't an Objectivist -- but keep trying! You're on as good a roll with political prognosticating and analysis as you are at football. You can't tell the difference between political philosophy and the personal traits of a small slice of those who practice that philosophy. I don't know what your forte is, but this and football isn't it. Have you considered fly fishing?