Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dope Smoking Nephew Experiment Update

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I'm sure she still finds a way to blame herself though, sadly. Parents are weird like that.

I googled what jobs didn't have drug testing... and the first return was a weed message board. Sounds like options limited to fast food and retail non-managerial positions. Some have pre-employment ones, but they discussed work around with those... complaining a lot is apparently a solution.

With his zero responsibility other-people's-problems mentality, it is probably best that you cut him loose asap. Drugs are not cheap for regular users and when the only work they can have is minimum wage, they need to make up their shortfall somewhere, whether it's from your wallet or your kid's piggy bank
    Well, he's from a smallish town south of Fort Worth. So, it'll either be the doughnut shop he worked at in the mornings while he was in high school, or one of the non-"national chain" restaurants in town. Like most dopesmokers, he reacts to life instead of planning for it. I guess that's what happens when you are voluntarily whiling the hours away on weed.

He's also stupid enough that I think he'll get his girlfriend pregnant, so...hope doughnut sales go through the roof for the kid. Children are expensive - whether you voluntarily support them as the baby daddy or whether the state is enforcing child support.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Why was my first thought when you mentioned getting girlfriend pregnant "that's her problem"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Ron Paul is a ******'....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

So...are the drug test results back?
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

He wouldn't take the test. Sent him back home. First place he applied back home required a drug test as well. He wouldn't take that one either, and is still unemployed at this point.

His mom has given him two months to get a job and start paying her rent for living at home or she'll kick him out as well.

I don't think reality will set in until his girlfriend goes back to college next month and he's sitting there without a job, without p*ssy, and his mom on his as*s every day about getting a job.

Girlfriend likely won't wait for him once she's back at school and has other guys around her again who are going ahead and getting educated, figuring out life, and playing by the rules. That'll eat at him. But, who know, maybe it'll wake him up as well.

Stupid. All for a drug...that they say isn't addictive.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Tough love works wonders. Unfortunately, some people need to hit rock bottom before they'll shape up.

While good to set a deadline, two months is a long time. I hope she has her valuables and wallet under close watch, or they might end supporting the drug habit