Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

on lhn right now .. 78 OU Texas game

Looked it up and Sooners win big ... surprised it's on lhn. Will be on a few more times in the coming days. Billy Simms just scored to make it 7 to 0
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Re: on lhn right now .. 78 OU Texas game

For anyone interested ... on again at midnight. Sooners win 31 to 10
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

They're showing classic Sooner victories on the LHN? That'll draw in the subscribers...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

That was one hell of a team you guys had that season. Had they played them, I think the sooners would have beaten both Southern Cal and Bama that year--if Billy Sims just hangs on to the ball, something unfortunately he did not do in Lincoln that year and basically cost you all a NC.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It was a cold, wet and windy day in Lincoln that year. Once the OU offense got going, it was ripping off huge chunks of yardage. But the fumbles did them in - something like 5? Sims fumbled twice including leaving the MNC on the NU 2 yard line late in the game. But Sims was also the player that scored all the points and racked up about 150 yards. Just a weird, unfortunate game. Didn't even work out for NU due the famous rematch in the Orange bowl. I think that was Switzer's most talented squad.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

They're showing classic Sooner victories on the LHN? That'll draw in the subscribers
    Perhaps this is them quietly turning it into a Big 12 Network instead of a Longhorn one. Or perhaps, its ESPN realizing that there are far more Longhorn haters than Longhorn lovers, so what better way to expand LHN audience than to cater to the hater, rather than the lover

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Perhaps this is them quietly turning it into a Big 12 Network instead of a Longhorn one. Or perhaps, its ESPN realizing that there are far more Longhorn haters than Longhorn lovers,
    so what better way to expand LHN
    audience than to cater to the hater, rather than the lover
    Change the ****in NAME comes to mind right off.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Go ahead and come out of the closet if you, too, have watched LHN at some point during its limited lifespan.

I have, and it's rather abysmal programming that just flat out sucks. I've tried thinking about it objectively -- if this was OU programming, would it still be abysmal and would it still suck? Yes. It would suck less, but it would still suck.

Examples of what I've seen:
    - Kasey Studdard fishing
    - UT commencement
    - Every press conference, complete with lots of dead air and inaudible microphone issues

What really is killer is that they have a very limited advertising cycle to spin through before they have to show you the same d@mn thing you've already seen 15 minutes ago once again. It isn't just self-promoting ad crap, it's the regular advertising. You can have your wedding reception on campus. This is the official XXX of the Texas Longhorns. Get your ****ing UT degree at UT.

It used to be a lot worse --- they used to have endless burnt orange in their bottom scroller with added emphasis on who was UT and who wasn't by if their name was in orange or not. However, the crap programming persists. It doesn't help that it's offseason.

vCash

Never watched ONE second of it. No clue where it is on the dial!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Never watched ONE second of it. No clue where it is on the dial!
    I can't amy shade of orange or anything associated with it,however I WILL watch a rousing Sooner victory on whatever channel I can find.What better way to watch OU stomp a mudhole in the Yuck Orange Cows than on LHN?
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member