Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Woods Lit a Shuck...

I too am a grad and season ticket holder - and I've been here for Stinky burger, blake and now Bob. With any top 10 team there are disappointments and surprises, I don't think many people felt Ohio State would be in the Championship game with out their then starting QB and Oh wait there back-up QB, but they did. I hear and agree with a lot of what Tear Down says, not sure if I am ready to ask Bob to leave, but it is frustrating. At Oklahoma we expect to win period, I expect to win every game this year - will we - only time will tell, but I have faith in Bob, and what he is trying to get back to, so I'll give him a break this time. I personally think there are way too many people already counting us out of the picture - and I've come to know that a pissed off Sooner squad - is a tough thing to face. Only time will tell this year - the second game of the year will prove a lot - I am a glass is half full type of person so I will sit and cheer and hope that we start to play the way we know how to play. But anything less than 12-0 in the regular season will be a disappointment to me!! BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    And, until it gets fixed, I'll bitch about it.
    And then what will happen after that?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Gun to the head? I'd say Fuente.
    I like that pick, on the surface. I wonder if Fuente holds his time here against OU or just the coaches (*cough* Blake *cough*) who screwed him over?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I wonder if Fuente holds his time here against OU or just the coaches (*cough* Blake *cough*) who screwed him over?
    You know how NFL players after they get cut or college/NFL coaches after they get fired/leave/etc like to say "It's a business?" I would hope that is how potential coaches would view that type of move. It's why Louisville went the Bobby route again, even if everyone who remembered how he left (and what has happened since) was screaming nooooooooooo

I've been here for Stinky burger, blake and now Bob
    I've only been in-state/in-college since 2001, but I bet being around during those previous two makes you appreciate 8-win-season-Bob more than some He's had 8-win seasons before, but we had the rebuilding/injury excuse the last two times... and his first season was also a 5-loss season, but Boo-Blake-was-here-last-year is the best excuse of all for that type of season

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Barry was utterly washed up by the late 1970's. The game had passed him by, according to the West-side season ticket holders. Too bad ole Barry just couldn't understand that passing was the new game. Oh well, time to get a new coach, except our dumb-*** administration understands the game even less than dumb-*** Barry.
    Or so the 'wisdom' went.
    Then came the mid-1980's and the same folks were baying like idiot lapdogs.
    Not guaranteed that Bob can pull the same magic.
    But it really has been done before.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

So is there any update on Wood?

vCash

None that I've seen anywhere.

vCash

The most recent update, posted to newsok last weekend, was that there was no update:
    http://newsok.com/ou-football-dalton...rticle/5425804

As noted earlier:
    All but one player from the class that signed in February is on campus
    And that one player is Dalton Wood. It's looking less and less like he's showing up

vCash

It's afternoon now - guess he was just Morning Wood.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I really hope he plays in some of those 11 AM games.

vCash

Day 8... still no word on Wood. Shall we return to Bob bashing?

Clemp-son is the most disappointing, overrated, underachieving program in the history of college football and we dropped a bowl game to them. GAHHHHHH

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

"Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

vCash

^^^ that would have looked downright sh!tty if we hadn't broken the Poke hearts by the end of that game. Thank you, Blake Bell. No really, THANK YOU BLAKE BELL.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 vs Poke
    came off the bench at Oklahoma State (12/7) to throw for 140 yards on 10 of 16 passing, including a game-wining touchdown pass with 19 seconds to play
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 vs Poke
    scored on a four-yard keeper with four seconds left to send the game to overtime in a 51-48 win vs. Oklahoma State (11/24)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

^^^ that would have looked downright sh!tty if we hadn't broken the Poke hearts by the end of that game. Thank you, Blake Bell. No really, THANK YOU BLAKE BELL.
    If only Bell had been on the punt return team, he could have made the game saving tackle last year for the Poke Killah Trifecta!
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by steveousiu View Post
    I too am a grad and season ticket holder - and I've been here for Stinky burger, blake and now Bob. With any top 10 team there are disappointments and surprises, I don't think many people felt Ohio State would be in the Championship game with out their then starting QB and Oh wait there back-up QB, but they did. I hear and agree with a lot of what Tear Down says, not sure if I am ready to ask Bob to leave, but it is frustrating. At Oklahoma we expect to win period, I expect to win every game this year - will we - only time will tell, but I have faith in Bob, and what he is trying to get back to, so I'll give him a break this time. I personally think there are way too many people already counting us out of the picture - and I've come to know that a pissed off Sooner squad - is a tough thing to face. Only time will tell this year - the second game of the year will prove a lot - I am a glass is half full type of person so I will sit and cheer and hope that we start to play the way we know how to play. But anything less than 12-0 in the regular season will be a disappointment to me!! BOOMER SOONER!
    It's not so much the losing, but the getting blown out. Impossible to go undefeated every year. But...it's not impossible to be closer than 40-6 when you've got a month to prepare and your opponent is scraping their roster for a starter at QB.

I mean, come on, that's where these Stoops Brothers made their bones - defenses that dictate to the offense with high pressure. If that's gone from them, and they are just going to hand the offense over to Leach clone after Leach clone, it's a problem.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

If only Bell had been on the punt return team, he could have made the game saving tackle last year for the Poke Killah Trifecta!
    That would have been very cool. We've beaten OSU so often I'm sure that there have been many Poke Killah Trifectas in the past... but that doesn't make it any less cool... kind of like those guys that get to beat Texas all four years.

vCash

That would have been very cool. We've beaten OSU so often I'm sure that there have been many Poke Killah Trifectas in the past... but that doesn't make it any less cool... kind of like those guys that get to beat Texas all four years.
    We didn't have many Killahs versus the Pokes because we dominated them with whomever was in there. Bell's situations were special in that they brought him in and he performed under fire.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Barry was utterly washed up by the late 1970's. The game had passed him by, according to the West-side season ticket holders. Too bad ole Barry just couldn't understand that passing was the new game. Oh well, time to get a new coach, except our dumb-*** administration understands the game even less than dumb-*** Barry.
    Or so the 'wisdom' went.
    Then came the mid-1980's and the same folks were baying like idiot lapdogs.
    Not guaranteed that Bob can pull the same magic.
    But it really has been done before.
    He won titles in 74 and 75. It was really not until the early 80s where the fans got restless, as he was 8 years removed from a national title in 1983 versus 14 now for Bob Stoops.

vCash

My point remains