Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Dimon

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Matt Dimon

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Of course, it's on both of them. THAT is the problem!

Stoops is done. He's gone to hiring mediocre coaches, and the players do pretty much what they please. It takes two or three marijuana/alcohol incidents to get kicked off the squad...while we actively seek out other school's dope and alcohol misfits. And, you can break women's faces as long as you plea it out in court. You get suspended for a six month "year."

The control is gone from the coaches. The coaches dictated to Bob when they would practice in the spring because some fraternity queers sang the N-word.

The respect for the coaching staff is gone. This isn't the 1999 coaching staff...it's 180 degree in the opposite direction. I remember sitting in the end zone during the 1999 spring practices and watching Brent Venables basically crawl inside Rocky Calmus' helmet. He ran up to Rocky so fast, I thought, "He's going to punch him."

And, Calmus looked afraid and unsure of himself. Venables, both Stoops, Mangino, and Jackie Shipp unloaded both barrels on the 1999 and 2000 bunch. And, they got a ton of production of out a roster full of John Blake leftovers.

They peaked in the mid-2000s, getting cream of the crop recruits, culminating in the 2008 national title game. From there, it's been a steady trudge downhill into what we have today - highly recruited players "meh"-ing their way through the program...as, Stoops more and more takes on the meerkat look on game day.

Mack Brown devolved into The Human Clapper. Stoops has devolved into The Human Meerkat.

Both pathetic in the end. The thirst for victory is long gone is series of hefty raises and contract extensions. What is there left to prove? Half the fan base forgive based on a single national title season...as we enter the ear of recruiting kid who were in diapers when that champion occurred. Yes, prep players are now entering high school as freshman without ever seeing OU winning a national title - that's how long it has been.
    ----Fat and happy just like Bud and Barry----timing about the same

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Matt Dimon

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    We could have done a lot worse than Phillips. Now let's talk about Ahmad Thomas...
    I am in full replay recordings mode. My suspicion from the season is being confirmed over and over. He walks up to a downed receiver so many multiple times the image is burned into my retinas.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."