Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

So, What's the deal with Dennis Hastert, IL Rep (R) retired???

Former speaker is indicted and was forking over about $1 million in a blackmail scheme... The schemer not charge, Hastert is for money laundering. Go figure... Kiddie boy sex years ago?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: So, What's the deal with Dennis Hastert, IL Rep (R) retired???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7465780.html

Forgive the lefty link. The irony of him getting busted by a law that he claimed credit for is fairly rich.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert. As the IRS notes, “the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 increased the scope” of cash reporting laws “to help trace funds used for terrorism.” The Bank Secrecy Act of 1970, which was amended by the Patriot Act, had already required banks to report suspicious transactions.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Former speaker is indicted and was forking over about $1 million in a blackmail scheme... The schemer not charge, Hastert is for money laundering. Go figure... Kiddie boy sex years ago?
    Sounds like he's a sick perverted crook!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Kind of makes you wonder where a guy like Hastert who was a schoolteacher then a US Rep, comes up with 3.5 mil to pay blackmail.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder where a guy like Hastert who was a schoolteacher then a US Rep, comes up with 3.5 mil to pay blackmail.
    What part of "Crook" did you misunderstand LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Another BB I frequent was wondering about this. A Chicago based person was saying that Chicago talk radio was suggesting that as a HS coach Hastert had dalliances with HS girls. If true, why lie about that? Sad day when I think that... vs. HS boys...

EDIT:
    The again, this story from the Washington Times on a call on CSPAN from a man may be of interest...

Regardless, if you were trying to keep things quiet, you mucked that up big time... Federal charges and lots of press...
    Last edited by TheHumanAlphabet; 5/29/2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Oh no! Looks like old Denny might have gone Jerry Sandusky back in the day.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ces/ar-BBkp6II

vCash

Let me tell you my Dennis Hastert story since it's the only Dennis Hastert story that I have. I've told this story to friends for years, but I've never had the occasion to tell it here.

Back in 2002, I was volunteering on the Ramsey Farley campaign and Hastert came to town (Waco) to do a fundraiser held at the home of a local Republican activist/fundraiser. It was a backyard garden party, and speakers spoke from the veranda which included Speaker Hastert.

I'm standing very near the doors that led from the home to the veranda while Farley is speaking, and Hastert is standing just a few feet in front of me quietly talking to another member of Congress (this one from TX). They were talking about some bill and when it would be brought to the floor for a vote. What was very weird about this is that the entire time Hastert was stroking this gentleman's back. I don't mean a friendly slap on the back -- he was gently rubbing this guy's back in delicate (almost loving) strokes. He would even mix in little 'scratching' motions and pats. It was truly and utterly bizarre.

This went on for several minutes. That memory has stuck with me all of these years because of how strange it was, but I never thought it was much more than a bizarre oddity. But these revelations put that memory into a strange new light.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Let me tell you my Dennis Hastert story since it's the only Dennis Hastert story that I have. I've told this story to friends for years, but I've never had the occasion to tell it here.

Back in 2002, I was volunteering on the Ramsey Farley campaign and Hastert came to town (Waco) to do a fundraiser held at the home of a local Republican activist/fundraiser. It was a backyard garden party, and speakers spoke from the veranda which included Speaker Hastert.

I'm standing very near the doors that led from the home to the veranda while Farley is speaking, and Hastert is standing just a few feet in front of me quietly talking to another member of Congress (this one from TX). They were talking about some bill and when it would be brought to the floor for a vote. What was very weird about this is that the entire time Hastert was stroking this gentleman's back. I don't mean a friendly slap on the back -- he was gently rubbing this guy's back in delicate (almost loving) strokes. He would even mix in little 'scratching' motions and pats. It was truly and utterly bizarre.

This went on for several minutes. That memory has stuck with me all of these years because of how strange it was, but I never thought it was much more than a bizarre oddity. But these revelations put that memory into a strange new light.
    Garden party . . . someone opened up a closet door . . .
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

I guess he took that whole "you scratch my back, I'll scatch yours" thing literally.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Garden party . . . someone opened up a closet door . . .
    Sic-em was just jealous it wernt his back!

vCash

Another funny incident from that day: The doors leading from the home to the veranda were a little on the narrow side. His advance team made up of Secret Service agents (actually they may have been Capitol Hill Police, not sure) and his staff had to do a walk through of the home in advance which included measuring the doors to ensure he could fit through them. Hand to God -- true story. They had to measure the doors.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Sic-em was just jealous it wernt his back!
    He's a big old teddybear, and I just wanted him to hold me in his arms.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    He's a big old teddybear, and I just wanted him to hold me in his arms.
    In yer Bride maid dress!

vCash

Can you say Bill Cosby? Now a second 'person' has come forward. Looks like Coach Hastert was caught teaching an illegal version of the Camel Clutch.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ays/ar-BBkp6II

vCash

yep, the Patriot Act is for terrorists. lol.

not that i'm defending him... but i wonder how many congressmen with D after their name have the FBI/DOJ looking into them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

not that i'm defending him... but i wonder how many congressmen with D after their name have the FBI/DOJ looking into them.
    Just as many as those who have R....

vCash

so you think the administration is witch hunting their own party too?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

Only those that structured cash withdrawals from their own account to pay blackmail... Actually, I believe this is an IRS or RICO issue...

You know, pull all the money at once and tell your buying a house... I just bought a car a few months back and withdrew $16,000 from savings to transfer to another bank where I have a check account. Had to get special permission for the transfer from the Bank Manager (he had to approve) and I told them I was buying a car. Done deal...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Only those that structured cash withdrawals from their own account to pay blackmail... Actually, I believe this is an IRS or RICO issue...

You know, pull all the money at once and tell your buying a house... I just bought a car a few months back and withdrew $16,000 from savings to transfer to another bank where I have a check account. Had to get special permission for the transfer from the Bank Manager (he had to approve) and I told them I was buying a car. Done deal...
    Bruce?

OleVet Posse Instigator